NHL'94 Forums

Garbage goals.

Setar

I sometimes play the AI for fun. Most of the time I kill it, but today I had a great game. I chose Chicago vs. Boston, as Chicago, and the AI showed up to play. I did coach them a bit and do powerplay line shifting, but they played. Moog made some mind-blowing saves and the defense got in my lanes, forcing me to abandon the crease-cut for one-timers which Moog turned aside.

I got up 2-0 in the second, and it was very late third and I felt like I would see Ed Belfour atop the stars list. Then with 30 seconds to go, Belfour makes a save, a Boston player runs into him (in real life, it would be whistled IMMEDIATELY when this happens) and the game says the puck is in. I got pissed because I hate it when I'm doing good and then give up a goal that's absolute garbage, and I just hit reset out of fury.

So do you guys hate it when you give up garbage goals like that? I know I do immensely.

how many times has this happened to all of us? it's a part of the game...i find it funny when you boys get mad when it happens. i think this is sidestepping the real issue... the real question is...when does the computer actually score a GOOD goal? :P

got up 2-0 in the second, and it was very late third and I felt like I would see Ed Belfour atop the stars list. Then with 30 seconds to go, Belfour makes a save, a Boston player runs into him (in real life, it would be whistled IMMEDIATELY when this happens) and the game says the puck is in. I got pissed because I hate it when I'm doing good and then give up a goal that's absolute garbage, and I just hit reset out of fury.

AND SAME THING HERE: http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2304

Hey setar, maybe u should play a bit more and develope your game a bit and learn the game. It is a same thing if u would ask anyone here: do u know what day comes after sunday?

So please, it is very frustrating to read stuff u write here, cause they are no questions worth of asking, cause everybody knows the answers before u make them or show something like u do in that link.

PS: And still , u are a first-liner, tell me my friend, how is that possible..?

So please, it is very frustrating to read stuff u write here, cause they are no questions worth of asking, cause everybody knows the answers before u make them or show something like u do in that link.

Hey. These forums are for all skill levels. People are encouraged to post newbie questions and get answers from experienced players.

This game isn't made or marketed anymore. The only thing that keeps it alive is the passion of the old guard and our ability to cultivate fresh blood and introduce new generations to an era when gameplay meant more than 3D graphics and 37-button controllers. If we don't, we're going to wind up sad and lonely like those pathetic 75-year-olds at decrepit horse tracks who keep dying with nobody new to replace them.

So if a question is too basic for you and you don't want to answer it, that's fine. But just ignore it. Don't insult or intimidate people on these forums for being beginners.