NHL'94 Forums

A special thanks to everyone

angryjay93

First off I would just like to say i had a blast playing in this league. Even though Toronto wasnt a team that fit my strengths, i still had a blast competing with all the guys in the league this season. I wouldn't have been as successful as i was if it werent for some people helping me along the way.

First and foremost id like to thank Evan. He allowed me to move into the A league despite my limited experience and ability. He had the confidence in me that i would get all my games in and hopefully be competitive. I will totally understand if i get sent down to B next season so i can pay my dues like everyone else trying to move up. I just want to thank you for giving me the chance though, i had a blast.

Next id like to thank the guys who helped me get into this league. MattHurray played a large role in gettting me into this league, he vouched for me saying i could compete and he helped me so much with my defense and learning how to play a better game.

Id also like to thank addisonbr. He played the very first game with me and handed my ass to me, but he did give me the desire to continue working on my game so i could hopefully compete one day. Also he supported my bid to get into the league and he continues to play games with me on a regular basis where we can work on our skills. Without him i wouldnt be the player i am right now.

Id like to thank James/vocally caged, playing him gave me confidence i could hang with the big boys and not get slapped around. He is a great player who really made me elevate my play to another level that i wasnt aware that i possessed. There is a massive amount of mutual respect between us and id like to think we will have some epic battles in the future.

Also backhander needs to get his due. He took detroit and whooped me time and time again at my request. He challenged me on a level that im not ready for yet, but hopefully with some more improvement i can play on his level consistently.

Setar needs major props. He took the time to record,commentate, and process the videos of games 1-4 of my playoff series. He does an amazing job when he can be heard and i appreciate everything he has done.

Lastly, i want to thank hokkefan for one hell of a series. Im dissapointed with the end result, but as ive sad a few times already, ive never seen so much suspense or had so much fun playing a video game. i now consider you a major rival and i will make sure i always bring a little extra when playing with you, but its all good natured of course.

As for anyone i have forgotten, here is my thanks for you in making me a better player and providing an enjoyable experience.

No matter what league im in next season,i look forward to more fun.

Angry Jay

First off I would just like to say i had a blast playing in this league. Even though Toronto wasnt a team that fit my strengths, i still had a blast competing with all the guys in the league this season. I wouldn't have been as successful as i was if it werent for some people helping me along the way.

First and foremost id like to thank Evan. He allowed me to move into the A league despite my limited experience and ability. He had the confidence in me that i would get all my games in and hopefully be competitive. I will totally understand if i get sent down to B next season so i can pay my dues like everyone else trying to move up. I just want to thank you for giving me the chance though, i had a blast.

Next id like to thank the guys who helped me get into this league. MattHurray played a large role in gettting me into this league, he vouched for me saying i could compete and he helped me so much with my defense and learning how to play a better game.

Id also like to thank addisonbr. He played the very first game with me and handed my ass to me, but he did give me the desire to continue working on my game so i could hopefully compete one day. Also he supported my bid to get into the league and he continues to play games with me on a regular basis where we can work on our skills. Without him i wouldnt be the player i am right now.

Id like to thank James/vocally caged, playing him gave me confidence i could hang with the big boys and not get slapped around. He is a great player who really made me elevate my play to another level that i wasnt aware that i possessed. There is a massive amount of mutual respect between us and id like to think we will have some epic battles in the future.

Also backhander needs to get his due. He took detroit and whooped me time and time again at my request. He challenged me on a level that im not ready for yet, but hopefully with some more improvement i can play on his level consistently.

Setar needs major props. He took the time to record,commentate, and process the videos of games 1-4 of my playoff series. He does an amazing job when he can be heard and i appreciate everything he has done.

Lastly, i want to thank hokkefan for one hell of a series. Im dissapointed with the end result, but as ive sad a few times already, ive never seen so much suspense or had so much fun playing a video game. i now consider you a major rival and i will make sure i always bring a little extra when playing with you, but its all good natured of course.

As for anyone i have forgotten, here is my thanks for you in making me a better player and providing an enjoyable experience.

Angry Jay

I would like to thank myself. B)

Angry Jay

Nice write up Jay!

I don't know if I have a spot in A League next season or not, but if for some reason I do and AngryJay doesn't, I would feel obligated to turn the spot over to him. He is much more deserving than I am, as his winning record with a mediocre team proves.

Plus he owns me lately in heads up play. Here is a link to a very short highlight reel of our last match - complete with commentary, which seems to be all the rage these days. He's the blue team, I'm the red team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYo9OWN3fxc

I don't know if I have a spot in A League next season or not, but if for some reason I do and AngryJay doesn't, I would feel obligated to turn the spot over to him. He is much more deserving than I am, as his winning record with a mediocre team proves.

Plus he owns me lately in heads up play. Here is a link to a very short highlight reel of our last match - complete with commentary, which seems to be all the rage these days. He's the blue team, I'm the red team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYo9OWN3fxc

"Sorry, you must be 18 or over to watch this video."

angryjay,

Great post. I'm sorry posts like these have been getting overshadowed by the madness here. It was our pleasure to have you in the league and you proved to be worthy of any league here. This shows that we do have a core group of guys who are willing to help out new guys get started playing online.

Next season, the leagues will be setup more around who is going to play certain number of games. The league with the biggest schedule will most likely hold most of the best players anyway. This is just to give you a heads up on what's to come. Jacob and I will be running a couple of polls at some point soon to get everyone's feedback on next season's setup.

Anyway, thanks again for the post!

-Evan