NHL'94 Forums

SNES NHL Hockey(92)-NHL 2000 ROMs in NHL 94

kidswasted

I've always wished I could play the whole EA hockey series from 92-00 with the feel of NHL 94 so I made this project for everyone to enjoy. Sadly, season mode, trades, or create-a-player features that appeared in later games are not present. However, I've compiled the rosters from the various games and made a SNES ROM for each year.

ROM Notes:

• Extracted rosters from NHLPA 93 - NHL 98 from Genesis(manually transcribed NHL Hockey (92) rosters by matching the jersey numbers in the ROM with players for that season and team using Hockey-Reference.com) and NHL 99 and 2000 from PC.
  • Some games had a 0-15 attribute scale so I converted to 0-6 to match 94
  • Player Overall calculated using @kingraph’s player calculation
  • Team Bonuses(Home/Away/PP/PK) were set based on their season’s stats
  • Lines set based on top overall players for each team
  • Team Overall for all ROMs updated(except All-Star and Easter egg teams)
  • Trimmed every team in every ROM to 20-24 players(except ANH and FLA which are trimmed down to 18 players) by removing the worst overall players due to byte limitations
  • I did not update jerseys and team colors for any teams in each ROM, except franchise team changes, noted further below
  • Player portraits updated for each ROM(only if they had one in 94)
  • Adjusted menu matchup based on the previous year’s Stanley Cup Final teams

ROM-specific adjustments:

• NHL Hockey(92)/NHLPA 93:
    • Re-labeled All-Star teams to Campbell and Wales
    • Updated Dallas Stars to Minnesota North Stars including team name, menu banner, and jerseys
    • NHL Hockey(92):
      • ANH contains the rosters from the Disney Mighty Ducks movies
      • HOL(FLA) is Hollywood Hockey made up of players from Slap Shot, Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, and Goon
      • EXP(OTW) is the Expansion team from my All-Time Rosters ROM
      • SIX(TB) is the Original 6 team from my All-Time Rosters ROM
      • Swapped NHL ice logo for HOL/EXP/SIX. Unable to swap menu logos yet
    • NHLPA 93:
      • HOL(FLA) is Hollywood Hockey made up of players from Slap Shot, Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, and Goon
      • Swapped NHL ice logo for HOL. Unable to swap menu logos yet
  • NHL 96:
    • Compiled top players by overall for each conference for the two All-Star teams as there was no 94-95 All-Star game and no All-Star teams
    • Corrected stick-handedness for many players by referencing NHL 94/NHL 95
  • NHL 97/NHL 98:
    • Updated Quebec Nordiques to Colorado Avalanche and Winnipeg Jets to Phoenix Coyotes including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).
    • Additionally, for NHL 98 I updated Hartford Whalers to Carolina Hurricanes including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).
    • Playoff matchups updated where Colorado(Quebec) moved to the Western Conference
  • NHL 99

• Updated ASE to Nashville Predators including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).

• Playoff matchups updated where Toronto moved to the Eastern Conference and added Nashville to Western Conference

• "All Stars" contains a 50/50 combination of World and North American All-Stars

• NHL 2000

• Updated ASW to Atlanta Thrashers including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).

• No All-Star teams as all 28 teams are being used

• Team Ranking PDFs are included in this post-Sorted by Overall Team Rating and then by Starting Lineup Rating
  • Roster sheets are here if anyone wanted to use them for Gens or whatever: 92-00 NHL Rosters.xlsx

92-00 Team Rankings.zip

92-00 ROMs.zip

Edited by kidswasted
3/22 Fixed handedness for all ROMs and updated weight for 99 and 00.
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

You know, I loved NHL '94 for the Genesis but I never really got the feel for the SNES version despite the fact that I owned an SNES.  And I downloaded this thinking it was for the Genesis but I quickly came to realize that they were SNES ROMs.  Nevertheless, I gave the first one (NHL Hockey) a spin and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for the effort!

• Thanks 1

• kidswasted changed the title to SNES NHL Hockey(92)-NHL 2000 ROMs in NHL 94
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated ROM files to fix handedness for 92-00. Also updated weight for 99 and 00 since EA decided to finally use accurate weights(i.e. Sundin a 7wgt from 92-98 but now an 11wgt in 99 and 00).

Edited by kidswasted

• 7 months later...
On 9/15/2022 at 1:57 PM, kidswasted said:

I've always wished I could play the whole EA hockey series from 92-00 with the feel of NHL 94 so I made this project for everyone to enjoy. Sadly, season mode, trades, or create-a-player features that appeared in later games are not present. However, I've compiled the rosters from the various games and made a SNES ROM for each year.

ROM Notes:

• Extracted rosters from NHLPA 93 - NHL 98 from Genesis(manually transcribed NHL Hockey (92) rosters by matching the jersey numbers in the ROM with players for that season and team using Hockey-Reference.com) and NHL 99 and 2000 from PC.
  • Some games had a 0-15 attribute scale so I converted to 0-6 to match 94
  • Player Overall calculated using @kingraph’s player calculation
  • Team Bonuses(Home/Away/PP/PK) were set based on their season’s stats
  • Lines set based on top overall players for each team
  • Team Overall for all ROMs updated(except All-Star and Easter egg teams)
  • Trimmed every team in every ROM to 20-24 players(except ANH and FLA which are trimmed down to 18 players) by removing the worst overall players due to byte limitations
  • I did not update jerseys and team colors for any teams in each ROM, except franchise team changes, noted further below
  • Player portraits updated for each ROM(only if they had one in 94)
  • Adjusted menu matchup based on the previous year’s Stanley Cup Final teams

ROM-specific adjustments:

• NHL Hockey(92)/NHLPA 93:
    • Re-labeled All-Star teams to Campbell and Wales
    • Updated Dallas Stars to Minnesota North Stars including team name, menu banner, and jerseys
    • NHL Hockey(92):
      • EXP(OTW) is the Expansion team from my All-Time Rosters ROM
      • SIX(TB) is the Original 6 team from my All-Time Rosters ROM
      • Swapped NHL ice logo for HOL/EXP/SIX. Unable to swap menu logos yet
    • NHLPA 93:
      • Swapped NHL ice logo for HOL. Unable to swap menu logos yet
  • NHL 96:
    • Compiled top players by overall for each conference for the two All-Star teams as there was no 94-95 All-Star game and no All-Star teams
  • NHL 97/NHL 98:
    • Updated Quebec Nordiques to Colorado Avalanche and Winnipeg Jets to Phoenix Coyotes including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).
    • Additionally, for NHL 98 I updated Hartford Whalers to Carolina Hurricanes including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).
    • Playoff matchups updated where Colorado(Quebec) moved to the Western Conference
  • NHL 99

• Updated ASE to Nashville Predators including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).

• Playoff matchups updated where Toronto moved to the Eastern Conference and added Nashville to Western Conference

• "All Stars" contains a 50/50 combination of World and North American All-Stars

• NHL 2000

• Updated ASW to Atlanta Thrashers including team name, menu banner, and jerseys. Ice logo updated to NHL logo(unable to edit menu logo).

• No All-Star teams as all 28 teams are being used

• Team Ranking PDFs are included in this post-Sorted by Overall Team Rating and then by Starting Lineup Rating
  • Roster sheets are here if anyone wanted to use them for Gens or whatever: 92-00 NHL Rosters.xlsx

92-00 Team Rankings.zip 4.94 MB · 45 downloads

92-00 ROMs.zip 5.17 MB · 80 downloads

I enjoy these SNES ROMs so much. Thanks for these.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1