NHL'94 Forums

Playing CPU & Matching Lines

majasskkicker

I've noticed a big difference in gameplay with the Gens ROMs versus playing on the console years ago. Though it was never a guarantee, there were many times the computer would match your line choice (you pick SC1, it does the same for the opponent; you pick CHK and it does the same to match) Playing on the Gens Emulator, I see this as occurrence as far and few between. This used to be something I'd do on the console out of habit at the start of the second period, so when the inevitable fight happens, I could have a Probert scrap with Domi instead of Wendel Clark vs. Chelios. Now what I find with the ROMs (96,97,98 to be exact) is the CPU team's SC1 plays 45 mins of the game and only occasionally tires. Then SC2 comes in for a minute or less, and SC1 is fully recharged and we never see CPU's CHK line at all. I'm trying to do video captures of the game and want to make it realistic as possible, except of course, the 100 shots against per 60 mins. Anyone know how to fix that, I'd be glad to know. I'd most like to see rolling lines, so if anyone knows how to fix it, a cheat code, or a process to go through, please let me know. FYI, I have flirted with using NOSE to adjust Endurance ratings on the opponent's roster to "0" for the top lines, yet they still play 4 minute or more shifts . I had thought there was something you can do with the controller setup on the pregame menu to fix this, but I've hit a wall on this. Any help would be appreciated.

For '96, '97 and '98, the game should pretty much play identical on the emulator and console as the ROMs are unchanged.  Not sure what would possibly be causing the CPU to act differently unless something has changed in the code.  

9 hours ago, majasskkicker said:

except of course, the 100 shots against per 60 mins. Anyone know how to fix that, I'd be glad to know.

Heh. Same here. As someone who ran a GM-mode pool a while back, [draft teams and play a season on demo mode] the 50-80 shots, 200-250 pass attempts and 60-100 face offs made for some bizarro stat collecting.

Plus it was a bit predictable in the end. The last finals was a modest team, with Patrick Roy in net, winning 4-2 over a slightly less modest team with Dominick Hasek in net. The President's Trophy winner was swept in the second round due to only having Mike Richter between the pipes.

Funny, I'm doing a series against the Rangers and my guys are tiring out quick, while NYR's SC1 has ice time that would make the Energizer Bunny dry heave. Gretzky pulling a Scott Stevens hit repeatedly, while Ulf Samuelsson looks like he's up for the Lady Byng. Richter's a brick wall, and yet I can light up Roy or Hasek on this game with ease.