NHL'94 Forums

Roster Update for 22-23 NHL season (NHL95 for PC)

Triumph

I tried to get rosters done in time for the end of the 2022 season but couldn't make it in time.  This always takes longer than I thought, but the rosters and ratings are finally updated.  I believe I have every player who's played every game so far this year for any of the teams from NHL95.

Lineups were selected based on current injury statuses, so some top players with long-term injuries (e.g. Couturier, Ehlers, Backstrom) are scratches.  Can't be sure I have everyone's number right, either, when moving players I sometimes use temporary numbers and I didn't have the patience to comb through every roster to make sure I'd fixed all of them.

Remember, just unzip these *.db files directly into your NHL95 folder, backing the previous ones up somewhere first.

NHL952223.rar

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 7:49 PM, JPSJeff13 said:

Nice work on the rosters!  Do you happen to have other files to change jerseys or add the new teams (Vegas. Seattle)?

I do not, graphics are not my expertise, but I think the NHL95 forever zip file from way back when has jersey editors in it.  I don't think adding new teams is possible, but I am also far from an expert on modding this game.

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, Triumph said:

I do not, graphics are not my expertise, but I think the NHL95 forever zip file from way back when has jersey editors in it.  I don't think adding new teams is possible, but I am also far from an expert on modding this game.

I currently don't have time to dive any deeper, but I did spend some time today doing some diving in and writing some documentation on how NHL95 for PC could be expanded to 32 teams:

https://github.com/abdulahmad/EA-NHL-Tools/tree/main/HOCKEY32

Most of the file formats are hacked that would need to be updated. I think the only one that isn't is the "Ron Barr" voice (which is not actually Ron Barr in NHL95 PC anymore). I've actually got close to figuring out the format, but the audio does come out a little garbled.

As you can see, the hardest part would be modifying the HOCKEY.EXE file to add the additional teams to the team lists. I've given as much of a starting point as I can to anyone who wants to take a crack at it. I would definitely start with trying to decompile/recompile HOCKEY.EXE. Once that's possible, trying to add the team to the exhibition selection and getting into a game would probably be the next thing I attempt.

• Like 1