NHL'94 Forums

Draft notes

dmitry

It's time to start researching who you will draft. We will likely be drafting 3 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 2 goalies per team unless we decide otherwise. We will not have line changes for the first season. This may show my inexperience, but are there injuries when line changes are off? If so we will have to draft some extra players.

I will come up with a random draft order after the signups are completed. If you will not be around to draft, you are advised to send in a list or designate someone to draft for you. The draft should take about a week, maybe 2 weeks depending on how many players we draft.

please post any draft questions or suggestions in this thread.

draft will start monday if everything falls into place.

Due to injuries and penalties we will have to draft backup players.

I think in the NHL94.net draft league we did:

6 wingers

4 Defensemen

2 goalies

We did it in a chat room and it took a lot longer then expected. We tried to set a time limit to pick, but i dont think anyone was keeping time.

Also, What are the plans for the drafting process?

Live Chat? (very hard to coordinate, but leads to best lineups)

Draft Via the Forum? (take turns on the forum. This would take a long time)

Paper Draft? (everyone submits on paper)

Other method?

Also, What are the plans for the drafting process?

Live Chat? (very hard to coordinate, but leads to best lineups)

Draft Via the Forum? (take turns on the forum. This would take a long time)

Paper Draft? (everyone submits on paper)

Other method?

it will be a scheduled draft with deadlines for picks. i will set it up once the signups are complete.

draft picks will be done here on the forum, and the database will be regularly updated so there will be no confusion on who has been picked.

if a deadline is missed, and the person has not designated someone to pick for him and has not sent or posted a list, then the person will be skipped. the skipped person may pick anytime after he has been skipped.

i have lots of experience with similar drafts, so i don't anticipate too much of a problem unless we just have no participation.

I will be on vacation from Nov 11th-19th, so Ill just send you a draft list.

How many players should I put on the list and where can I email it too?

well if you are going to miss most of the draft, you would need a huge list to cover every possibility. i would send a list of your top players at each position and note what your priorities are. After the first 2 or 3 rounds you might want to have someone draft for you, or let me pick the best available guy for you. hartman.donald@gmail.com is my email