NHL'94 Forums

playoff scheduling

kgboy66

WHO PLAYS WHO IN THE SECOND ROUND CAN SOMEONE MAKE A CHART OR SOMETHING

ITS WEIRD IN REAL LIFE I THINK THE WINNER OF GAME 8 AND 1 PLAY THE WINNER OF GAME 4 5

BUT I DONT KNOW HWO ITS WORKING OUT AND I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN IN THE NEXT ROUND

ITS WEIRD IN REAL LIFE I THINK THE WINNER OF GAME 8 AND 1 PLAY THE WINNER OF GAME 4 5

BUT I DONT KNOW HWO ITS WORKING OUT AND I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN IN THE NEXT ROUND

i'm pretty sure you play the highest remaining seed in your conference.

Guest BSDaemon

Hey man.. I'm not trying to sound rude here, but could you please not use caps? Generally it's considered yelling on the Internet. Please don't take any offence to my request. Thanks dude :lol:

Hey man.. I'm not trying to sound rude here, but could you please not use caps? Generally it's considered yelling on the Internet. Please don't take any offence to my request. Thanks dude B)

Hey guys hp;d up a second im being checking this out on google and throughtout the nhl but I SHOULD play the winner of the 5 4 game not the winner of the 7 2 game heres some proof.......... IM just trying to make this accurate

IF u dont believe me check this site out it proves my point

http://www.gareth.org/nhltree.html

The only reason it worked that way was because in the west the bottom 4 seeds won and in the east the top 4 seeds won. In a straight bracket like you posted here it is designed so that if the higher seeded team wins, 1st seed will always play the lowest seed.

The NHL does use the rule to pair the highest seed with the lowest seed every round and then continue paring using that rule once those teams are removed. Last year was just a weird occurance.

Guest BSDaemon
The only reason it worked that way was because in the west the bottom 4 seeds won and in the east the top 4 seeds won. In a straight bracket like you posted here it is designed so that if the higher seeded team wins, 1st seed will always play the lowest seed.

The NHL does use the rule to pair the highest seed with the lowest seed every round and then continue paring using that rule once those teams are removed. Last year was just a weird occurance.

Yeah, last years playoffs were very very strange indeed, as far as seeding goes

The Pimp is is correct. We use same rules as NHL, so kgboy, since you are the #8 seed, you will face the highest remaining seed in the second round. Which means if kgman takes down Carse, then you face him and his Whalers. Otherwise, you face the next highest seed remaining (ie #3 Tickenest, #4 tk11 or #5 thegr8199 depending on results of those series)