NHL'94 Forums

GENS B - TOR takes CHI to 7 games

addisonbr

I don't have much to say about this series right now except to note that Jamonica thoroughly outplayed me from start to finish. If we had been playing equal teams he would have won this series in four games, none of them closer than 3 goals. His defense and goalie control was utterly suffocating. Without exaggeration I think I had two one-timers the entire seven-game set. Every other goal I scored was either Super-Chicago (Roenick shrugs off three checks and slaps in something absurd from 30 feet away with no offensive coordination whatsoever) and/or Super-Cheap (Noonan skates across the goal, Potvin falls down, Noonan drops the puck in the far side of the net, addisonbr runs to the lockerroom to unsuccessfully try to wash off the stench from his moreal and ethical failures). My behavior in Game Four was so reprehensible I will only tell the full story to my priest.

Jamonica played with class throughout, refusing to take credit for any of his victories, repeatly insisting that he was only getting lucky. No sir. The outcome was unjust, Jamonica was beat by a lesser player and a super-human hockey team.