NHL'94 Forums

SNES Winter League

halifax

I've reworked my team preference. Since I was out early, I've been playing exhibition games with different teams. I've found one I like.

1. New York......Islanders (I liked the way they handled. I wish they had more to work with when there are penalties or injuries, but what can you do)

2. Pittsburgh

3. Montreal

4. Detroit

5. NYR

6. Edmonton

7. Chicago

8. Toronto

I hope I don't need more. Hopefully my record allows me a first pick, plus I don't see anyone going after the Islanders anytime soon.

thanks! the isles have a great line..with turgeon, thomas and hogue(or 'Benoit Ug' as my buddies and i referred to him).

speaking of...i list my top 8

1. Van City

2. Hockeytown

3. Chi-town

4. Les Nordiques de la belle province

5. beantown

6. the pens

7. Long Island

8. Calgary Flaming Moes

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few things

Is there going to be an SNES A & B winter league

I think everyone in A that was committed last year should

be first on the list for the next season.

So EnergyMike should definately hold a spot

2nd, In terms of picking teams can you just post the

draft order when its made & we can pick teams in a thread 1-16

I know I hold a low pick & really don't want to bother picking all

the teams when so many will be gone.

a few things

Is there going to be an SNES A & B winter league

I think everyone in A that was committed last year should

be first on the list for the next season.

So EnergyMike should definately hold a spot

2nd, In terms of picking teams can you just post the

draft order when its made & we can pick teams in a thread 1-16

I know I hold a low pick & really don't want to bother picking all

the teams when so many will be gone.

I'm only organizing the one league...it has guys from both 'A' and 'B' as well as a couple rookies (me being one of them). If someone wants to organize a second league then that's fine too(id even sign up). As for Mike, I have no problem with allowing mike to play in the league as from what ive gathered he seems very committed (assuming no one else has an objection). My concern is if I let mike in...what happens to the next person who comes along...how do I handle it? do i let them in? and where does it end? Thoughts?

it ends with Deer, Caper, etc.........

I'm just saying let in all the players who were committed in the

previous season.

Its really not alot in SNES A

I definately think you should cap the teams at 16, with only 8

making the playoffs

But I'm sure people will drop out so the bubble guys will get in.

Especially if your combining players from A & B, some guys will

get smoked and quit probably

it ends with Deer, Caper, etc.........

I'm just saying let in all the players who were committed in the

previous season.

Its really not alot in SNES A

I definately think you should cap the teams at 16, with only 8

making the playoffs

But I'm sure people will drop out so the bubble guys will get in.

Especially if your combining players from A & B, some guys will

get smoked and quit probably

You're absolutely right when you say that guys will get smoked. It's bound to happen. which is why I'm still going to have a 'B' play offs(bottom 8 teams) because I think it is more likely guys will quit if they are already eliminated from playoff contention. This is a fun league and I think everyone should have a chance to try a playoff run either in the 'A' or 'B' playoffs...I'll leave the play offs races for Evan's spring league. Keep in mind this league has nothing to do with this website, this is something I organized myself.

how will we log games / keep track of standings? do you have anything in mind for that? it would be sick to get an automatic stat tracker like the gens league will have... maybe that's a bit too wishful at the moment.

Hey Auggie,

I'm not interested in looking after a stat tracker but I certainly have no objection to a stat tracker if someone else wanted to look after it.

I don't have any experience in web design so I'm just building a basic one on a free site which will be simple with standings and schedule. guys can confirm scores via email or by posting on the forum which ill provide on that site (I don't wanna have the admins annoyed with clogging up this site with scores). It is primative solution but I'm open to suggestions for sure.

Cheers!

ok well dont put the site in geocites...they suck.......not myspace.That was a awful idea in my part....angelfire maybe best....If you need any help let me know.

I have one set up on freewebs.com...I've only spent a short amount of time on it so far...here it is.

www.freewebs.com/nhl94winterleague

not bad...... but change the pic in the front. Is that a midget in skates>?

It was a default template. I don't think it can be changed but I'll look again.

How are you going to do the draft? Can you explain how...I like to know how to make a new rom...ty man

the draft order will be based on the power rankings i've come up with(see power rankings topic for info on that). The coach rated highest in 'power rankings' picks last in the draft, 2nd highest in power rankings picks second last and so on.....until we get to the bottom 8 teams from the power rankings...those teams will be thrown into a 'weight lottery' for first overall pick and the next 7 picks....the lowest coach will have the highest percentage of first pick (I have yet to determine percentages...this will be done near the conclusion of the playoffs).

Just to note: I will pick last in the draft regardless...but this is how i would do it..if i wasn't playing the league.

hope this helps.

cheers.

Guest BSDaemon
umm come on..do you need glasses.. Its a midget on skates... I am guessing your 5'2 in height....Dam midget canadians :D

looks perfectly normal to anybody whos ever actually SEEN a hockey player before... :blink: