NHL'94 Forums

SNES Winter League

halifax

rules are same as the current leagues

5minute periods, no line changes, penalties, no off sides.

Coaches will provide a list of teams they want in order of preference. I'll have a random draw for the order coaches will select and then assign teams accordingly from the lists provided. 16 teams will be the cut off.

30 game league....plus playoffs

League will start after the current playoffs or earlier(if there's a general consensus).

Important* Looking for committed players. please be respectful and dont sign up if you dont think you can commit to playing a full season.

Thanks.

THE LEAGUE IS FULL!!! THANKS GUYS!!!

Current Coaches List

1. Halifax

2. BSDaemon

3. Auggie

4. rockyrmjc22

5. the94kid

6. rudy

7. setar

8. ThePimpImp

9. CaperMattman

10. Pyl85

11. Shwartz

12.The Deer

13.Skipper

14.Pokrchamp

15. McMarkis

16. Pittsburgh Penguins SNES B

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rules are same as the current leagues

5minute periods, no line changes, penalties, no off sides.

Coaches will provide a list of teams they want in order of preference. I'll have a random draw for the order coaches will select and then assign teams accordingly from the lists provided. Hoping to get 10 teams but will certainly have more.

Games will depend on number of entries...but I'm looking in the 30-45 game range....plus playoffs

League will start after the current playoffs or earlier(if there's a general consensus).

Important* Looking for committed players. please be respectful and dont sign up if you dont think you can commit.

Thanks.

i wouldn't mind taking a shot at the gen league...any objections to me joining ?

ahem lol, some how i read gens league....well must be bedtime....lol

lol..no worries..does that mean you are not interested?

where is the site>? I will join.....Rockyrmjc22@aol.com and aim.

Montreal is my 1 picky then nj 2 then 3 pitts

I haven't set up any site actually...I had thought about just doing up a spreadsheet on my own and doing it that way....but I will look for a site that has a service to set up a league.(if anyone knows of any, please let me know)

and i've added you to the list..thanks rocky

I'll play. I call Chicago >_>

setar..we'll have a draft system in place...see top post for details...thanks for joining!

94kid and rudy..ive signed you guys up as well..thanks

Sign me up dude!

List of teams is:

Pittsburg

Chicago

Montreal

Detroit

after that... don't care who I get.

just please, pretty please, no leafs.

I live in Toronto but am NOT a leafs fan... i rather use ottawa!

here's my info:

Skipper a.k.a. Patrick

habsman33@hotmail.com

AIM name: thetaxman33

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS /napoleon dynamite

I am interested and please sign me up if you have the space! I'll rank my teams below and you can grab my aim and email off my listing on the forums as I'm scared to post any of the information again b/c of bots and spam :(:

1. HARTFORD

2. Washington

3. Winnipeg

4. Detroit

5. Edmonton

Great idea and thankyou for taking the initiative :D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS /napoleon dynamite

I am interested and please sign me up if you have the space! I'll rank my teams below and you can grab my aim and email off my listing on the forums as I'm scared to post any of the information again b/c of bots and spam :(:

1. HARTFORD

2. Washington

3. Winnipeg

4. Detroit

5. Edmonton

Great idea and thankyou for taking the initiative :D

Patrick, pyl85, schwartz..thanks for signing up

Halifax, my team list:

Montreal

LA Kings

Chicago

I'm third so you should be good there.

Thanks,

Aug

hey auggie..thanks for your teams...just to let you know it wont be in order of the way people signed up but rather a random draw(which i will determine at a later date once i finialize the league teams)...so you could get first pick or anywwhere in between right to second last pick (ill take the final pick of whats left)

setar..we'll have a draft system in place...see top post for details...thanks for joining!

94kid and rudy..ive signed you guys up as well..thanks

I know, I was joking.

I just hope I get first pick, I don't think I'll do any good with a team other than Chicago.

I'm in assuming it won't conflict with anything going on here already. It'll give me some good practice against some A guys for next season.

Pimp and Capermattman....ill add you to the top!

Pimp: not to worry.. I won't start it until these playoffs are done. Unless all of you guys say otherwise. But I wanted to get the word out now to get things set up.

Thanks guys!

I'll make the cut off at 16 teams....4 spots remaining....If i get 16 teams...since this is just a fun league...i'd like to run a 30 game league(play each team twice)...after the regular season is complete..the top 8 will play in the 'A' playoffs...and the bottom 8 will play in a 'B" playoffs..

.its a little different from this site..but it gives everyone a chance to play in the playoffs....with less chance of mismatches in the opening round of the playoffs....sound okay?

sounds great to me. one problem with this league is that too many teams make the playoffs, and regular season games don't count as much because you're not fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

that's true...but the regular season WILL mean something because you are fighting for a spot in the 'A" playoffs (which is tougher to do since only half the teams make it)....Like I say....this is just a fun league and has no bearing for this website (like year end awards they hand out at the end of playoffs..etc.) I just thought this would be a good way to have a league...have everyone play everyone the same amount of times (one home, one away)..and the best 8 players will play in the 'A" playoffs...and the rest will play in the 'B"...So the weaker players can play the top notch players during the regular season and try to improve their game and still enjoy a chance at a run in the playoffs.