NHL'94 Forums

3-a-side ROM

Tickenest

This ROM is a modified version of NHL '94 with only 3 players on each side of the ice (not counting keepers). To make it work, you have to set penalties and line changes to ON, and I think you have to set 5-minute periods. Teams shouldn't matter.

It's good for practicing faceoffs and one-timers, and also for 4-player online play. Enjoy.

2v2.zip

• Thanks 1

Hey Tick,

How was someone able to figure this out? Was is luck or did someone actually find a way to change the number of skaters on the ice?

I would love to implement a 4 on 4 OT if this is possible.

-Evan

Hey Tick,

How was someone able to figure this out? Was is luck or did someone actually find a way to change the number of skaters on the ice?

I would love to implement a 4 on 4 OT if this is possible.

-Evan

It was one of the Fins. I wanna say...swos?

Yeah I think swos made that rom some years ago now. Now if only I could find the permanent "Hyper" speed hack and we'll basically have "NHL Jam". :rolleyes:

It's done by editing the lines so the appropriate position is set to Hex 0 (or a hex value greater than the amount of players on the team). From memory it doesn't work for goalies... or atleast until after the first stoppage of play.... not that you'ld logically do that anyway.

You can effectively apply this hack in NOSE as !!!! Hex 0 has been deliberately included at the top of each edit line position (player) list. I was going to make it read "None" for Hex 0 as a hint to this, but I don't think 95 onwards supports this nice little trick so I didn't end up going that way.

For Evan, I have seen game genie codes that also enforce 4 on 4 (virtual penalty), but making that works for only OT could be tricky.