NHL'94 Forums

Best in the world?

Basketkase

Greetings everyone, this is my first post here. My two brothers and a handful of friends have been playing NHL '94 competitively on the SNES since the game came out. We're all in our mid to late 20's now, and until we found out about this site and the online tournaments, we considered ourselves the best in the world. Now that I see people (besides us) still play it, I have to wonder if we're really the best out there. Does anyone else consider himself the best in the world? It's a shame I still have dial-up, or I'd gladly take on and destroy anyone here in the online games. It's good to know that we're not the only ones still obsessed with this game. You're all kindred spirits of ours. Good luck, guys.

I can't tell you how happy I was when I discovered this site as well. I will say I never thought of myself as the best in the world but definitely a strong player. The one thing I discovered when I first got on here is that even though it matters that you're a good player, there's a lot of different strategies that everyone uses, and most strategies aren't the ones you're accustomed to playing. I think the best players I've played here, and there are a lot, are the ones who know how to play against any style. I can't speak for the SNES competition but I found that this has been a very humbling experience through the Gens oppenents I've encounterd so far. Good luck and if you ever decide to go the Gens route, hit me up for an exhibition.

LOL wow, so your the best in the world but haven't played a single game online...???? and after trashtalking cant back it up with your dial up connection....my friend i dont usually say this but i'll make u cry when you get your connection up and running :)....welcome to the league

yours truly,

the94kid B)

in all seriousness though i think u will be shellshocked with the dif styles and adapting to them, in this league anyway it is nothing for a weak opponent to beat a top player on any given day...just gotta be able to adapt to dif styles and as u only play with your bro's and buddies u prob haven't seen them all

You can't expect to be a world beater when you bring your game online. I'm still feeling the rookie pains, and when you start playing online, you will too.

All you can really do is be competitive and try not to fall completely on your face :)

Guest BSDaemon
Greetings everyone, this is my first post here. My two brothers and a handful of friends have been playing NHL '94 competitively on the SNES since the game came out. We're all in our mid to late 20's now, and until we found out about this site and the online tournaments, we considered ourselves the best in the world. Now that I see people (besides us) still play it, I have to wonder if we're really the best out there. Does anyone else consider himself the best in the world? It's a shame I still have dial-up, or I'd gladly take on and destroy anyone here in the online games. It's good to know that we're not the only ones still obsessed with this game. You're all kindred spirits of ours. Good luck, guys.

:lol::P:o:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry everyone if you missed my arrogant talk. Been so much at work that haven't got time for this. Anyway, i see that some fu...king chicken brothers have come new members. To you brothers i say: " boys, if you think that you can play..let me tell u. You have no chances against people in these sites. So brotthers: just eat your porrage and drink your juice, and maybe,maybe someday u have something to say. Brothers,if u cant stand the heat, stay out of a kitchen."

Brothers, u are trash :D

I've done a few posts here, and even a roster update for Gens 95 but have yet to play anyone online. The Snes version of 94 is my game but I'll play anyone in any version pre 96 (96 and up ar kinda lame). Like you all, I've been able to beat the local chumps badly and I look forward to to some real competition. I havent met anyone who can beat me in Snes 94 on a semi-consitent basis but I know that online is where the competition really is. Any interested in trying their luck? savyspice69@hotmail.com and we'll figure something out. Peace

Greetings everyone, this is my first post here. My two brothers and a handful of friends have been playing NHL '94 competitively on the SNES since the game came out. We're all in our mid to late 20's now, and until we found out about this site and the online tournaments, we considered ourselves the best in the world.

Well chicken brothers, it is good to know that u have raelize one thing since u found these sites:

First there are professionals like tebiah, seemio, ahola, fleurys hipcheck, addinsorb, kgman and few others.

Good players: smack, swoosh,stevens :( and maybe some others..

Lower average players: backhandfloater

Garbage cans: the famous chicken brothers..

ahola,

Simple rule. Don't insult others. That's all I ask from anyone. You've broken that rule on a number of occasions. It's one thing if you know the guy, but insulting people you don't know isn't going to fly here.

You've been warned.

-Evan

This topic is almost bearing an eerie similarity towards a pro-wrestling roleplaying game right about now.

• 4 months later...
Well chicken brothers, it is good to know that u have raelize one thing since u found these sites:

First there are professionals like tebiah, seemio, ahola, fleurys hipcheck, addinsorb, kgman and few others.

Good players: smack, swoosh,stevens :D and maybe some others..

Lower average players: backhandfloater

Garbage cans: the famous chicken brothers..

Man, I never thought I would say this but I really do miss ahola. In this post, he rips on "the chicken brothers" but still makes room to throw BHF a shot for whatever reason. I don't know what it is but that guy is hilarious.