NHL'94 Forums

adding custom logos and banners

eltoro666

I'm sure this has been answered numerous times and as I am still a noob to rom hacking needed help adding custom logo's and banners to the game, It would also be a big help to know the offsets for logos (so it doesnt look like a jumbled mess) , banners and center ice logos and how to add them in game. I'd appreciate and help and pointers I can get. Also I use TM, nose but also have hex workshop as well  

Check out the "Thread Guide" (which maybe should in this forum not "general"..)

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/8090-gens-editing-the-game-thread-guide-newbs-start-here/

In particular "Tile Molester graphics offset bookmarks - (Nov 25 2005) - wboy"

Althoughhh.. I'm not sure those locations are correct for the 32-team ROM.. someone with more up-to-date editing experience will need to chime in.. But the general settings will help you find the logos by setting the correct colour format..

• Like 1

IIRC a someone or maybe even a few people have published their TM bookmarks for the 32-team ROM and some people will share if you ask.

I believe I had either Skip or Slapshot67's on my old laptop and use AdamCatalyst's now. I would ask one of them if they're willing to share. This will allow you to find items and palettes by the titles they used instead of jumping around from lists of addresses.

Edited by seamor

thank you both I have reached out to AdamCatalyst via messages and was asked by him to post this in the forum so other get the general knowledge, I cant tell you guys how grateful I am for this community, as I've been an EA fan since its start and love the nhl franchise (everything up to currency in game buying)  happy I stumbled upon this goldmine of a resource! cheers fellas! 

5 hours ago, eltoro666 said:

I'm sure this has been answered numerous times and as I am still a noob to rom hacking needed help adding custom logo's and banners to the game, It would also be a big help to know the offsets for logos (so it doesnt look like a jumbled mess) , banners and center ice logos and how to add them in game. I'd appreciate and help and pointers I can get. Also I use TM, nose but also have hex workshop as well  

Hey chief. +1 to what Smozoma said. Make sure you read all those old guides. A lot of the basics are covered well there.

If you are using the 32-team ROM, you have my bookmark file which includes offsets and palette addresses for all the items you just mentioned, and so much more. Try that first and foremost.

In general I’d recommend a “Mastermind” approach to this stuff. Just change something really simple, load it up and test it. Try not to do too much at once. It takes a bit before it all starts to make sense. 

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, AdamCatalyst said:

In general I’d recommend a “Mastermind” approach to this stuff. Just change something really simple, load it up and test it. Try not to do too much at once. It takes a bit before it all starts to make sense. 

And always keep a backup before making any change.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, smozoma said:

And always keep a backup before making any change.

Or, you know... multiple backups.
image.png

Admittedly, I've accidentally glitched something and, because I was editing/testing for something else, it went unnoticed for a while and required going back a few versions to find out what the clean working code looked like. At least that way you can just copy/paste over the offending part and start over fresh.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

Hey chief. +1 to what Smozoma said. Make sure you read all those old guides. A lot of the basics are covered well there.

If you are using the 32-team ROM, you have my bookmark file which includes offsets and palette addresses for all the items you just mentioned, and so much more. Try that first and foremost.

Will do I’m starting to get the hang of some of it and happy to take any advice I can get! Cheers you truly are helpful to a freshmen to this stuff

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, kingraph said:

I wrote down all the 32 team ROM offsets.  This question gets asks so frequently, I'll post it when I get home or possibly weekend

Hey, any chance you could post that list. It would be greatly appreciated! 

thanks in advance :)