NHL'94 Forums

SNES Winter League

halifax

OK now that this looks like it might get off the ground, I'll sign up.

Teams:

#1- Nordiques de Quebec

#2- Canadiens de Montreal

#3- Winnipeg Jets

thanks..ill add you!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you want my list of teams now? or wait until the selection order has been made?

feel free to put them down at any time.....ultimately im gonna have to ask coaches for a bigger list (preferably your top 15 choices...)....so it will make it easier when i get to assigning teams to the bottom 4 or 5 coaches in the draft as there is a high probability their first few choices will already be taken from other coaches earlier in the draft.

B)-->

QUOTE(Pittsburgh Penguins SNES B @ Nov 10 2006, 09:47 AM)

I'm In!

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Montreal

Buffalo

Vancouver

Winnipeg

Thanks I'll add you.....THE LEAGUE IS NOW FULL! thanks guys....and I'll get things straightened over the next few weeks or so...enjoy the rest of the playoffs!

thanks again to all coaches who have signed up.....please take the time to edit one of your posts and provide me with a bigger list of teams you want(preferably your top 15)....and those that haven't posted a 'team preference list' can do so at any time.

thanks again to all coaches who have signed up.....please take the time to edit one of your posts and provide me with a bigger list of teams you want(preferably your top 15)....and those that haven't posted a 'team preference list' can do so at any time.

Detroit

Calgary

Montreal

Boston

Buffalo

St Louis

NYR

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Dallas

Vancouver

Philadelphia

Winnipeg

Los Angeles

Edmonton

Detroit

Calgary

Montreal

Boston

Buffalo

St Louis

NYR

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Dallas

Vancouver

Philadelphia

Winnipeg

Los Angeles

Edmonton

thanks

I think we need to pick teams different.

Personally I love competition & would rather see the weak players

draw teams 1st.

No Rudy with Det, Caper with Pitts, etc....

I'm not complaining I just want to give the weaker players a chance

I'll even take the last pick

This would mean I'd get the first pick, having not played in any of the leagues - everyone else here has. Anyone who has played me knows I am significantly weaker.

draw teams 1st.

Yup I agree man... we could use the power rankings that were posted to determine the draft order. Or if he does up new power rankings after the playoffs we could use those.

rudy

Guest BSDaemon

I 95% agree. I think it should be BASED ON our power rankings, however i think it would be cool if it was a weighted lottery based on those rankings. So while its very very unlikely for the strong players to get strong teams, its POSSIBLE. I like the idea of a little bit of chance mixed in ;)

But... it's his league and he can do it however he wishes. :)

draw teams 1st.

I'm certainly fine with this idea...I'll base in on power rankings for the draft...the only thing is...i havent played in the league..so i will have no power ranking points....im not sure if i should be first in the draft....but either way....sounds good

Guest BSDaemon
I'm certainly fine with this idea...I'll base in on power rankings for the draft...the only thing is...i havent played in the league..so i will have no power ranking points....im not sure if i should be first in the draft....but either way....sounds good

Check my suggestion :)

I 95% agree. I think it should be BASED ON our power rankings, however i think it would be cool if it was a weighted lottery based on those rankings. So while its very very unlikely for the strong players to get strong teams, its POSSIBLE. I like the idea of a little bit of chance mixed in ;)

But... it's his league and he can do it however he wishes. :)

(sorry BSdaemon...I missed this post..my bad)...I'll see if i can devise a weighted lottery system that will best represent the power rankings....thanks for the idea!

This is what I had in mind guys!!!!!

All the new players & the ones that missed the playoffs do a random draw for picks 1-10

All the remaining players draw 11-20 or something like that.

I know the #'s don't exactly work.

I'd like to see less teams make the playoffs every year

Say 20 teams in the league,

I'd like to see maybe 12 make the playoffs

then for the next season all the newbies & the ones that missed the playoffs draft

1-8 & the rest draft 9 - 20 or something like that

As I said before I think all the league mainstays like Rudy, Caper, etc etc

vote on how the teams are picked, how many make the playoffs & other league changes

I realize that my idea's aren't necessarly the best one's ( even though I'd like to think so!!)

This is what I had in mind guys!!!!!

All the new players & the ones that missed the playoffs do a random draw for picks 1-10

All the remaining players draw 11-20 or something like that.

I know the #'s don't exactly work.

I'd like to see less teams make the playoffs every year

Say 20 teams in the league,

I'd like to see maybe 12 make the playoffs

then for the next season all the newbies & the ones that missed the playoffs draft

1-8 & the rest draft 9 - 20 or something like that

As I said before I think all the league mainstays like Rudy, Caper, etc etc

vote on how the teams are picked, how many make the playoffs & other league changes

I realize that my idea's aren't necessarly the best one's ( even though I'd like to think so!!)

Pokrchamp, thanks for your suggestions! I think im gonna stick to 16 teams and having an 'A" and 'B' playoffs. I just wanna keep a core group of guys that I'm confident will play the full season. Having said that, I think I'm gonna combine some suggestions from yourself and BsDaemon for the draft. I'll use the power rankings to determine where coaches rank for the draft. But for the first 8 teams...it will be a weighted lottery...the remaining teams will just be seeded accordingly to their power rankings (highest power ranking team will have last selection). I think this is the fairest way.

I think I read in another topic that the admins will compose a poll/topic(probably after current playoffs) to discuss the leagues and get feedback to what can be improved for the spring season. This will be a great time give your suggestions etc.

I've reworked my team preference. Since I was out early, I've been playing exhibition games with different teams. I've found one I like.

1. New York......Islanders (I liked the way they handled. I wish they had more to work with when there are penalties or injuries, but what can you do)

2. Pittsburgh

3. Montreal

4. Detroit

5. NYR

6. Edmonton

7. Chicago

8. Toronto

I hope I don't need more. Hopefully my record allows me a first pick, plus I don't see anyone going after the Islanders anytime soon.