NHL'94 Forums

NHL deadline predictions

With the NHL deadline just a month and a half away, its time to make your predictions.

1. Where is Patrick Kane going?

2. Who else do you see moving?

3. Who do you wish your team would pick up to solidify them?

1. Rumors say its almost certain Kane is out in Chicago. They say the Rangers, Boston, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and the Islanders are potential landing spots. He's definitely not coming to Columbus, so good luck wherever he goes.

2. In Chicago, Toews maybe be a potential mover. Seeing he's in his final year. Word is Columbus will have Korpisalo and Nyquist on the block, since they're in their final years as well.

3. Coming to Columbus??? Nobody wants to play in Columbus. Drafting players looks like Columbus's only option to get better.

6 hours ago, D. Sekreterenson said:

Would the blue jackets trade Laine

His contract is not up for a long time, so if he did it would be quite the haul considering his upside as a goal scorer, age, and time locked down. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D. Sekreterenson said:

Would the blue jackets trade Laine,they really suck

I wish Laine would go away and take Elvis with him. Neither are worth the price they're being paid.

The fans here are blaming the depth but the depth is the ones scoring.

Elvis is giving up 4.5 GAA. If he keeps it up, he will be giving up as many goals as $$$millions he's making. Which is $5.25 million.

Edited by WileECoyote

29 minutes ago, D. Sekreterenson said:

Wow he must have the highest GAA in the league I figured most guys were like 2 to 3

Tonight they were up 3-0 on Anaheim and still lost 5-3 with Elvis.

That's a shame. I really liked Elvis when I'd see him playing for Latvia in the World Championships. Granted Latvia also plays a better defensive system that Columbus so that helps. But he would be lights out in those short tournaments, sometimes single-handedly keeping the score closer than it has any business being.

I do wonder how he might do if he was able to land a trade to a better team. It's quite possible that, similar to how Edmonton's poor management led to some demoralizingly bad seasons that almost scuttled the careers of young Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall before they got out, the change in scenery is what he needs. Nuge at least made it to the McDavid/Draisaitl era, but then without better defence and goaltending, all three might end up bouncing around in the back 9 of their careers still chasing that first Cup.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but I have talked to a couple guys from the expansion Ottawa Senators and they were basically joking in the dressing room before a game on the over/under of how badly they were going to lose. It's not surprising that some of those guys were not only out of Ottawa, but also the League by the time the likes of Alfredsson and Spezza showed up and they started turning things around. And with goaltending being such a cerebral position, Elvis is probably getting into his own head too much, just wondering when the tide is going to turn. And of course that's when it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and the entire team says "Here we go again" and then it goes again.

I can see Kane going to Boston. Bruins going all in so Bergeron, Marchand, & Krejci can share one more championship together.

Toews to the Winnipeg Jets would be a cool homecoming helping them go for the Cup. Horvat out of the dumpster fire that is the Canucks organization to a contender (Hurricanes?).

As for my Oilers, sounds like a top 4 and/or a left-shot d-man is the plan. Their Top 6 is solid; another add to the bottom 6 for depth would help. Maybe a 2-way/faceoff/PK forward.

Edited by Fiddz

2 hours ago, Fiddz said:

As for my Oilers, sounds like a top 4 and/or a left-shot d-man is the plan. Their Top 6 is solid; another add to the bottom 6 for depth would help. Maybe a 2-way/faceoff/PK forward.

I'll see you Wednesday. My Boo Jackets are up next.

Edited by WileECoyote

On 1/19/2023 at 4:56 PM, WileECoyote said:

Elvis is giving up 4.5 GAA. If he keeps it up, he will be giving up as many goals as $$$millions he's making. Which is $5.25 million.

You just want him to go so you can say, "Elvis has left the building"

1. Let's say Kane is going to… Buffalo. Because that would be crazy, but also remotely possible.

2. Well, obviously, Toews.

3. I love to see my Leafs pick up Vasilevsky at the trade deadline. That way they could actually win an elimination game, and make it to the second round.