NHL'94 Forums

Heartbreak City

angryjay93

I must say,i have just had the most heart wrenching moment in my video game life this afternoon. After going up in this sereis against hokeefan 3-2 i have blown it.

Game 6: An incredible first period by the Canucks put them out in front with a 7-1 lead, Bure potted home a double hat trick to help the cause. Toronto wouldnt go down without a fight where Gilmour put up his own hat trick and Dave Ellet potted home a goal to make it 7-5 after two. In the first two minutes of the thrid the Leafs slipped two more past McLean to set up an exciting finish. Tornto hopes were dashed at the Gardens though when a Bure breakway with 35 seconds left put the icing on the cake for the Canucks in an 8-7 slugfest.

Game 7: The Canucks came home to a boisterous crowd for the winner take all game 7. Vancouver got the early lead 1-0, but Toronto roared back with 2 of their own goals to make it 2-1 after the first. In the second Toronto picked up another goal early, but Cliff Ronning grinded a goal home for the Canucks to set up a 3-2 third period. In the third the Canucks put two in the net to take a 4-3 lead with two minutes left. But Doug Gilmour stormed right back to put a tally on the board and tie it up with a 100 seconds left. While shorthanded though Pavel Bure struck once more with 9 seconds left seemingly sealing the deal for the Canucks. But in a blink of an eye Doug Gilmour stormed down the ice to tie the game on a blistering slapper by KirK McLean. In the ot, Wendell Clark had Mclean beaten with a slapper but it just slipped past the cage and into the hands of a vancouver defenseman who passed it up to Bure and after a quick move, deked both the defender and the goalie to score the game winner and series winner for the Canucks.

By far the most exciting time ive ever had, im very dissapointed in how i blew this series but i have to give credit where credit is due and congratulate hokkeefan. Good luck to him in his future games.

p.s. The Western Conference can now relax (Chicago and Winnpeg) Juice Maker has fallen by the way side.

WOW..sounded like an awesome series! 35 goals scored a piece....game seven.....OT winner...you can't get much more of an even series then that.

• 3 years later...