NHL'94 Forums

Playoff game logging

Guest BSDaemon

Playoff Logging  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should be changed re: playoff logging?

• Allow all games to be logged at once
    • Nothing, leave it as is.
  2. 2. Next season: Who should log the games?

• The winning team should
    • The home team should

Guest BSDaemon

I've heard more then one complaint from people now about the playoff game logging procedure. Having to confirm every game individually is really a huge pain in the ass. Why can't it be like the regular season where every game has an active link, so that you can log all of your home games at one time? It can be hard enough getting people to log their games, let alone having to confirm every game you input...

As for next season, I suggest that the winning team logs the game, not the home team. The reason being that I can't imagine there has ever been a time where a winning team has been unwilling to post their score. To go along with this, it would be cool if once the winning team posted their score, an email be sent to the losing team that says "click here to confirm this score. if you do not confirm or reject this score within 7 days, it will be automatically confirmed", or similar. The same could be done when the losing team fixes an incorrect score and the winning team then needs to confirm.

If you guys need any help with database work and coding for this kinda thing, I'm always up for helping.

Thanks!

makes sense....although someone voted against...I wonder what their arguement is?

Especially with regards to the second issue, we know ahead of time who the home team is but don't know who the winning team is. I'm in favor of anything that reduces database complexity and maintenance (and therefore Jacob's workload).

Is it really that much of a pain to log all the games individually? Takes like 5-10 seconds a game, and requires that games be logged in the proper order. I don't understand the problem. Even if you change it to winner logs, then you still have to do multiple entries if the series isn't a sweep.

I guess it's not a problem if it's easy for the admins to do, I just don't see the big deal.

Guest BSDaemon
Is it really that much of a pain to log all the games individually? Takes like 5-10 seconds a game, and requires that games be logged in the proper order. I don't understand the problem. Even if you change it to winner logs, then you still have to do multiple entries if the series isn't a sweep.

I guess it's not a problem if it's easy for the admins to do, I just don't see the big deal.

Yes it is that much of a pain. You have to log a game, and then wait for your opponent to confirm before you can log the 2nd game. why not make it so you can log all the games at once? Luckily I was only in a 4 game series, I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be for a 7 game series!

And you're confused. The winner logs thing is for regular season next year, so that theres never a problem with the loser of a game not logging the loss.

Yes it is that much of a pain. You have to log a game, and then wait for your opponent to confirm before you can log the 2nd game. why not make it so you can log all the games at once? Luckily I was only in a 4 game series, I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be for a 7 game series!

And you're confused. The winner logs thing is for regular season next year, so that theres never a problem with the loser of a game not logging the loss.

You know I agree with your idea but this isn't the way to see it get done. You've already posted your issues with the playoff logging system and I'm sure the appropriate powers that be have read them and have worked them into their gameplan. Nagging and actually posting a poll over something that basically everyone agrees on isn't going to inspire them to do it faster.

rudy

Well I guess we just feel differently about it. This is the second season+playoffs I've played with the system and have never found it to be a pain at all. Again, I'm not gonna stand in the way if the powers that be want to make that change, I just never saw it as a significant issue.

Guest BSDaemon
You know I agree with your idea but this isn't the way to see it get done. You've already posted your issues with the playoff logging system and I'm sure the appropriate powers that be have read them and have worked them into their gameplan. Nagging and actually posting a poll over something that basically everyone agrees on isn't going to inspire them to do it faster.

rudy

Thank you for your concern.