NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 animated sprites

clockwise

Man, CW, you are an amazing genious when it comes to computers and NHL 94! ohmy.gif

That's high praise, now! If only it were true.

use gens kmod. 0.6 just got released days ago, but 0,5 will also do what you are after.

From within the graphic menu, enable "screen shot each frame". As its a bit slow in doing such a task, best to work off replay footage to capture the animations.

Thank you, wboy. I'll have a look.

Hey Jesus, is there a way to get a sprite where the goalie is flashing his glove out to the side? That is, in the way he might use his glove to swipe a slap shot out of the air? If it's too much trouble, don't worry. If you can do it, would love to see a Belfour at home one of those.

Sure, no problem.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Love the zamboni!

Who has to clean up all the debris when the glass is shattered? Who has to pick up all the hats after a hat-trick? And who never misses a game? Guy gets no respect.

Would have made it to the pros had it not been for his knee. Now you can find him boiling frozen hot dogs on a portable propane pilot after hours in the janitors office; living off concessions and left over fan-giveaways.

Who has to clean up all the debris when the glass is shattered? Who has to pick up all the hats after a hat-trick? And who never misses a game?

Guy gets no respect.

Would have made it to the pros had it not been for his knee. Now you can find him boiling frozen hot dogs on a portable propane pilot after hours in the janitors office; living off concessions and left over fan-giveaways.

Wow, I never knew. Such a terrible story.

Thanx for the zamboni clockwise. a personal favorite.

post-646-1171775728_thumb.png

post-646-1171775755_thumb.jpg

post-646-1171775773_thumb.jpg

post-646-1171775809_thumb.png

post-646-1171775842_thumb.jpg

post-646-1171775879_thumb.jpg

post-646-1171775929_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
IAmFleury said:

Hey Jesus, is there a way to get a sprite where the goalie is flashing his glove out to the side? That is, in the way he might use his glove to swipe a slap shot out of the air? If it's too much trouble, don't worry. If you can do it, would love to see a Belfour at home one of those.

Sorry I took so long.

I wanna ride the zamboni...

Anyways, is it just me, or do some teams have players with white dots for eyes instead of black dots? It seems like the home team has the white dots (goes with white jerseys, perhaps?), but I'm not sure if that's true because I've had the away team with white eyes and the home team with black.

Is it just me, or do some teams have players with white dots for eyes instead of black dots? It seems like the home team has the white dots (goes with white jerseys, perhaps?), but I'm not sure if that's true because I've had the away team with white eyes and the home team with black.

If I remember correctly, I think the player's eyes are the same colour as the jersey.

For example, I think the Philadelphia Flyers players have orange eyes.

And clockwise, if its possible, can you make a sprite where Pavel Bure (Canucks) is celebrating after a goal? Like when they put their foot in the air.

I wanna ride the zamboni...

Anyways, is it just me, or do some teams have players with white dots for eyes instead of black dots? It seems like the home team has the white dots (goes with white jerseys, perhaps?), but I'm not sure if that's true because I've had the away team with white eyes and the home team with black.

Yes, the color for the eyes are share with the jersey, if I remember correctly.

I fixed this and added tape to the sticks in this patch..

And clockwise, if its possible, can you make a sprite where Pavel Bure (Canucks) is celebrating after a goal? Like when they put their foot in the air.

Home or away and what angle?

Yes, the color for the eyes are share with the jersey, if I remember correctly.

I fixed this and added tape to the sticks in this patch.

Interesting...Which reminds me: Are my eyes going bad or does the New Jersey banner have green (referring to the original cartridge)? I think that depending on the screen size, the black stripe may look green. And shouldn't their unis be mostly red with the black shoulders, not the other way around?

Also, why is it that the All-Star unis are red, white, and blue? If it was going by the last ASG, wouldn't they be orange, black, and white?

And does it bother anyone that a bunch of the unis look practically the same? For example, Anaheim and Dallas away and St. Louis and New York (both of them) away?

One last thing: Does the Boston away uni look brown to anyone?

Home or away and what angle?

Sorry, I didn't explain anything in my last post.

I just want like a home Canucks jersey player facing top-right doing the pump fist thing.

FlyersHockey1967 said:

Interesting...Which reminds me: Are my eyes going bad or does the New Jersey banner have green (referring to the original cartridge)? I think that depending on the screen size, the black stripe may look green. And shouldn't their unis be mostly red with the black shoulders, not the other way around?

Also, why is it that the All-Star unis are red, white, and blue? If it was going by the last ASG, wouldn't they be orange, black, and white?

And does it bother anyone that a bunch of the unis look practically the same? For example, Anaheim and Dallas away and St. Louis and New York (both of them) away?

One last thing: Does the Boston away uni look brown to anyone?

The All-Star unis are orange black and white, but lots of uniforms are inaccurate. STL, Boston and Chicago come to mind. Philly should have a black band around the shoulder, too, like this, and away lid should be black. This is in some part due to the parameters of Genesis' VDP.

You can change the unis to you liking with NOSE.

Ah, now I see the orange, white, and black in the All Star unis. They just look kinda red, white, and blue, especially since the black is a bit light and isn't as dark as others, like Pittsburgh.

Speaking of the All-Stars, they were still the Wales and Campbell conferences back then, right? I noticed they're referred to as the "All-Stars East" and "West" in 94 and 93 as well, but their names weren't changed until Bettman took over, right? Wasn't that after 94 was released?

I've noticed the uniform errors, but I guess it's easier to live with because the graphics aren't so detailed that you're constantly annoyed by them (unlike certain other EA games <_<).

I played out a full season on 95 on dosbox a little while ago with a custom team comprised of guys I used to play with in a league (team name Fighting Clitori: jerseys were royal blue with the GI Joe Cobra logo in red). I saved a few highlights over the course of the season and just made one of them into a GIF. It's now my profile pic...just thought I'd share because I thought it was the greatest defensive play I have ever seen in a hockey video game.

Yeah, nice work on teh Bure gif. I remember watching a little documentary on him on YouTube and the commentator remarked on his celebration after his first goal. It was something about him learning the North American fist pump and leg kick. Very realistic. <_<

Dude, gprice07, nice play! That reminds me: how do you do a shot block in NHL 95-98 on the Genesis?

Yeah, nice work on teh Bure gif. I remember watching a little documentary on him on YouTube and the commentator remarked on his celebration after his first goal. It was something about him learning the North American fist pump and leg kick. Very realistic. <_<

Dude, gprice07, nice play! That reminds me: how do you do a shot block in NHL 95-98 on the Genesis?

Didn't really play that much 95 so I don't remember off hand how to block shots. I assume it is the same button/combination in the PC version, but I usually go for the check. Computer players often do it on their own though. That's where the fake shot deke comes in handy. There is also a drop pass feature in 95 (at least as per wikipedia) but I don't know that one either. The shot fake really in my opinion is the only significant gameplay improvement made since '94.

Double tap 'A' to block a shot in 96 I think... Not sure, but I think it's enough to press once on 95 (Genesis, never really played them on SNES since they suck). I played an awful lot of 95 and 96 back in the days.. :þ

clockwise said:

The All-Star unis are orange black and white. But lots of the uniforms are inaccurate. STL, Boston and Chicago come to mind. Philly should have a black band around the shoulder too like this, still the away lid should be black. This is some part due to the parameters of Genesis's VDP.

You can change the unis easily to you liking with wboy's awesome NOSE editor.

That is f-in sweet. How about ykw?