NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94: 2023 Edition by Adam Catalyst

AdamCatalyst

10 hours ago, profit90 said:

Thanks for your work. Good job.

Question: why can't i see washington or winnipeg in nose editor with this version.. doesn't seem to be a problem with roms that use the 6 point scale.. could that be the issue. thanks again

Thanks!

Can I ask you a favour? Ask me the same question in my "How-to" thread, and I will make you an extra tweak to NOSE to make editing my ROM easier, and post it with my answer.

I'm working on version 2.0, and am refining all the uniforms & logos. I've got a few dilemmas. The first one is Carolina. Here is the issue…

- If I use an accurate CAR home uniform, the centre ice logo will lack the white element.

- If I add white to the CAR home uniform, it is less accurate, but the logo keeps the white element.

- Alternately, if I switch CAR to their third uniforms, the centre Ice logo can be seen higher quality, but they will be the only team not in their proper home colours for 2023.

All three scenarios are pictured below. Any and all feedback is welcome and encouraged!

6. CAR - Uniform prioritized.png

6. CAR - Uniform prioritized - Face-Off.png

6. CAR - Uniform prioritized - In-Play.png

6. CAR - Logo prioritized.png

6. CAR - NHL 94 [h] 2023 AC v2a8 - 2023 01 28 8 2023-01-28 21.06.45.png

6. CAR - NHL 94 [h] 2023 AC v2a8 - 2023 01 28 8 2023-01-28 21.07.00.png

6. CAR - Alt prioritized.png

6. CAR - Alt prioritized - Face-Off.png

6. CAR - Alt prioritized - In-Play.png

Edited by AdamCatalyst
Updated images.
  • Wow 1

I like Carolina in both.

But if every other team is as accurate as possible, I would lean black. 

Just spitballing though - this is an anniversary year for Carolina, so maybe could use the 25th anniversary logo at center since it has barely any white? But then again, the red jersey is for the 25th anniversary… decisions decisions. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, kingraph said:

What about making the skate blade white at home?  Then you have the white color to use and the blade color is the least noticable color imo.  Either way I like the white on the home logo.  

The problem with that one, is that I use the grey with the sticks as well, and don't want to introduce that level of inconsistency. I agree, that logo looks so much better with the white. There's a couple teams where I have gotten rid of the white, and I think I prefer it, but not with Carolina.

8 hours ago, Drezz said:

For authenticity, the black is preferred. I think KingRaph's suggestion might be the least invasive and give you the white/grey you'd need for the ice logo palette.

I really like the Carolina reds, but I think that the inconsistency would drive me crazy. I think that I will keep with the 2023 black & grey. Would rather interject a little white if need be. Thanks (all) for the feedback!

Will there be a roster update for this after the deadline or is this the finished product for 2023?

Help me Obi-wan. You're my only hope. :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Edited by WileECoyote

3 hours ago, WileECoyote said:

Will there be a roster update for this after the deadline or is this the finished product for 2023?

The trade deadline? That's ages away! I can't bear to play with Bo Horvat on the wrong team that long!!!

I don't want to promise anything, I have poor health, and always have to put that first. All that being said, a tentative schedule…

2.0 All-Star Edition. Released no later than Feb 10th.

3.0 TBD. Will depend on any blockbuster trades, etc., and the progress on internal development here.

4.0 Play-Off edition. Released for the start of the playoffs.

5.0 Final edition. Released once the Stanley Cup final matchup is set.

Rosters are to be all be set on version 4.0, however it is possible that there are still extremely minor changes for version 5.0, as I (or someone else) will probably notice an oversight. And of course, version numbers subject to change, based on what is or isn't included on each version. Heck, everything is subject to change. But that is the plan right now.

Edited by AdamCatalyst
stupid fingers.
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

The trade deadline? That's ages away! I can't bear to play with Bo Horvat on the wrong team that long!!!

I don't want to promise anything, I have poor health, and always have to put that first. All that being said, a tentative schedule…

2.0 All-Star Edition. Released no later than Feb 10th.

3.0 TBD. Will depend on any blockbuster trades, etc., and the progress on internal development here.

4.0 Play-Off edition. Released for the start of the playoffs.

5.0 Final edition. Released once the Stanley Cup final matchup is set.

Rosters are to be all be set on version 4.0, however it is possible that there are still extremely minor changes for version 5.0, as I (or someone else) will probably notice an oversight. And of course, version numbers subject to change, based on what is or isn't included on each version. Heck, everything is subject to change. But that is the plan right now.

Cool thanks!

In doing these rosters and lines, I’ve learned so much about each team, and how their GMs have constructed their lineups. There are teams that are stupidly easy to do the lines for, since the purpose of each player is so obvious on the surface, and then supported by analytics. Team like NYI & St. Louis come to mind here, but this generally skews towards to better teams. Then there are teams where it takes exponentially longer to do the lines, because nothing seems to make sense! Anaheim, Arizona, Montreal, & Philadelphia leap to mind, and I certainly don’t envy these coaches. And then there are trades, which immediately impact the lines, sometimes making it easier, sometimes making it more difficult. So, all that being said, the Bo Horvat trade was the easiest trade I’ve done so far on these rosters. Was obvious how both key players fit in each team, and for the Islanders, it took one of the easiest teams to do lines for, and clarified the biggest ambiguity. Who knows how it will play out in the real world, but in my world, it all made perfect sense. :)

Edited by AdamCatalyst
  • Like 1

On January 31st, I said that I was targeting Feb 10th for my next release.

On Feb 9th, Chris Drury made arguably the second biggest trade of the season, brining Tarasenko to NYR, just in time for my 2.0 release.

Coincidence, or is one you Chris Drury?

p.s. new version out now.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

is there a spreadsheet with team stats?  ( i haven't posted in a long time, and just came back to grab this amazing rom!)

We have an arcade cabinet in the office here, and have the team stat spreadsheets from other mods.  I just forget where i found them, and if there is one for this current lineup.

Hi there @ttbarnum!

You can alway just dump the rosters & ratings with the Roster Tool found in this website. When I get home, I can DM you that CSV, just let me know if that’s what your looking for. 

I hope you’ll come back to pick up the final refined ‘23 version when it’s ready! Will be released on the eve of the finals. Will be ant least one more interim version as well.