NHL'94 Forums

scoreing

hornet

hey hornet,

I don't think anyone has scored 100 goals in 5 or 10 minute periods. This has only been accomplished with 20 minute periods. Have you only scored 3 goals with 20 minute periods? If so, what are you current scoring methods?

-Evan

hits, screens and deflections? my my, use some deke-ing. stick handle side to side. one timers across the net... 3 goals in a game? work it out

• 2 weeks later...
yeah 10 min. periods. I do one timers (though they rarely work) but I usualy use hits/ screens/ deflections

Ahhh yes, the good old "hit goal". I often try to use a hit as a means of scoring.

And I'm always using that "deflection button" to score.

How could I forget the "screen method"?

You sound like you're worse than Lauschy.

Yep, but i finally scored 10 goals, so im getting better :) Whats the deflection button?

ha. enough said

ha. enough said

The young man is just seeking some guidance, and then you go and laugh at him.

Listen up little Hornet, the deflection button is all but a myth.

There isn't a "best way" to score, but there is very a well a worst way. 3 to be exact. The hit, deflection, and screen; all 3 of which you alluded to earlier.

The key is to practice the one-timer in such a way that when you get a shot, the goalie is awkwardly out of position, drawing moans of "What the HELL was my goalie doing?!" or "Why is my goalie behind net?!!" from your opponents.

Don't listen to naysayers like Baron.

Ok, I think the first thing you have to do is think about the team you play with. I sincerely recommend either Hartford or Tampa Bay. They got good D-men like Houda and Lipuma who can shoot from the blueline and create scoring chances. There are a few other decent teams, but never play with San Jose, New Jersey or Dallas. They are rubbish. Because you obviously aren't too good yet, you could try playing with Chicago, but remember to take Larmer out and put Kisu Ruuttu on the right wing. That should do the trick.

Ok, I think the first thing you have to do is think about the team you play with. I sincerely recommend either Hartford or Tampa Bay. They got good D-men like Houda and Lipuma who can shoot from the blueline and create scoring chances. There are a few other decent teams, but never play with San Jose, New Jersey or Dallas. They are rubbish. Because you obviously aren't too good yet, you could try playing with Chicago, but remember to take Larmer out and put Kisu Ruuttu on the right wing. That should do the trick.

Kisu Ruuttu?.... Christian Ruuttu you mean? and I'm not sure if this whole comment is sarcastic or not. You throw out some bad recommendations in Tampa and Hartford, then give a ligit recommendation in Chi-town. Furthermore, you suggest to take out Larmer, who is 86 overall. Quit toying with our emotions.

My comments may have something to do with the teams that I play mostly with. Or with the teams my friends usually play with. But the Larmer thing is simply because he just can't put the puck in. He's useless if you're going for 50 goals or something like that. Christian "Kisu" Ruuttu has lots more hands although he's not the best guy when you need a fast goal.