NHL'94 Forums

COOL IT

addisonbr

There's really only one rule here - be respectful of other users. The threads today have been ridiculous, and it's embarrassing to the whole community. These forums are our best form of advertising... We were featured on Digg.com a few days ago, and membership has grown by 50% in the past week alone. People new to NHL94.com are going to be looking to the boards for guidance on how to act and I'm afraid that what they're going to see are the same trolling and flame wars that you can find anywhere on the Internet.

We're better than that.

At the very least, if you can't respect each other, try to respect Evan, and the fact that he has better things to do than police the boards all afternoon, deleting posts, locking threads, and generally babysitting the people for whom he puts all of this stuff together. He does enough; it's not fair to ask him to do that too.

Please, everyone, just chill out for a bit.

I agree. I'm sorry for my lude behavior today. Let's chill the **** out and just talk about the game. I'm a man of my word, no more unfair shots at people.

Let's show the likes of Digg.com what this forum's really all about. Game on!

Addinsorb and evan, I apologize yesterday too. Don't wanna go again to that who started and who's fault is this.. It just annoys me that people(fleurys hipcheck) need to comment every time about my grammar..Well. hope he ce still understands what I am saying. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think that these kind of conversations what we all have witnessed recently, can sometimes make good to "our" pages. People come and see and wonder " hey,what is going on here? They soon realize that it is a game, and everything has to do with everything. It all rolls around the best, finest, and most playable sport game ever: NHL94.

I have to say, that I totally understand that admin needs to delete some of the messages that are written. But still, maybe the new visitors would think that theyre funny cause they make no real practical sense. That way the community would get more positiv publicity...?

What is your opinion about this, adbinsorn ? And dear fleurys hip check: I know you are a sleep right know. Hopefully you will score some beeaatifuull goals in your dreams., cause when we jump to ice, it is gonna be harder :lol:

Addinsorb and evan, I apologize yesterday too. Don't wanna go again to that who started and who's fault is this.. It just annoys me that people(fleurys hipcheck) need to comment every time about my grammar..Well. hope he ce still understands what I am saying. <_<

Anyway, I think that these kind of conversations what we all have witnessed recently, can sometimes make good to "our" pages. People come and see and wonder " hey,what is going on here? They soon realize that it is a game, and everything has to do with everything. It all rolls around the best, finest, and most playable sport game ever: NHL94.

I have to say, that I totally understand that admin needs to delete some of the messages that are written. But still, maybe the new visitors would think that theyre funny cause they make no real practical sense. That way the community would get more positiv publicity...?

What is your opinion about this, adbinsorn ? And dear fleurys hip check: I know you are a sleep right know. Hopefully you will score some beeaatifuull goals in your dreams., cause when we jump to ice, it is gonna be harder :D

Ahola, I think my message might have been deleted with one of the threads yesterday before you got to read it, but I wanted to say that I do apologize for coming down on your grammar. I didn't realize at first that you were from the other side of the pond. I know how it can be frustrating to communicate in a language that's not your native one. I experienced the same thing when I studied overseas. So, hey man, I hope there's no hard feelings.

I don't mind the trash talking with you but I really don't want to upset the community. And if the last thing I want to do is cause more work for the admins. Evan assembled an amazing site and I'm happy to be part of it.

Ahola, I think my message might have been deleted with one of the threads yesterday before you got to read it, but I wanted to say that I do apologize for coming down on your grammar. I didn't realize at first that you were from the other side of the pond. I know how it can be frustrating to communicate in a language that's not your native one. I experienced the same thing when I studied overseas. So, hey man, I hope there's no hard feelings.

I don't mind the trash talking with you but I really don't want to upset the community. And if the last thing I want to do is cause more work for the admins. Evan assembled an amazing site and I'm happy to be part of it.

Ahola, fleury...good job guys on getting this resolved. I can't speak for everyone but you're public apologies will gain you more respect in the long run.

Guys,

Thanks for understanding about keepnig this place positive. Addison is doing alot to keep things around here sane. We don't need anymore madness. As it is, I barely can keep up with the forums lately with my schedule and the daily post count.

I also appreciate all the new guys here that have been making great additions to the community. Lets do what we can to keep this place under control and expand what we have.

Come on, it's NHL94!

Hey fleurys hipcheck. I understand u totally. I know i can be annoying sometimes, but im glad that u understood that was only joking. U seem to be the first one here, everybody else are pissed of about me.

PS.And thanks for apologizing from me about the grammar stuff. I appreciate that, really do. Sorry that i was insolting your country and your trips to europe too, just fooling around. It was fune, but maybe we shoul do it somewhere else in the future :D

PS.I appriciate that evan hasen't kicked me out here, even though i have been ass....I promise, no more challenging messages to public forum. Too nice place to so spoil it with this kind of stuff.

PS.I appriciate that evan hasen't kicked me out here, even though i have been ass....I promise, no more challenging messages to public forum. Too nice place to so spoil it with this kind of stuff.

Well, I don't think we need to pretend that challenge messages in and of themselves are a problem. There are obviously multiple ways to send a message.

When in doubt, ask yourself this question: "If we were walking by a bunch of hoodlums on a basketball court and my girlfriend suddenly screamed these words in their faces, would I fear for the safety of myself and others in my general vicinity?"

Avoiding affirmative answers probably isn't a bad rule of thumb.

It works for actually walking past basketball courts too.

I've had 2 guys thanking me that they haven't been kicked from this community in the past couple days. That should tell you something (that you even realized you were being a poor asset.)

Thanks for the apologies, I only hope we can be a happy family here from now on.