NHL'94 Forums

I'm going to pick Chicago next year

puffchuggo

He shoulda picked a better team <_<

Hell, I didn't even sign up until a month into it, and I got Chicago...

I didnt pick a better team because it goes against my principles, and I dont like having an unfair advantage.

Every player should be able to pick whichever team they want. Then I'd have no problem picking a great team.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BSDaemon
I didnt pick a better team because it goes against my principles, and I dont like having an unfair advantage.

Every player should be able to pick whichever team they want. Then I'd have no problem picking a great team.

Well you can't pick a team that's already been picked... thats just stupid. Kinda defeats the point of a league...

your right, it would be easier to take the loss if you know it was you and not a team of lesser ability. but such is life, we all face that situation in this league outside of a few exceptions, so i know a few others will share your pain, i may even be one of them later on. but i still love the league the way it is and any improvements that can be made i know will be appreciated by the masses.

just make a rom with all players and goalies ranked the same and problem solved

Hows this:

A rom with one line of speedy players, one line of defensive grit players, and one line with players who are in between.

This way anyone can set their team any way they like. Noone can complain "this team doesnt fit my style", because you can edit your team anyway you choose. It would be bland either, because everyone would set their lines differently. <_<

as for a rom with everyone ranked the same i just feel it robs the game of its uniqueness and the different way players and teams can be used. part of the excellence of the game is its variety in my opinion, taking the variety out would cause the appeal to decrease.

your right, it would be easier to take the loss if you know it was you and not a team of lesser ability. but such is life, we all face that situation in this league outside of a few exceptions, so i know a few others will share your pain, i may even be one of them later on. but i still love the league the way it is and any improvements that can be made i know will be appreciated by the masses.

Regardless of Washingtons talent, I still could have won.

I just didnt play my best, so I'm not "entirely" blaming it it on team disparity. Just partially.

I'm just saying its harder to win when you have to be on your game every second. Possible, but much harder.

Guest BSDaemon
I'm just saying its harder to win when you have to be on your game every second. Possible, but much harder.

I hear ya on that one... when my D is having a bad game, or Belfour is playing more like Glenn Healey, it's so frustrating when you have to work your ass off for a goal... digging in the corners, etc.... and then they skate down the ice and get a really soft one... *GRR*

This league should be for fun. It's not about who is the objective champion of the world, because even if everyone has same team, the winner of the playoffs would probably just come down to matchups more than gross skill. You could be best player in league given all circumstances, but one guy has your number and you lose in second round, when you know if you just didn't match up with him you'd beat everyone else. That's just the way it is, in both video games and real life. (Ask Ottawa about how they always got stuck playing Leafs, who owned them and would promptly get eliminated themselves after beating Ottawa)

The regular season isn't pointless, it's the heart of the league. I have run through two playoffs, once getting swept in first round, and once losing in finals. Both seasons I had more fun with regular season because I simply enjoy getting in a bunch of games against a variety of opponents rather than simply playing the same guy over and over with the same teams.

The first two seasons I didn't even put chicago on my team ballot, but after getting swept I got a little pissy and put chicago as my 3rd or 4th choice. I ended up with them, and now after every game I wonder if I won only because I have chicago. Trust me, it's no better than wondering if the only reason you lost is because the other guy had chicago or team x.

Just try and enjoy it because no system is perfect. This website and even this league exist to create games and online community of players more than anything else. Not about proving who is best for one 3 month period on lagged internet games on a 12 year old game on a defunct system.

At least that's my 2 cents...

Wont happen again next season, I promise you that. Theres going to be hell to pay for this.

I am no longer going to be picking sub par teams out of respect. This year I had first pick and wound up with Washington. That wont happen next season.

If the system wont change, I will. If you cant beat em, join em. Lemeuix had 5 goals again the last game. Completely unstopable. f**k that s**t. Next year I'M going to be the one running up the score with superstar players. Enough of this crap.

I advise to anyone reading this to NOT be modest anymore, and pick the highest rated team you can get your hands on. This has taught me that nice guys finish last. I made a mistake, and have learned. CARSE you in particular. You made the same mistake I made. You're a top tier player and picked Florida out of respect. Dont f**kin bother man, it aint worth it. Pick a good team next season. Youre one of the better players in the league, dont be a nice guy next season. We both tried to be nice and got reamed in the rear for doing it.

I may be wrong, but I think if you actually selected Florida and Washington out of respect for the league, the continuation of that respect would be to accept, with good sportsmanship, losing to people controlling better teams. It's frustrating, I know, but the respect you want to show for the league shouldn't be affected by the outcome of the game.

im sick of EVERYONE BITCHING

PITSBURGE IS THE SHITIEST TEAM THERE IS U GOT THAT THERE NOT GOOD LEMIUEX IS NOT THAT GOOD AND FOR FUKS SAKE I BET I CAN BEAT THEM QUITE EASILY IM SICK OF ALL THE CRYING ITS PETHETIC ASK ANYONE WHO KLNOWS ME I THINK THAT PITTSBURGE SUCKS ASSS THE ONLY REASON I PICK THEM IS CUZ I SIGNED UP TO LATE AND NOONE ELSE PIOCK THEM

SO THATS SAYING SOMETHING ISN'T IT

ITS ALSO SAYING THAT NOONE THINKS PITTSBURGE IS THAT GOOD BECAUSE THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO SUCKS WHO GOES I NEED AN AMAZING TEAM AND PITTS ISN'T ONE EVREY SINGLE TEAM HAS A STRENGTH AND WEEKNESS ITS TOO BAD THAT PEOPLE ARE TOO DUMB TO FIGURE THAT OUT BY EXPERIMENTING. INSTEAD THEY JUST LIKE TO CRY...........

AND WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT BANNING TEAMS AND LEETING ONE TEAM BE PLAYED BY MORE THEN ONE PERSON....................ITS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD ITS SAD THAT U CANT FIGURE OUT THAT IF U R GOOD U R

LOOK AT KGMAN HE HAD DALLAS WITH WHAT 20 LOSSES AND RAPED EVERYONE

THEN HE HAS HARTFORD (WHO EVERYONE THINKS SUCKS BUT HAS AN AMAZING TEAM AND ABOUT 6 AMAZING OFFENCES MAN AND 3 GOOD DEFENCEMAN AND THE MOST LUCKY GOALIE HES ALWAYS IN POSITION) BUT I MUST SAY HE PLAYS AMAZINGLY SO DONT TALK s**t ABOUT UR TEAM TRY SOME LINES CHANGE s**t AROUND AND WIN A GAME

THATS ALL IM GONNA SAY AND I HAVE NEVER MET PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN LIKE THIS

U KNOW THERE IS A SAYING "THE GREAT PLAYERS LOSE AND LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE, THE OTHERS LIVE IN THE PAST"

Guest BSDaemon
im sick of EVERYONE BITCHING

PITSBURGE IS THE SHITIEST TEAM THERE IS U GOT THAT THERE NOT GOOD LEMIUEX IS NOT THAT GOOD AND FOR FUKS SAKE I BET I CAN BEAT THEM QUITE EASILY IM SICK OF ALL THE CRYING ITS PETHETIC ASK ANYONE WHO KLNOWS ME I THINK THAT PITTSBURGE SUCKS ASSS THE ONLY REASON I PICK THEM IS CUZ I SIGNED UP TO LATE AND NOONE ELSE PIOCK THEM

SO THATS SAYING SOMETHING ISN'T IT

ITS ALSO SAYING THAT NOONE THINKS PITTSBURGE IS THAT GOOD BECAUSE THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO SUCKS WHO GOES I NEED AN AMAZING TEAM AND PITTS ISN'T ONE EVREY SINGLE TEAM HAS A STRENGTH AND WEEKNESS ITS TOO BAD THAT PEOPLE ARE TOO DUMB TO FIGURE THAT OUT BY EXPERIMENTING. INSTEAD THEY JUST LIKE TO CRY...........

AND WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT BANNING TEAMS AND LEETING ONE TEAM BE PLAYED BY MORE THEN ONE PERSON....................ITS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD ITS SAD THAT U CANT FIGURE OUT THAT IF U R GOOD U R

LOOK AT KGMAN HE HAD DALLAS WITH WHAT 20 LOSSES AND RAPED EVERYONE

THEN HE HAS HARTFORD (WHO EVERYONE THINKS SUCKS BUT HAS AN AMAZING TEAM AND ABOUT 6 AMAZING OFFENCES MAN AND 3 GOOD DEFENCEMAN AND THE MOST LUCKY GOALIE HES ALWAYS IN POSITION) BUT I MUST SAY HE PLAYS AMAZINGLY SO DONT TALK s**t ABOUT UR TEAM TRY SOME LINES CHANGE s**t AROUND AND WIN A GAME

THATS ALL IM GONNA SAY AND I HAVE NEVER MET PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN LIKE THIS

U KNOW THERE IS A SAYING "THE GREAT PLAYERS LOSE AND LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE, THE OTHERS LIVE IN THE PAST"

Alright, that was kind of difficult to read being in all caps... but I think I get the gist of it. And yes, I agree with what you said... (i think).

UMMMM from what i remember the date for the FALL SEASON was announced and teams were picked by a first come first serve basis.. the order in which Evan received the emails in,. so you made your own choice and whatever happens happens, you alone are responsible for whatever the outcome was, YOUU PICKED THE TEAM,, YOUUU PLAYED YOUR GAMES, and if youu lost u got outplayed or didnt have much luck.. so wtf?

everyone had a equal chance in picking teams.. thats why kgman got florida? because he waited until the last minute.. anywayss

ill pull a big upset over Chicago in GENS A to prove it to you guys lolll (maybe)

Guest BSDaemon
UMMMM from what i remember the date for the FALL SEASON was announced and teams were picked by a first come first serve basis.. the order in which Evan received the emails in,. so you made your own choice and whatever happens happens, you alone are responsible for whatever the outcome was, YOUU PICKED THE TEAM,, YOUUU PLAYED YOUR GAMES, and if youu lost u got outplayed or didnt have much luck.. so wtf?

everyone had a equal chance in picking teams.. thats why kgman got florida? because he waited until the last minute.. anywayss

ill pull a big upset over Chicago in GENS A to prove it to you guys lolll (maybe)

You're right.