NHL'94 Forums

2on2 Musical Chairs

clockwise

There have been a lot of replacements during season 2 as the league searches for stability, and we have another replacent to announce: Hartford, (GoBlue2400 and Ranatoro) will be replacing, Vancouver (Hokkeefan and kgman).

Vancouver was a dynamic team, and a great tandem that could have done serious damage in the 2on2 league. They just couldn't find time to play. Hartford is a solid addition that's commited to completing the season. Pittsburgh finished their regular season matchup last night with the Whalers and all went well.

We also have the formal resignation of cr0ssbar. Fortunatelly we have a great player in IAmFleury'sHipCheck who should make an immediate impact in LA with HABS.

This is the zenith in terms of shakedowns, if anyone else has to drop the result will be FF's. I fell very confident with the current teams and think we can finish the regular season in a timely fashion.

Pittsburgh clockwise / aim: jesusplaysnhl94 - Cam Kneely / aim: vocally caged

10-0

Los Angeles HABS / aim: canadiansfan66 - IAmFleury'sHipCheck / aim: Ericanthony76

8-2

Chicago addisonbr / aim: addisonbr - Newjerseykillers / monkeyjuice1702

4-4-2

Edmonton DaDonch44 / aim: DaDonch44 - Tesslog / aim: Tesslog

4-6

San Jose skoolyardpuck / aim: skoolyardpuck - thegr8199kings / aim: thegr8199kings

3-5-2

Hartford Goblue / aim: GoBLue2400 - Ranatoro / aim: Ranatoro

0-10

I'm going to ask Evan if he can add a "Schedule A Game" section to assist everyone in seting up matchups.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the status of the league: This is hardly an s.o.s. but the league has been stagnant of late. This is primarily due to teams not being able to link up.

There is only 7 games to go and anything can happen with the possibility that any of the 4 respective clubs could potentially make the prelims.

I would like to remind everone about the 2on2 highlight digest video that is going to be made at the end of the season. So..If you score some nice goals or make a crushing check into the boards etc..anything worthy for the video. please make a save state of it by pressing F5 and send it to me when you get time. To make sure you don't overwrite the state press F6 to advance through the 10 available states. Play around with it a bit if you need to.

Hopefully we can get going full steam ahead and commence the playoffs before the holiday.

should have the comp fixed by the end of the weekend. i know its been hard to schedule games with me for some people....super sorry.

I resign. I can't commit to schedule matches that are past my bedtime. I suppose it is also hard to get into a league where the frequency of 4 guys being online at once to play is very low.

I'm always up for 2on2 exhibition though.

I resign. I can't commit to schedule matches that are past my bedtime. I suppose it is also hard to get into a league where the frequency of 4 guys being online at once to play is very low.

Are you serious??? I hope you were kidding about bedtime.

Why would get in a 2on2 league to begin with? Did this come as a surprise that you needed 4 people to play 2on2? Why don't you ask for emails of these players and see if you can coordinate your games. It's really weak that you made a commitment to a league and now you're resigning before it's over. Grow up.

Did this come as a surprise that you needed 4 people to play 2on2?

For me, it wasn't a surprise that we need 4 people to play 2on2, but the sheer impracticality of getting four specific guys together for a game at any one point has been very surprising and pretty frustrating. I had no idea how hard it would be to get league games done.

Are you serious??? I hope you were kidding about bedtime.

Why would get in a 2on2 league to begin with? Did this come as a surprise that you needed 4 people to play 2on2? Why don't you ask for emails of these players and see if you can coordinate your games. It's really weak that you made a commitment to a league and now you're resigning before it's over. Grow up.

Your maturity is rather weak if you ask me. I apologize on behalf of those people in any NHL league that have jobs and need sleep in order to fulfill those responsibilities. We all cannot stay up until 2 am in order to play online videogames. I apologize for the fact that I am online everyday for a solid handful of hours, while several people in the 2on2 league are online once a week for an hour, if that.

I have been able to play 7 games with my partner within a time period of more than a month. If other people aren't online to play games, you expect them to get out their planners and schedule gametimes?? Several people have already resigned from the league for reasons similar to mine, and this league barely sustains 1 game a today for every team in it.

If you don't think my reasons for leaving are valid, then perhaps you and I can talk about it. Otherwise, I really expect an apology from you EricAnthony, asking me to "grow up" is out of line.

Your maturity is rather weak if you ask me. I apologize on behalf of those people in any NHL league that have jobs and need sleep in order to fulfill those responsibilities. We all cannot stay up until 2 am in order to play online videogames. I apologize for the fact that I am online everyday for a solid handful of hours, while several people in the 2on2 league are online once a week for an hour, if that.

I have been able to play 7 games with my partner within a time period of more than a month. If other people aren't online to play games, you expect them to get out their planners and schedule gametimes?? Several people have already resigned from the league for reasons similar to mine, and this league barely sustains 1 game a today for every team in it.

If you don't think my reasons for leaving are valid, then perhaps you and I can talk about it. Otherwise, I really expect an apology from you EricAnthony, asking me to "grow up" is out of line.

I don't think that the reasons you've listed are valid at all. With a little extra effort, it shouldn't be an issue to schedule games. You can get ahold of players emails and send a schedule of the times that would work for you to play. Put the ball in their court. With just being slightly more proactive, you could make it work. But instead, you decide to quit and not put forth any effort. It's your responsibility to finish something that you signed up for. So no Mr. Hurray, you won't be getting an apology from me. Why should I apologize b/c you can't fulfill a commitment to a group of people? In fact, the only apology that needs to be made is you apologizing to the league for quitting.

I don't think that the reasons you've listed are valid at all. With a little extra effort, it shouldn't be an issue to schedule games. You can get ahold of players emails and send a schedule of the times that would work for you to play. Put the ball in their court. With just being slightly more proactive, you could make it work. But instead, you decide to quit and not put forth any effort. It's your responsibility to finish something that you signed up for. So no Mr. Hurray, you won't be getting an apology from me. Why should I apologize b/c you can't fulfill a commitment to a group of people? In fact, the only apology that needs to be made is you apologizing to the league for quitting.

I'm glad you decide to make light of my commiitment. Being part of all 3 nhl94online.com leagues, I have routinely been first to finish my scheduled games. In the current GENS draft league, I already played 11 games, only 2 coaches of which have played more. If you would like to question my effort, please have some validity behind it.

I am looking for an apology for the lack of responsibility in your post. You just blatently accused one of the most reliable NHL94 online community members as someone who puts forth no effort. A dozen people can couch for my effort in this community, if you wish. You are someone who has just joined this community, so you risk losing respect in posting the way you did. I wouldn't take myself so seriously, but I take offense at someone like yourself asking me to "grow up".

Unless you have something constructive to say, that is all I have to say.

Thank's for playing Matt.

It's definitely a negative to lose a veteran from the league. Under the circumstances we'll see if xdeathsbloodx would consider joining forces with another teammate instead of abandoning the season. I'll have to consult commissioner HABS regarding this issue.

I'm glad you decide to make light of my commiitment. Being part of all 3 nhl94online.com leagues, I have routinely been first to finish my scheduled games. In the current GENS draft league, I already played 11 games, only 2 coaches of which have played more. If you would like to question my effort, please have some validity behind it.

I am looking for an apology for the lack of responsibility in your post. You just blatently accused one of the most reliable NHL94 online community members as someone who puts forth no effort. A dozen people can couch for my effort in this community, if you wish. You are someone who has just joined this community, so you risk losing respect in posting the way you did. I wouldn't take myself so seriously, but I take offense at someone like yourself asking me to "grow up".

Unless you have something constructive to say, that is all I have to say.

You obviously can't be that reliable if you won't finish something you've started so please don't proclaim yourself as one of the most reliable in the community.

And true, I am someone who just joined this community and I'm not worried about losing any respect, especially by coming down on someone for quitting for no valid reason. I will earn my respect by playing my schedule and following through. You let down a group of guys when you quit a league. And the thing is, you haven't apologized once for resigning in the fashion that you did. And you tell me that I risk losing respect from the community?

I find Matt Hurray to be unquestionably one of the most reliable and respected members of the NHL '94 community. When I first got my team in A League, he graciously volunteered to play me some exhibition games with my new team so that I could get a feel for them without the pressure of putting my league record at risk. There is little doubt in my mind that among GENS A and B players he is in the 90th percentile in terms of being online and available for games. He wins with grace and loses with class.

The 2on2 league turned out to be a much different type of commitment than many of us anticipated when we first signed up. It's not just being available - I'm online a LOT and there are some teams I've had a devil of a time connecting with, because their hours seem to be totally imcompatible with mine. I think that in recognizing that, and realizing that several games were unlikely to ever get played in the status quo, Matt did the right thing in resigning and giving the league a chance to replace him with someone whose schedule fits better. Much better a resignation than a total disappearance and lack of communication.

Of all the things on these boards that should have ignited outrage from other NHL '94'ers in the last few weeks... Matt Hurray resigning from 2on2 doesn't crack my top 200 for posts that should have made people lash out.

Thanks for the post Addison, I appreciate the comments. It takes a lot to warm my surly Ebenezer Scrooge heart.

EricAnthony and I talked and we settled the issue. He is definately showing so far he is one of the top guys when it comes to commitment to any league he is in, and I hope more guys like him start joining the community. Our issue is dead, so there is no need to continue this discussion. :)

Well, thanks for playing. I agree it is better to have somebody step down then to just disappear.

The league activity is very low right now, but I do think we'll be able to finish the regular season soon.

Hartford also lost his partner so not sure whats going to happen, maybe ranataro and xblood join forces? Either way we'll find a way to finish this.

• 4 weeks later...

Tthe League is really on life support now. We came flying out the gates but we're now at a crawl.

There have been some tremendous 2on2 exhibition matches, but I don't think anyones played a lg gm in over a month..Even if you did, Malachku's site has been down so there's no way to retrieve stats or upload them.

Goblue and Ranatoro (Hartford) have also disbanded. Leaving the decimated league at 4 teams; Chicago Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and San Jose. Which was how many teams we used last season.. Hate to think that if we stayed with the battle tested 4 teams this season we would have already finished out (considering we have already reached the quota for a 4 team regular season).

I've thought about suspending the league indefinitely and putting it on ice untill league intrest peaks again, or new teams surface. We could also start the playoffs with the four remaining clubs and use their current records as seeding positions.

In other news:

A exhibition showdown between NewYork Rangers (KingsCupRun93 and GoKings) and the Penguins had an amazing play that will surely go down in the annals of 2on2 history as one of the more memorable moments.

Messier got cute with the puck in the Pens zone when he decided to go behind the net to set up a play. Stevens and Lemieux anticipated the play, cornered him on either side on the net, and... I'll let the pics say the rest.

post-194-1167847147_thumb.jpg

post-194-1167847136_thumb.jpg

lol whata crushing hit.

League is pretty close to death at this point.

We'll need to look how to get guys online at the same time to get games going.- maybe getting a partner your more familiar with.

Gota find some ways to fix this or theyll never be another league for the great 2on2.

Exhibition games are still pretty healthy, but the league format doesnt really work I guess.

LONG LIVE 2ON2

After talking to Clockwise the other night about the status of the league and getting in some 2on2 games, I along with Logan are going to throw our hats into the ring and finish up Edmonton....

there is only 3 games left (2 against disbanded Hartford, and 1 against San Jose)

but if things go our way, we are looking forward to competing in the playoffs, even if the competition is way better.

Our AIM names are :

DaDonch44 - DaDonch44

Logan - TessLog

we are usually online every night, and playing best of 7 series against each other, but it will be great to get more experince against other players

thanks to clockwise for inviting us to join in and its great to be part of the league!!!

Donch,

You will be awarded FF victories if I can't find interim coaches to fill Hartfords void within a week or so. But gokings and kingscuprun93 could fill in (well I might add).

The matchups between:

EDM and SJ

CHI and SJ

Must be completed by: Sunday, January 15th. I really didn't want to install or enforce a deadline. But we need to get a move on and commence the playoffs asap.

The matchups between:

EDM and SJ

CHI and SJ

Must be completed by: Sunday, January 15th. I really didn't want to install or enforce a deadline. But we need to get a move on and commence the playoffs asap.

Is the deadline Sunday, or the 15th (Monday)? I just finished a big week-long project and am available for the next 2-3 days to play that last game as Chicago. I just need for Chicago's monkeyjuice and (I think) skoolyardpuck and thegr8199 to be around and we'd have a quota.