NHL'94 Forums

Genesis wins!!!

I have been playing hockey nhlpa 93 on my SNES console for a year. Recently I realized I could play on my android box with emulation and a Bluetooth controller. Got my controller this morning. I WILL NEVER I MEAN EVER PLAY SPORTS ON MY SNES AGAIN! Its actully going in a box tonight.

EA Hockey is by far my favorite so far. '92 is OK. '93 is OK. '94 is way better on Genesis. You can get up the ice without getting pulverized into the bench and its a lot smoother than SNES. Havent played '95-'98 but I imagine they will be alright.

I will always keep my SNES copy of nhlpa 93 but I'll only play it if my Bluetooth controller quits.

To be fair, the SNES 93 port was very rushed direct port of the Sega version and is basically completely inferior because it doesn't take advantage of SNES hardware strengths.

SNES 94 is a completely separate game than the Sega 94, it takes advantage of the SNES hardware (note the better colours and more realistic sounds), but has very different gameplay.

95-98, different story, the games are much more similar but also are tailored to the hardware. Could be worth trying them out on both.

I have a '95 cartridge i just bought for SNES. Its pretty fun to play. I boxed my console up last night. Its just as easy to play on my android boxes. Less wear and tear on the console and cheaper to replace. I do love nhlpa 93 for SNES and I'll always keep my copy. Its the game that ignited my passion for hockey again. These past few years have turned me off to basketball and football with all their nonsense, but I have watched a few hockey games lately and I realize my old friend. Unfortunately Columbus is my local market. Hopefully they get it in gear and make some moves.