NHL'94 Forums

Coming Soon: NCAA Hockey 2006!!!!!

mymy

I am now working on the rosters for the game that features the college hockey teams like Norte Dame, Michigan, Cornell, etc. But I need help on the center ice logo. Maybe swos, mack, or somebody else could put the blue NCAA logo as the center logo. I also need help on the uniforms, for example like the Michigan Wovlerines home jersys. I can make the jersey white put can't make the helmets blue. It always turns white. If you guys want, you can add more logos on the ice and the boards. When I finish the rosters I will post the game on this forums so you guys can edit it.

Also, if I feel like it I will they to do this for NHL 92,93,or 95. I wish everybody a Happy New Year.

Thank You

mymy@kinex.net

• 2 weeks later...

mymy,

If no one replies to your posts for help, don't cancel the project. Maybe just keep it on the backburner.. I could even keep the ROM handy on this website in case someone has time to help in a few weeks.

Sound good?

-Evan

... Maybe swos, mack, or somebody else could put the blue NCAA logo as the center logo. I also need help on the uniforms, for example like the Michigan Wovlerines home jersys. I can make the jersey white put can't make the helmets blue. It always turns white.

Updating ice logos is not that hard of a job if use Tile Molester and use the info and attachments found here. You just have to remember that the colors used in the logo are always sourced from the home team's strip palette. The notes found within the player card tutorial (zip download) may also be of assistance.

As for making the helmet blue and jersey white... well that aint so easy.

All the teams share the same player sprites in the rom. You'd need to edit the sprites and separate the jersey and helmets colors used. This would be a extremely time consuming effort, and the reality is, there isn't enough colors in the palette to do it properly & make it look good. swos had to ditch the skate's blade grey color and graphics to make the jersey shoulder strip hack (which too was a very time consuming job).

So, here are the teams I now have on this rom. If you have team requests, I will gladly some teams names and enter the one you requested.

NCAA Hockey 2006 teams

Boston College

Boston University

Bowling Green

Brown

Colgate

Dartmouth(finished rosters)

Colorado College

University of Connecticent

Denver

Maine

Miami(OH)

Michigan(finished rosters)

Michigan State(finished rosters)

Duluth(Minn)

Minnesota

Cornell

New Hampshire

Norte Dame

Ohio State(finished rosters)

Princeton

Quinnipiac

Air Force

Army

Vermont(finished rosters)

Western Michigan

Wisconsin

Yale

Thank You

For questions about this rom email me here

mymy@kinex

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have passed the project to someone else because I am very busy with other projects. The person I gave the project to says he should be finished by mid-April. I will email him to see how he is doing.

• 3 months later...

I've still been working on this rom off and on, however, it's pretty tough to judge overall ratings based on stats alone, so it's been taking a while. Not that you care, but i should have it in a matter of months. October, maybe? Maybe earlier.

I've still been working on this rom off and on, however, it's pretty tough to judge overall ratings based on stats alone, so it's been taking a while. Not that you care, but i should have it in a matter of months. October, maybe? Maybe earlier.

I have some friends who would love to play this if it gets finished.

I can't give the complete list for sure yet. There are things to consider while picking teams for this game. Mainly, i chose teams who had a pretty good season last year. I took out teams that are usually inconsistent or experienced a hiccup in their program last season. But there were teams that are usually not all that great, that ended up having a very good season. (Holy Cross, for example) For the last few teams, i might hold a small poll to see which teams are more popular.

Good news is at the rate i'm doing the rosters, I should be able to finish the rosters and jerseys way sooner than expected, hopefully before i start school on the 21st. However, the game still won't be complete, as I am completely clueless when it comes to the cosmetics of the game. I would really like this mod to be used in a league, so I'm gonna try my best to not present a game that may be fun to play, but a pain in the retina to look at.

I'll post my progress a few days from now. Thanks.

I can't give the complete list for sure yet. There are things to consider while picking teams for this game. Mainly, i chose teams who had a pretty good season last year. I took out teams that are usually inconsistent or experienced a hiccup in their program last season. But there were teams that are usually not all that great, that ended up having a very good season. (Holy Cross, for example) For the last few teams, i might hold a small poll to see which teams are more popular.

Good news is at the rate i'm doing the rosters, I should be able to finish the rosters and jerseys way sooner than expected, hopefully before i start school on the 21st. However, the game still won't be complete, as I am completely clueless when it comes to the cosmetics of the game. I would really like this mod to be used in a league, so I'm gonna try my best to not present a game that may be fun to play, but a pain in the retina to look at.

I'll post my progress a few days from now. Thanks.

Yeah Holy Cross is a very good team. I watched games from the Atlantic Hockey and there were some standout teams. If Holy Cross the champion is in it, so should Mercyhurst College as well as Sacred Heart University. As those two schools are way better at hockey than Army and Connecticut as far as hockey. Also Air Force is in their conference this year. So I think that if Army and Uconn are in the game, then Mercyhurst College as well as Sacred Heart University whose teams stood out above the others should be in.

you also have to keep in mind that 16 spots are already taken by the teams who made the national tournament last year. The teams you just named is just about the whole damn conference :lol: , and if i could do it i would.

Also, the list above is wrong. There are teams that are consistently awful that are on that list. Army will not be in the game. Neither will Quinnipiac or Air force. I can say that for sure.

In terms of having good programs, i think everyone knows that the WCHA holds the most talent in the NCAA. If any division deserves to take up the most room, it's them.

Ok, i'm out. I'll put out the poll sometime next week. Until then. Stay ninja. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

wow, it's been difficult for the past few weeks for me. My hard drive burned out and i was just able to get everything off of it a few days ago.

I was thinking about what to do with the rosters for a while. I decided that instead of actually getting the names of every player and updating the rosters every year, I was thinking about creating teams with anonymous players that have certain strengths and weaknesses, (ala EA Sports NCAA style). For example, we can have Wisconsin,(who is defensively sound right now, but can't score worth a damn) have good defensemen and a solid goaltender, but lackluster offense. Something like that. if it's going to end up like that, then i can have the roster done in a few weeks.

As promised, soon i will start a poll on how long the season will be, and other minute details, but id like the season to played (however they may be), then conference championships, then the actual tournament. pretty nice right? The season should take about two months, i think.

Also, I'd really appreciate a bit of help on this. Please PM me if you would like to take part in designing this rom, and hopefully, even starting the league.

You can complain all you want about how I've been talking about its release for a year now, but this kind of thing has been getting difficult. I have no idea how to design websites, so i wouldn't know how to start a league. But if I get this done, I'd like to start a league by February or so. That's all i have for now. Thanks for your patience.

wow, it's been difficult for the past few weeks for me. My hard drive burned out and i was just able to get everything off of it a few days ago.

I was thinking about what to do with the rosters for a while. I decided that instead of actually getting the names of every player and updating the rosters every year, I was thinking about creating teams with anonymous players that have certain strengths and weaknesses, (ala EA Sports NCAA style). For example, we can have Wisconsin,(who is defensively sound right now, but can't score worth a damn) have good defensemen and a solid goaltender, but lackluster offense. Something like that. if it's going to end up like that, then i can have the roster done in a few weeks.

As promised, soon i will start a poll on how long the season will be, and other minute details, but id like the season to played (however they may be), then conference championships, then the actual tournament. pretty nice right? The season should take about two months, i think.

Also, I'd really appreciate a bit of help on this. Please PM me if you would like to take part in designing this rom, and hopefully, even starting the league.

You can complain all you want about how I've been talking about its release for a year now, but this kind of thing has been getting difficult. I have no idea how to design websites, so i wouldn't know how to start a league. But if I get this done, I'd like to start a league by February or so. That's all i have for now. Thanks for your patience.

I like the idea of no names and teams with different strengths.

What are you going to do for teams? I'd do abbreviated division like the best WCHA teams for one division, best Hockey East teams in another division etc.

Keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey skoolyardpuck, how about you email me the rom with all the stuff you have done so far, so I could finish it. I have nothing much too do. I also I have a lot of free time during night time. I will try to edit the main screens and stuff myself.

mymy@kinex.net