NHL'94 Forums

FIFA Soccer 95: Help with a couple of things

Hello,

So long, NHL94 forum. I am currently working in another project for brazilian retro gamers which is MSU-MD Futebol 1.0 (I am thinking about to change for another title).
I have a full excel with relevant information about hacking FIFA Soccer 95 that I completed since 2018

I have seen there is almost nothing pending to find out in NHL94 Sega Genesis Rom. That's my goal for FIFA Soccer 95. I am going to need help finding the following:

1) FIFA Soccer 95 Menu Background. I don't have a clue where to find. As far as I am concerned, this type of menu is based on 4 screens, giving the effect the menu is "flying" in front of the background. This must be compressed and if it's compressed, what type of compression did EA Sports programmers use?

2) Music. There are 5 menu tracks in FIFA Soccer 95. What I could find is the following concerning Music and SFX:
From 60000 Hex to EB5CF Hex all the samples and SFX are inserted in the game. Every single sample weighs 32kb with the following data:
Code: Unsigned 8-bit PCM
Byte Order: Little Endian
Channels: 1 channel (mono)
Frequency: 11025hz

The only exception is "Ea Sports - If it's in the game" voice, whose quality is ADPCM and frequency is around 6000hz.

In FIFA Soccer 2020 I could manipulate the SFX and insert new crowd chants and SFX without any kind of trouble.

As you can see in the attached picture, there are five samples that includes music samples (Guitar, drums and effects).
So, what I am exactly looking for is where is located the music menu in the ROM.

Thanks in advance

TA Marcos Translations

FIFA95.png

Edited by TA_Marcos_Translations