NHL'94 Forums

Sweeping your life away

halifax

sweeps or games sevens...  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you enjoy more?

• Winning in 4 straight
    • Winning Game 7 in OT

A lot of first round sweeps so far. Of the first 13 series completed(all leagues)...there were 8 sweeps.

Think the first round will finish with atleast 50% of the teams swept?

Game 7 in OT is more exciting than a sweep. Sweeps are nice in that you have some time to scout other teams before the next round, but the series (or better yet the Stanley Cup) coming right down to sudden death is amazingly exciting. I've never seen an overtime game 7 in real life, but I bet it's really tense, both teams trying as hard as possible to slip up.

Game 7 OT is also the sign of a good series, both teams fighting hard to win. The best series would probably be all 1-0 games decided in multiple overtimes, with game seven going to three, for or maybe even five. It might feel more fulfilling as well, because you know you earned the series instead of just rolling over an easy opponent or winning in forfeit.

Game 7 in OT is more exciting than a sweep. Sweeps are nice in that you have some time to scout other teams before the next round, but the series (or better yet the Stanley Cup) coming right down to sudden death is amazingly exciting. I've never seen an overtime game 7 in real life, but I bet it's really tense, both teams trying as hard as possible to slip up.

Game 7 OT is also the sign of a good series, both teams fighting hard to win. The best series would probably be all 1-0 games decided in multiple overtimes, with game seven going to three, for or maybe even five. It might feel more fulfilling as well, because you know you earned the series instead of just rolling over an easy opponent or winning in forfeit.

yes i have to say gm 7 in ot was very intense my heart was racing and hands were shaking it was great!!!!!