NHL'94 Forums

Site Traffic

Tickenest

Hey, Evan, any unusual surge in traffic on Friday afternoon? Deadspin had a post about NHL '94 and I'm just wondering if maybe some people found their way here, even though the post was actually about a blog entry examining the 88-page (!) manual.

Hey Tick,

Just looking at the webstats, Friday did have a little more than usual hits. I just enabled the web stats recently, and looks like we average about 500 visits, and about 50,000 hits a day. Hits isn't really an accurate reading but the 500 unique visitors a day is.

Friday had 676 unique visitors.

-Evan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys,

Just like to share the site traffic info from time to time. The forum alone is averaging a few thousand unique visitors a day. The nhl94.com website is averaging a few hundred a day. Here's the forum stats from May so far:

Stats2008-05-21.jpg

Enjoy!

-Evan

Hey guys,

Just like to share the site traffic info from time to time. The forum alone is averaging a few thousand unique visitors a day. The nhl94.com website is averaging a few hundred a day. Here's the forum stats from May so far:

Stats2008-05-21.jpg

Enjoy!

-Evan

some serious popularity, with all those hits or views or whatevver.....you think we'd be able to fill a 28 team league >.<

how is a "unique" visitor defined? I suspect that if i close my browser and then return to the site, it counts as two views..

how is a "unique" visitor defined? I suspect that if i close my browser and then return to the site, it counts as two views..

If thats the case we can all rest assured that 85-90% of the total views per day are from Hokkee each time he smashes his PC and loses connection.

Below is the hosting company's explanation on what unique visitors means:

"This analysis summarizes multiple page views of an individual visitor into unique visits. A visitor is counted only when bringing up at least one page and taking no longer than 30 minutes between individual pages."

So yea, it seems if you close your browser and go there an hour later you're considered unique again. And Tick, I have no idea what the spike was on those 2 days.. maybe something with one of the leagues?

-Evan