NHL'94 Forums

[2006 Fall] - Snes A Voting Awards Official Post

Evan

SNES A Coaches,

It’s time to vote for Fall 2006 Regular Season Awards. You guys can simply reply with your choices. Just copy and paste the Award names into your reply with your pick after. Then we’ll tally up the results at the end of playoffs so we can give out the Awards. In the future, we will have a form on the website but for this season lets just do it this way again. It worked fine.

EXAMPLE:

01 Best Overall Coach - Schwartz (hehe)

Here are the Awards voted by the coaches:

01 Best Overall Coach -

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach -

03 Best One-Timer Coach -

04 Best Deke Coach -

05 Best Slapshot Coach -

06 Best Defensive Coach -

07 Best Offensive Coach -

08 Most Improved Coach -

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team -

10 Best Replacement Coach -

11 Best Rookie Coach -

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times -

In case you don't know who the rookie coaches are, these guys were rookies:

BloodyThroats, pokerchamp, Brookdale

***The deadline for voting on awards is December 9th, 2006.***

Ok guys, make your picks!

-Evan

01 Best Overall Coach - I'll go with Rudy, despite his relatively early playoff exit. He made a mess of a lot of opponents this season. I think that 94kid, shakazuzu, and Rudy are the best players in the league, but 94kid didn't have as dominant a season as usual (saving it for playoffs? :o ) and shakazuzu didn't play nearly enough games to possibly be voted for. Rudy played and dominated all season. Nobody stands out as the absolute clear-cut best coach though, unlike the Gens league with kgman.

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Too many guys you could possibly pick here, which is great of course. Pretty much everyone in the A League is a very good sport. There are a few guys who are pretty much equal, so I'll go with the guy who played the most games, which I think is Schwartz.

03 Best One-Timer Coach - FENTY. The c***sucker can beat you on one-timers alone some games. :lol:

04 Best Deke Coach - 94kid, he's one slick bastard no? If this category was broken down a bit into "best spinorama coach", I'd go shakazuzu, 7 games played or not.

05 Best Slapshot Coach - I'm gonna go McMarkis- he seemed to perfect the low slapshot glove side this season.

06 Best Defensive Coach - Mike, Chicago....... honourable mention to shakazuzu........... in my playoff series with him, his defence was so good that I don't think I succeeded in scoring any one-timer goals until the third period of Game 7 when my back was totally against the wall.

07 Best Offensive Coach - Again I'll go UDY on this one

08 Most Improved Coach - shakazuzu, rebounded from a disastrous 3-25 season to knock off the #1 seed in the East. :P hahahaha no seriously, my vote on this one will go to Schwartz. He was a much more dangerous player this season than he was last season.

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - My God, what's up with my love on for Schwartz here? I'm gonna pencil him in for yet another category. "Deer stop kissing moderator ass" - yeah I know seriously hahaha

10 Best Replacement Coach - Hm this season didn't exactly have the star replacement coaches like last season when we picked up unbelievable players like JotaC (eventual champ) and Mike halfway through the season. I guess I'll go with BloodyThroats (Boston); he didn't win many games, but he sure played a lot in a short time, and he improved quite a bit in that short time and showed that we've picked up a pretty reliable replacement coach who I think will be a good member of the league next year.

11 Best Rookie Coach - pokerchamp should be the unanimous choice here. Great addition to the league. We rolled the dice allowing an unproven newcomer to jump right into A but he's been a perfect fit.

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - McMarkis had a shitty go of it with the Flyers but kept on playing and looking for people to play games against, and if he can knock off Schwartz, suddenly he'll be in rd 3 of the playoffs.

01 Best Overall Coach - Deer... Christ almighty he was lethal this year.

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach/Miss Congeniality - Schwartz... his passion for the game is unrivaled, as is his good spirit.

03 Best One-Timer Coach - Mike

04 Best Deke Coach - thekid... this is a pity vote since I didn't pick him for anything else :lol:

05 Best Slapshot Coach - McMarkis

06 Best Defensive Coach - Deer

07 Best Offensive Coach - Deer

08 Most Improved Coach - Schwartz... dealt me my first loss this season. He's definately raised the level of his game since last year.

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - Schwartz... I'm starting to think he picks the whale just to win this award.

10 Best Replacement Coach - hmmmm.... Steve (Boston)

11 Best Rookie Coach - pokerchamp

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Jota ... not a very good season record but he's CLUTCH when it counts!

Guest BSDaemon

01 Best Overall Coach - Rudy

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Schwartz

03 Best One-Timer Coach - NA

04 Best Deke Coach - Rudy

05 Best Slapshot Coach - NA

06 Best Defensive Coach - NA

08 Most Improved Coach - NA

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - NA

10 Best Replacement Coach - Can I vote for myself? lol I only played 10 games... so im jk. NA.

11 Best Rookie Coach - NA

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - NA

There are a lot of NA's there, but I didn't play enough games to be able to fairly determine a winner for those categories.

01 Best Overall Coach - TheDeer

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Schwartz

03 Best One-Timer Coach - Blazer

04 Best Deke Coach - Pokerchamp

05 Best Slapshot Coach - Fenty

06 Best Defensive Coach - Pokerchamp

07 Best Offensive Coach - TheDeer

08 Most Improved Coach - Fenty

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - Schwartz

10 Best Replacement Coach - BSDaemon

11 Best Rookie Coach - Pokerchamp

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Shakazuzu

I'm kinda drunk right now, so will fill in the obvious ones. The ones I need to think about will do later. I wish I kept notes during the year because I remember facing someone with an amazing manual goalie who I didn't expect (ie not one of the star players) that I would put in as best D.

01 Best Overall Coach - Rudy (honorable mention to Deer, both guys absolutely scorched the league, I originally had Deer here, but after a couple more beers I realized I needed to change it as Rudy handed my ass to me all season and had a very tough division)

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Schwartz (love the highlight reel he made of our game, plus if he did play the most games just another reason why he should win)

03 Best One-Timer Coach -

04 Best Deke Coach - Pokerchamp (I consistenly had trouble lining up his players, especially Selanne, there's no doubt about this vote for me)

05 Best Slapshot Coach - Oh damn, I remember one guy in particular who totally deserves this. Had a couple beauties on me. Damn.

06 Best Defensive Coach - Same here, one guy who's manual goalie was superb and I can't remember who it was. Damn.

07 Best Offensive Coach - Deer (he has a patent on those tic tac toe goals of his, plus just take a look at his GF... no not girlfirend, the GF that matters!!! lol)

08 Most Improved Coach - Fenty (is capable of beating anyone at any time)

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - JotaC (maybe it's because he beat me in the playoffs, but he's a wolf in sheeps clothing, last year Edmonton, this year St Louis, wow)

10 Best Replacement Coach - BloodyThroats (no question, he really went out of his way to get his games in, good job!)

11 Best Rookie Coach - Pokerchamp (no question, he's a great player, any outsider who watched our games would have said he deserved to win all of them, well he pretty much did anyways, but I have some tricks up my sleeve the next time we meet as I think I found a weakness ;-)

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times -

Someone get me another beer before I have to go to the bar!!

- EnergyMike (I gotta change my forum login)

01 Best Overall Coach - Rudy, Energymike decided this 1 for me... much tougher division so edge over deer

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Schwartz, everyone I played was a good sport, he seems like really nice guy though

03 Best One-Timer Coach - Fenty, he probably scored more 1 timers than anyone this season

04 Best Deke Coach - Rudy, he just scored lots of dekes on me so good conversion gets my vote

05 Best Slapshot Coach - Fenty, so few scored but fenty had a couple on me

06 Best Defensive Coach - EnegyMike -- Our first 2 he played great D, last 2 alittle more high scoring but still gets my vote

07 Best Offensive Coach - Rudy -- scored all kinds vs me. Deer scored a bunch too but only played him once so Rudy!

08 Most Improved Coach - Fenty -- last year had crap record with great team, now 4th best record in conference with LA

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - Schwartz -- played with Hartford nuff said

10 Best Replacement Coach - BSDaemon & Bloody -- great effort to play games by both & paying off for BS in playoffs

11 Best Rookie Coach - Pokerchamp -- I think I'm the only rookie coach that started the season so I win ya!!!!!!!!!

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - BSDaemon & BLOODy, took some beatings but kept playin good job

If I could add 1 more category I would add Favorite coach to play --- for me EnergyMike had some fun games vs him

• 2 weeks later...

01 Best Overall Coach - TheKid

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Shwartz

03 Best One-Timer Coach - McMarkis

04 Best Deke Coach - Deer

05 Best Slapshot Coach - McMarkis

06 Best Defensive Coach - Jota

08 Most Improved Coach - hrmmmm I will go with Fenty (not that he was bad, but he plays games with me all the time),

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - Fenty

10 Best Replacement Coach - Me...actually i don't know who else there is

11 Best Rookie Coach - PokerChamp

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - BSDemon

01 Best Overall Coach -the deer, just dominated all season, look at those #'s

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach -the94 slut....schwartz :P

03 Best One-Timer Coach -rudy

04 Best Deke Coach -energy mike caused me the most trouble

05 Best Slapshot Coach -mcmarkis no question

06 Best Defensive Coach -energy mike...just solid

07 Best Offensive Coach -the deer

08 Most Improved Coach -fenty no question, no playoffs last season to #2 seed in his conference...well done

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team -schwartz

10 Best Replacement Coach -sigh....no one else to pick...so steve ;)....this guy will be good next year

11 Best Rookie Coach -pokerchamp...awesome season and a great addition to the league or extraordinary gentlemen

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times -Me lol was in a HUGE slump and at one point was 11-8 :s....but turned it around....but jota had the same thing happen so he gets my vote

great season gents...lets make next season even better!

01 Best Overall Coach - Deer, The record says it all.

02 Best Sportsmanship Coach - Schwartz, ALL CLASS.

03 Best One-Timer Coach - Fenty, Gretzky can be a beast

04 Best Deke Coach - Deer, I HATE SUNDIN

05 Best Slapshot Coach - McMarkis, lol what an ass

06 Best Defensive Coach - Pokerchamp, tight games

07 Best Offensive Coach - Rudy, every freaking game we play is a barn burner

08 Most Improved Coach - Steve (Bos), He has improved a ton in all the exhibtion games we played.

09 Best Coach With A Low Rated Team - Schwartz

10 Best Replacement Coach - Steve (Bos)

11 Best Rookie Coach - Pokerchamp

12 Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Steve (Bos), took a few beatings.

Looking forward to the spring..

McMarkis