NHL'94 Forums

SNES-A - As advertised, Chicago - St Louis goes 7

snesboy

Game 7, Chicago down by two goals with just under a minute remaining manage to miraculously tie the game, looking for some game 7 OT action, only to see St Louis come back down the ice after a big save by CuJo to score on a nice one timer with only 6 seconds left in the third!!! Heartbreaking!

JotaC is the Claude Lemiuex of this league. Clutch playoff performer even after a so-so regular season. I learned first hand why this guy won the Cup last year. Amazing series Jota!

I wish we had recorded the games. The highlight package would have been like 15 minutes long of intense crazy action. In fact, we wouldn't even need to edit the games down for them to qualify as a highlight package.

I had the best moment of my NHL online career in game 5 which I must share: Down 4-1 going into the third at home in a game I really needed to win, we battle back to down only 4-3 with just over a minute left when both my top D, Chelios and Smith, take penalties (idiots!!). So all I have out there for the last minute is Roenick and two bum defencemen. With no one to pass to (at least no one who could receive a pass cleanly), and all 5 St Louis players gunning for him, Roenick does not one but two crazy end to end style rushes to score two goals within the final minute to win the game 5-4. They really needed to be seen to be fully appreciated, I wish it was recorded so I could show my kids someday ;-). Unfortunately for me, that used up all my "clutchness" for the series. Jota came out firing the next game (got up 7-1 quickly as I let my guard down briefly and he pounced all over me) and was clutch and a half the the whole series and definitely deserved to win.

Great series and good luck the rest of the way!!

everyone should take notes!!

This is how u lose a series. No whining or complaining!

I picked St in 7 but I figured it was probably a coin toss.

Tough one Mike I really wanted to play you in playoffs. You got a really bad draw.

Although I guess in doesn't matter as eventually you will have to go through the best.

I hope your in the winter league Mike, we need players like you in SNES A!!

As for Jota, great win!

everyone should take notes!!

This is how u lose a series. No whining or complaining!

I'll echo this reply!

It's too bad two of the best players had to meet in the first round.

I knew that series was going to be awesome, sounds like it totally delivered, congrats guys!

Awesome series recap Mike, and sorry to see you out. Jota truly is the Claude Lemieux of this league, he knows how to pull a series out when he's hanging by a thread in a Game 7 or trailing a series 3-1 or 3-2. Will anyone knock him off in a playoff series?

Jota truly is the Claude Lemieux of this league, he knows how to pull a series out when he's hanging by a thread in a Game 7 or trailing a series 3-1 or 3-2. Will anyone knock him off in a playoff series?

Ya, as you can see by the game by game scores, I would win one, and then in the next game I would be thinking "okay, that was good,I can put him away if I win this next one, gotta come out firing" but he would fight back harder and win every time. It was like he was toying with me the whole series, everytime I had him on the ropes he came back throwing punches hard. The only game I maybe let up a little on was game 6 because I thought the momentum from how game 5 ended would carry me... man was I wrong! He fought back harder than ever in that one.

But it's a dangerous game continually putting yourself in must win game after must win game and will probably catch up at some point. But he pulled it off beautifully against me.

I'm rooting for Deer in his series since he deserves it. And Rudy and Pokerchamp will be tough competition in the west (I'm rooting for Jota since he beat me). But wouldn't it be funny, and sort of representative of how the season went, if it's a Jota vs Shaka final?

Oh no, don't tell me that the turning point of your series was that you let yourself get too relaxed in Game 6, figuring that you could breathe a little easier and that the momentum from the tenacious Game 5 win would carry you.

The reason I don't want to hear that is because that's pretty much what happened to me in Game 6 of my series. I dug down as deep as I could to find the intensity that it took to win Games 4 and 5 (esp 4, man that was a nailbiter, I watched a 6-2 lead evaporate into a 6-6 tied game and had to keep my composure enough to find a way to score the next goal, and did to win 7-6 and prevent myself from falling behind 3-1 in the series in the most disastrous way), and after those two, I told myself to just relax a little and kind of let the momentum carry me. Well I relaxed too much, and as you can see, shaka smoked my ass in Game 6- 12 goals against tells you that I let my guard down just a little too much. I'm not saying that I took Game 6 lightly, I just thought I'd take a different approach, because I wasn't sure I could take a third game in a row of that kind of intensity. The different approach obviously didn't work though; I'm just hoping that it doesn't end up being the turning point of both of our series.

It's entirely possible, but I won't be thinking about it going into Game 7.

Beautiful Hockey!!! NHL 94

When u start the playoff, there is one goal scores m"/$%?&* goals, yea I know that I had a bad season I maybe that Chicago play better during the season. The samething for Deer, Montreal didn't play good during the season and in first Round He has Deer. There is maybe a lesson to learn about that. This year we really have elites players on Snes A, everybody could take a serie. I dont know if I gonna win the cup again this year, but when I start a series I dont look who I face, I only play this wonderful game that give me Too much feelings. I use the season to try some new players combination and to know the style of diff players.

Nice series against Snesboy, even if u lose u deserve the First Star.

Note: Why that TheDeer had a NHL94master and dont me??? ;):P

Yeah I did, but people read way too much into that sweep.

It was a one in a million thing, shaka and I are about 50/50, if anything about 55/45 him, in terms of skill.

That sweep was a one in a million thing; the seven-gamer this year was a much more realistic indication of how he and I stack up. Even in that sweep, you might notice that every game was extremely close; all one and two goal games, including one in OT. They were four games that really seriously could have gone either way, and each just happened to go my way, just like Game 7 went his way tonight.

The sweep only happened for two reasons: (1) I got almost all the "bounces" in that series, I got way more than my share of the lucky breaks that there were to be had in that series (2) I took my game to a new level that I had never taken it to before and might never take it to again...... I was playing out of my head.......... and even still, every game was a one or two goal game.

That Spring 2006 sweep was every bit as close in terms of the actual game play as the Fall 2006 Seven-Game-OTer.......... it's just that last year I got all the bounces, while this year they were distributed pretty much evenly.