NHL'94 Forums

Winter league?

halifax

I know there's a few of us out there who are on the outside looking in for the play-offs either because we (A)signed up too late to get a team or (B)missed the playoffs altogether. I know you guys(admins) have run spring and fall leagues and it will be another 4 months or so before the next one starts. Is there any chance to have a winter league set up for those of us that are itching to get some 'official' games in and for those others who continue to enjoy playing year round?

I'm thinking of a small tournament for the winter, but it will only have 26 entrants (one to a team). Also, you don't get to pick teams, I assign teams based on what level you played in and, if applicable, your playoff results. If you were in both levels, I take the worse record - for example, addisonbr didn't do so hot in A with Edmonton, but only lost 3 as Chicago in B, however, Chicago isn't an accurate team to measure skill with. You also get priority if you didn't play, however, people with bad league records will get the top teams, then I'll go people who didn't play, then everyone else. So the entrant from a B league who did the worst (unless someone who did worse and was in A enters) gets Chicago, and the best entrant from A (unless someone who did better in B enters) gets the worst team remaining.

Addisonbr did badly in Gens A using Edmonton

I think "badly" is actually quite kind. I was pretty stinky.

I'm not sure if my favorite loss was holding a team to 7 shots but losing 6-3, or watching my goalie get five-holed on a "pass shot" from center ice - on a penalty shot! - 10 seconds into OT. Maybe my right eye gets the 7 shot game and my left eye gets the "pass shot" game, and I'll stab a fork into the winner.

Guest BSDaemon
I think "badly" is actually quite kind. I was pretty stinky.

I'm not sure if my favorite loss was holding a team to 7 shots but losing 6-3, or watching my goalie get five-holed on a "pass shot" from center ice - on a penalty shot! - 10 seconds into OT. Maybe my right eye gets the 7 shot game and my left eye gets the "pass shot" game, and I'll stab a fork into the winner.

i say the first.... cuz unless you were doing something dumb, that was the computers fault.. whereas giving up 6 goals on 7 shots is your own fault ;);):P

I'm actually allowing Gens and SNES players to play, and the "home" advantage will also be a platform one. Not like cross-platform is really hard, if you find out what does what you can map the shoot button on Gens to the one you use normally, the only difference will likely be graphics and sound.

Guest BSDaemon
I'm actually allowing Gens and SNES players to play, and the "home" advantage will also be a platform one. Not like cross-platform is really hard, if you find out what does what you can map the shoot button on Gens to the one you use normally, the only difference will likely be graphics and sound.

... and gameplay, since GENS is completely different...