NHL'94 Forums

SNES B Chi defeats C

Guest BSDaemon

Guest BSDaemon

wow.

I was sincerely worried before this series, and for good reason. Calgary is a damn good player.

Game 1 was even, goal for goal... everytime he'd score, id score off the next faceoff. At one point I took the lead, and with little time left... he did it. The crease cut. Obviously a desperation move, and it caught me by surprise. He ended up winning in OT.

Game 2 and on it became no holds barred. I scored probably half my goals in game 2 using the crease cut, just because it made me angry that I lost by it in game 1.

The rest of the games were kind of a blur, aside from me being super nervous because my D wasnt in position as it usually is, and my man going to the net for the one timer just wasn't there either.

After CGY won game 6, i really thought it was over...

Game 7... up by 3 goals with about 1.30 on the clock. He scores one on a delayed penalty... no big deal. But then Nieuwendyk comes down and just blasts a slapshot by belfour. TERRIBLE goal to give up. There were 19 seconds left. We all know how easy it is to score in 19 seconds off a center ice faceoff... I was REALLY worried I was going to blow the lead I had... But I managed to win the draw and skate up and seal the deal.

WOW.

Congrats to Calgary - This guy came into the league right at the end, and played a crapton of games, thereby proving that there was really no excuse to not have your games played. This guy is GOOD. He'd fit in nicely with the SNES A guys.

I was outplayed (because my damn team kept falling apart at bad times!) but managed to grind it out. Props to Calgary, I think he deserves to move on more then I do.

See you next season dude :lol:

There's been concern with the kg boys, but they are 2 different people (also 2 different IPs). Same with this thread. Hey, people can joke around about it... in the end you'll never really know who you're playing against unless you're playing sitting in the same room.