NHL'94 Forums

Question about frame rate

Guest cr0ssbar94

Guest cr0ssbar94

Why is it when you put the frame rate to "0", it's still WARP SPEED on GENS?

There is virtually no difference between 0 and 9. Why even bother having 9 speeds?

I wish there was a way to make the game "slightly" faster, like 70 frames instead of 60.

But when you put GENS on 0, its like 999 FPS. I mean come on, bad job they did on that.

I believe you are looking at frame skip, not frame rate. Auto-frameskip locks the frame rate at 60, which is how it worked on an original US Genesis. Putting frameskip to 0 just means the emulator will just run the game as fast as possible.

As far as I know, there is no way to manually set the frame rate via Gens. I believe this can be modified in hex though. Wboy had a 94 rom that ran faster than usual. You'll have to ask him about it.

I believe you are looking at frame skip, not frame rate. Auto-frameskip locks the frame rate at 60, which is how it worked on an original US Genesis. Putting frameskip to 0 just means the emulator will just run the game as fast as possible.

As far as I know, there is no way to manually set the frame rate via Gens. I believe this can be modified in hex though. Wboy had a 94 rom that ran faster than usual. You'll have to ask him about it.

wow that would be cool, as nhl 91 had a higher frame rate because it was PAL ...30fps? instead of 24...

If we could hack 94 to get to 30fps it would be pretty cool...