NHL'94 Forums

I'm going to pick Chicago next year

puffchuggo

pick a better team then, quit whining. you think we should change the entire way the league works because you got beat in one game?

I'm only offering my opinion. If you bothered to read my post, I already said I dont expect anyone to change the league based on my opinion. I ALSO said I didnt post this just because of my 1 loss. Can you read?

NEWSFLASH: I could have picked a better team, but didnt. I actually have integrity. If I pick Chicago I dont feel its fair someone else cant. But now, its getting a bit old, so I just might take your suggestion.

And coming from the biggest whiner on this board, I find your comments ironic. Sorry, tried to be nice to you. Now I gotta say it like it is. I am seeing why everyone in the snes league hates you lately. Dont bother replying to this. If you cant hold a civil conversation, dont participate.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BSDaemon
I'm only offering my opinion. If you bothered to read my post, I already said I dont expect anyone to change the league based on my opinion.

NEWSFLASH: I could have picked a better team, but didnt. I actually have integrity. If I pick Chicago I dont feel its fair someone else cant. But now, its getting a bit old, so I just might take your suggestion.

And coming from the biggest whiner on this board, I find your comments ironic. Sorry, tried to be nice to you, but you are truly a d**khead. I see why everyone in the snes league hates you. Dont bother replying to this.

That's funny.

If you're only offering your opinion, why do you keep babbling about the league being a bad system? Go make your own then.

You tried to be nice? When? You've always come across as a complete tool....

I truly believe that the population that wants an entire league to play with one team is vast minority.... albeit a vocal one.

Like it has been said before, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

This league is working excellent as it is, and all that is being done to it is minor improvements and superficial "fluff", like stat tracking and the bit, which definately enhances the experience.

There seems to be a lot of guys starting up their own leagues with different philosophies (offsides, drafted teams, etc.) Perhaps you are interested in starting your own, or maybe there is someone else interested in starting a league to the constraints of one team. I know I would be interested in joining, I love playing this game no matter what the settings.

Beyond that.... Lemieux a superstar? I know he is rated 99, but he is definately not the best player in NHL94, and maybe not even top 5. I am certain I can get a lot of backup on that.

Telling me to improve my defense is nice and it sounds good, but when an all star gets hot, the best d in the world isnt going to stop him.

-Yes, a good defense can stop him. Play kgman, marc, tickenest, clockwise, gr8199, ......... list goes on and on

Guest BSDaemon
The feeling is mutual, except the difference is many in the snes league feel that way about you too. I can see why.

I'm only a tool to those who are a tool to me first.

:P;);):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They just don't like me because I'm blunt and have a low tolerance for stupidity.

We can go back and forth all night on this.

Lets leave it at this: I feel everyone should be on equal footing, and the league should be based on player talents, not team talents.

We will never know who the best player is with such disparity amonst the teams. If you want to say I could beat Pittsburgh with Washington, OK, fine. It'd take much more effort on my part, but its possible. What about the Ottawa's? The Anaheim's? Do they have a chance? The answer is no.

I've made my point. That's all. Agree or disagree and leave it at that.

I truly believe that the population that wants an entire league to play with one team is vast minority.... albeit a vocal one.

Like it has been said before, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

This league is working excellent as it is, and all that is being done to it is minor improvements and superficial "fluff", like stat tracking and the bit, which definately enhances the experience.

There seems to be a lot of guys starting up their own leagues with different philosophies (offsides, drafted teams, etc.) Perhaps you are interested in starting your own, or maybe there is someone else interested in starting a league to the constraints of one team. I know I would be interested in joining, I love playing this game no matter what the settings.

Beyond that.... Lemieux a superstar? I know he is rated 99, but he is definately not the best player in NHL94, and maybe not even top 5. I am certain I can get a lot of backup on that.

-Yes, a good defense can stop him. Play kgman, marc, tickenest, clockwise, gr8199, ......... list goes on and on

How do you feel about 92? You ever play that?

There are these guys who run a "CSHL" league and they want to go online. They use the 92 rom though.

And as far as KGMAN being able to beat pitt I have no doubt. KGMAN could beat pitt with Ottawa. There are always exceptions to the rule, but my thing is, you shouldnt have to be a super gifted player to compete in this league. Its only my opinion, thats all. I respect yours.

I am not trying to say I'm the best player at all and lost because pitt played me. I'm just using this as an example to demonstrate my opinion.

I agree with you on the point, that a 1 team league is a minority as far as people wanting it. But its not how I feel. I feel a 1 man team is the most fair way to determine who is the best player, and I dont think anyone can offer any valid reason to suggest otherwise.

cross, I think youre missing the bottom line.

there are ALOT of players in this game that can steal it all on their own.

ive done it with TBs Brian Bradley.

Key word is "steal".

Shouldnt have to "steal" it.

For example, Kgman will probably win with Hartford this year. Hartford is not very good, but can we really say he "stole" it? No, because his talent is far above anyone else's.

I'm interested in a league with equal playing ground, thats why I'm looking into the CSHL with those guys with the 92 rom. They have the system down perfect in my opinion:

10 minute periods (if you fall behind you still have a chance to win, and the person who plays the best game will always win).

Same team (League is about player abilities not team abilities).

There's really no way to tell who "steals" championships here, because of the huge disparity among the teams. If you have a league with equal footing, lesser players can TRULY steal championships and we'd know they stole it. Players can improve their abilities over the course of time, and upsets can happen in the playoffs. Now that'd be fun.

But hey I get what youre saying. I'm not missing the point, I just dont agree with the point.

And lets say the random team is Detroit. Cant say "that team doesnt fit my style" because you can always adjust your lines. You can put slow players in, OR you can match up the same lines. Its a fair system.

But I realize this place is never going to do any of that, and I dont blame Evan. The way it is, is what the majority seem to want. But I believe if the league did change to a fair system of teams, eventually everyone would realize how much better it would be. But its hard once you start out a league one way, to change it. People are adverse to change, even if that change is for the better.

Pittsburgh: not a top 10 team

and i'm from Pittsburgh, and Mario Lemieux is the next best thing to Jesus.... but unfortunately some cruel stroke of fate made teams like Detroit, Calgary, and Vancouver better suited for domination.

With line changes on, mabye not.

With line changes off, they are a top 5 team, easy. No doubt.

Calgary is so highly rated because someone from the organization worked on the ratings I believe.

Guest BSDaemon
Key word is "steal".

Shouldnt have to "steal" it.

For example, Kgman will probably win with Hartford this year. Hartford is not very good, but can we really say he "stole" it? No, because his talent is far above anyone else's.

I'm interested in a league with equal playing ground, thats why I'm looking into the CSHL with those guys with the 92 rom. They have the system down perfect in my opinion:

10 minute periods (if you fall behind you still have a chance to win, and the person who plays the best game will always win).

Same team (League is about player abilities not team abilities).

There's really no way to tell who "steals" championships here, because of the huge disparity among the teams. If you have a league with equal footing, lesser players can TRULY steal championships and we'd know they stole it. Players can improve their abilities over the course of time, and upsets can happen in the playoffs. Now that'd be fun.

But hey I get what youre saying. I'm not missing the point, I just dont agree with the point.

And lets say the random team is Detroit. Cant say "that team doesnt fit my style" because you can always adjust your lines. You can put slow players in, OR you can match up the same lines. Its a fair system.

But I realize this place is never going to do any of that, and I dont blame Evan. The way it is, is what the majority seem to want. But I believe if the league did change to a fair system of teams, eventually everyone would realize how much better it would be. But its hard once you start out a league one way, to change it. People are adverse to change, even if that change is for the better.

However, since doing anything like that wouldn't be for the better.. then not wanting to change is pretty much justified.

45+ posts in this topic in just a few hours...might be a record for this site!

Heres the 47th post: I just got swept. :rolleyes:

Wont happen again next season, I promise you that. Theres going to be hell to pay for this.

I am no longer going to be picking sub par teams out of respect. This year I had first pick and wound up with Washington. That wont happen next season.

If the system wont change, I will. If you cant beat em, join em. Lemeuix had 5 goals again the last game. Completely unstopable. f**k that s**t. Next year I'M going to be the one running up the score with superstar players. Enough of this crap.

I advise to anyone reading this to NOT be modest anymore, and pick the highest rated team you can get your hands on. This has taught me that nice guys finish last. I made a mistake, and have learned. CARSE you in particular. You made the same mistake I made. You're a top tier player and picked Florida out of respect. Dont f**kin bother man, it aint worth it. Pick a good team next season. Youre one of the better players in the league, dont be a nice guy next season. We both tried to be nice and got reamed in the rear for doing it.

Guest BSDaemon
No I dont, you said it, not me.

You need to learn how to respect other peoples opinions. Thats your problem. You are not as smart as you think you are.

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

And here we go again... "boo hoo I lost because my team sucks, not possibly because I wasn't up the playing ability of my opponent!"

personally im in favor of a draft. we throw everybody in the pool and the order is random. then teams are just picked from there. obviously those lucky enough to be at the top will get the best teams. its fair because it gives everyone an equal shot to get the team they want. having teams with different abilities is part of hockey and part of life.

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

And here we go again... "boo hoo I lost because my team sucks, not possibly because I wasn't up the playing ability of my opponent!"

You are truly an idiot.

Yes my opponent had absolutely no advantage with Mario Lemeuix and Kevin Stevens vs a bunch of scrubs.

I dont give a s**t if you think I'm whining. I really dont care. I say what needs to be said, and I speak the truth. If you take offense to the truth, and call it "whining", thats your problem. The "classy" thing for me to do would be to congratulate kgboy. I did that, numerous times, which you fail to mention (reading problems again on your part). I am also not going to sit here and say "gee golly, he had an all star team, but that didnt matter! He was just better!", because you and I both know thats a bunch of bull.

And once again, if you actually read my posts you see that I blame myself for losing, but adding that with an even playing field I probably wouldnt have.

Now quit being a flamer. This is why noone can stand you dude.

personally im in favor of a draft. we throw everybody in the pool and the order is random. then teams are just picked from there. obviously those lucky enough to be at the top will get the best teams. its fair because it gives everyone an equal shot to get the team they want. having teams with different abilities is part of hockey and part of life.

That really doesnt solve much imo. Some players will get screwed based on who gets the tallest straw?

The only solution is to have equal teams.

Here's another facet of my argument:

The entire regular season, as is constructed right now, is a complete and TOTAL waste of time, space, and energy.

EXAMPLE: My record: 29-10

TEAM I GOT SWEPT BY RECORD: 15-25

Is there something wrong with this picture?

I mean COME ON. You work your butt off the regular season, beating all different types of players, and styles, and lose because you happen to face an all-star team?

See, if you had a league with everyone on equal footing, this crap doesnt happen, and the regular season HAS MEANING.

Well, whatever. I guess I'm just "whining". Congrats to pitt and kgboy once again.

everyone with an equal team just seems mundane. like addisonbr said 400 det vs. det games does not sound like fun at all. You saying that working with the players on that team will fit to our strengths is a kanard. All teams have weaknesses and its very likely those weaknesses will affect some of the players. So one team ,is just not a solution due to that fact alone. I can see the reasoning you have, and while the reasoning may be sound from your view, i just disagree. Life is all about sometimes getting the short end of the straw, and working with what you get is exactly what hockey is. Just because the St. Louis Blues are filled with bums, they arent crying foul and saying everyone must have equal caliber players, they make do with what they have and in some cases like the 2003 minnesotta wild (i believe) made the playoffs with a team full of bums. also teams like the new york rangers who filled their team with stars stunk and missed the playoffs for 7 years i believe. Being successful is all about devising a game plan, playing to your strengths, and taking advantage of opponents weaknesses. It may not always be possible to do those things every game, it is not impossible. Washington is capable of beating Pittsburgh, by no means am i taking a stab at your ability to play the game, but the fact is you played 3 real close games that just didnt come out in your favor, a bounce here or there could have changed the game, not the fact that you have the same team as him would neccessarily change anything.

i love this league and im very happy to be here. i just dont think its the right thing to do to stop people from voicing their opinions as long as its respectful. if im beign disrespectful, please let me know and ill change my actions.