NHL'94 Forums

NHL 92 is better than this game. Why no love?

beermanO7

Why is there not a bigger following for the best game in the EA series? The scores are like football scores when you play against an opponent. It doesn't represent true hockey, and you can't beat the original. There is no love for the original game here. I play 92 with a couple of guys online and we have much more fun than if e played 94. 92 is a thinking mans game.

Man it is so much more fun to play without one timers. Some think one timers are so great, but I happen to think they ruin the fun of the game. The original NHL 92 game is so raw, it allows for such a variety of strategies, and it is not easy to score.

OK Goalie control...you know what? The feel of the game is completely ruined with Goalie control. It is so much more fun and challenging to have to position your defenseman in the right spot, instead of the lazy way, which is to take control of your goalie. Not to mention the fact that the goalie control for 94 is so bad anyway, having to hold down the button for like 5 seconds which is retarded and defeats the purpose.

I don't understand. I feel 92 is so much better. And fighting after a goal is scored, there aint nothing better or more fun. 94 seems so joyless. It has no personality the way the original game has.

Doesn't anyone here like the original way better than 94? I cannot be the only one. Please post here if you love the original the best.

Guest BSDaemon
Why is there not a bigger following for the best game in the EA series? NHL 94 sucks. The scores are like football scores when you play against an opponent. It doesn't represent true hockey, and you can't beat the original. There is no love for the original game here. I play 92 with a couple of guys online and we have much more fun than if e played 94. 92 is a thinking mans game.

Man it is so much more fun to play without one timers. Some think one timers are so great, but I happen to think they suck and ruin the fun of the game. The original NHL 92 game is so raw, it allows for such a variety of strategies, and it is not easy to score.

OK Goalie control...you know what? This sucks too. The feel of the game is completely ruined with Goalie control. It is so much more fun and challenging to have to position your defenseman in the right spot, instead of the lazy way, which is to take control of your goalie. Not to mention the fact that the goalie control for 94 sucks so bad anyway, having to hold down the button for like 5 seconds which is retarded and defeats the purpose.

I don't understand. I feel 92 is so much better. And fighting after a goal is scored, there aint nothing better or more fun. 94 seems so joyless. It has no personality the way the original game has.

Doesn't anyone here like the original way better than 94? I cannot be the only one. Please post here if you love the original the best.

I think you accidentily posted in the NHL94Online.com League forum.

There's a place for NHL92 discussion.

PS - we aren't big on trolling... dont come here saying the game we all like sucks, because that is only YOUR opinion.

I think you accidentily posted in the NHL94Online.com League forum.

There's a place for NHL92 discussion.

PS - we aren't big on trolling... dont come here saying the game we all like sucks, because that is only YOUR opinion.

There's nobody on the NHL 92 forum, but I did mean to post this in the NHL 94 forum and got the league forum by mistake.

OK OK 94 doesn't suck, but 92 is better. I actually would like to join the upcoming 94 league for genesis. I am a pretty good player. Sorry if you misunderstood my post for trolling. I meant no offense. Just try to calm down a little bit though. Don't take it so personal.

Why is there not a bigger following for the best game in the EA series? The scores are like football scores when you play against an opponent. It doesn't represent true hockey, and you can't beat the original. There is no love for the original game here. I play 92 with a couple of guys online and we have much more fun than if e played 94. 92 is a thinking mans game.

Man it is so much more fun to play without one timers. Some think one timers are so great, but I happen to think they ruin the fun of the game. The original NHL 92 game is so raw, it allows for such a variety of strategies, and it is not easy to score.

I find this to be the exact opposite of my experience. We regularly scored in the double-digits when we played '92. To get shut out playing '92 was the ultimate indignity. I only recall it happening maybe three or four times in the 18 months or so we played it 4+ hours a day. If someone in our suite was getting shut out with a couple of minutes left in the game, I'm 100% sure the other three of us would have stopped whatever we we were doing - homework, cheerleaders, whatever - to watch history in the making.

I find this to be the exact opposite of my experience. We regularly scored in the double-digits when we played '92. To get shut out playing '92 was the ultimate indignity. I only recall it happening maybe three or four times in the 18 months or so we played it 4+ hours a day. If someone in our suite was getting shut out with a couple of minutes left in the game, I'm 100% sure the other three of us would have stopped whatever we we were doing - homework, cheerleaders, whatever - to watch history in the making.

Well I don't know what version of 92 you play, but NHL 92 is the most difficult to score in the entire series in my opinion. Many many shot go off the post and you have to time the shot perfectly. The goalies dont go down like clockwork on wraparounds (94) nor do they let in horrible goals or flop like fish (93).

Perhaps you are thinking of NHLPA 93. The goalies go down like cheap hookers in that game, and it is the easiest one to score in.

94 is in between 92 and 93 in the easyness of goals, but closer to 93. The goalies are better than 93 but the dreaded 1-timer makes for a barrage of mindless goals in 94. The problem with 94 is, the manual goalie doesnt even out the 1-timer because you cant get control in time. So you are left with high scoring mind numbing games.

Well to each their own. I'm just surprised their arent as many 92 fans. Mabye I will build a tribute site and they will come out.

Why is there not a bigger following for the best game in the EA series? The scores are like football scores when you play against an opponent. It doesn't represent true hockey, and you can't beat the original.

If u play against the opponent with real rules (offsides on ,line changes manual, icings on and manual goalie) , and both players can play with good level, it is quite obvious that there will not be too many goals.

92 is a good game with few good tricks,:first:there are fights, second: when u make a line-change the guy with a puck does not throw the puck away like it does in 94., but still man, please..comparing that game to this finest game ever...u should go to buy fish form market and slap it to your face...

Well I don't know what version of 92 you play, but NHL 92 is the most difficult to score in the entire series in my opinion. Many many shot go off the post and you have to time the shot perfectly. The goalies dont go down like clockwork on wraparounds (94) nor do they let in horrible goals or flop like fish (93).

Perhaps you are thinking of NHLPA 93. The goalies go down like cheap hookers in that game, and it is the easiest one to score in.

I'm thinking of this game:

http://www.sega-16.com/Media/Print%20Ad%20...HL%20Hockey.jpg

And for us it was by far, without a doubt, the easiest game to score in. It may be a difference in styles; we became very proficient with the deke and the deke in '92, without goalie control, was impossible to defend. Like I said, with '92 we routinely scored in the double-digits - and if you got shut out you might as well be drinking mineral water in Ohio. If you had two broken thumbs you'd still probably expect 3 goals a game. That said, if you didn't use the deke as your primary weapon, the game play might have been very different for you. YMMV.

Hey, I loved '92. I loved '93 even more. I loved '94 even more than that. I tolerated '95. I felt EA was giving me repeated punches to the groin area with '96 and beyond. So I've got no beef with anyone who professes devotion to '92-'95.

And for us it was by far, without a doubt, the easiest game to score in. It may be a difference in styles; we became very proficient with the deke and the deke in '92, without goalie control, was impossible to defend. Like I said, with '92 we routinely scored in the double-digits - and if you got shut out you might as well be drinking mineral water in Ohio. If you had two broken thumbs you'd still probably expect 3 goals a game. That said, if you didn't use the deke as your primary weapon, the game play might have been very different for you. YMMV.

Hey, I loved '92. I loved '93 even more. I loved '94 even more than that. I tolerated '95. I felt EA was giving me repeated punches to the groin area with '96 and beyond. So I've got no beef with anyone who professes devotion to '92-'95.

Hey adminsorb, these comments just show that u dont have a slidest idea what a f.. k u are talking about. Still.good try and keep up the good spirit boy, maybe u will learn to score soime day.. :(:unsure::lol:

One goal that was extremely easy and frustrating was the slap shot. Without manual goalie control a good shooter could simply cross the blue line, wind it up and score. There was very little chance of stopping it. Slappers, combined with dekes, led to crazy high scoring games.

But nevertheless 92 was a fun game.

BTW: Why do people feel the need to have multiple identities?

I'm thinking of this game:

http://www.sega-16.com/Media/Print%20Ad%20...HL%20Hockey.jpg

No beef here either! But 93?! WAY easier to score in that game!!!!! Ask anyone!!!!!

One goal that was extremely easy and frustrating was the slap shot. Without manual goalie control a good shooter could simply cross the blue line, wind it up and score. There was very little chance of stopping it. Slappers, combined with dekes, led to crazy high scoring games.

But nevertheless 92 was a fun game.

BTW: Why do people feel the need to have multiple identities?

No multiple identities. I am gona use this name next season. New name, I cant stay with the same thing for very long.

Wait, you had trouble scoring in '92? Wow. Were you starting Michel Goulet?

Hey adminsorb ( sorry if i spell your name wrong, have troubles to see my 3inch display) . I wasn't talking about that it is hard to score in 92. I just think that 92 isn't as near as good what 94 is. Don't u agree? Wow man, i thought that u from all people would stand behind this awesome game. BUt, newertheless, u seem to have troubles to deside which one u like most..so little bicicle boy, keep playing, and untill u desided, please dont contact "the royalties" in these forum sites sites like fleurys hip check and me... :)

PS. Fleury, I am being warned, gonna drag u down to deep waters with me. Then we can play in the dark with tunafishes like two idiots :P

nice try backhandfloater, espicially when everybody here knows that u can even call uself a player, you are a liitle scared boy... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a strange obsession you have with me...

But maybe that's your thing... Finding random males on the internet... Young ones too...

so whos this guy? i think he needs to whip out his NES and play some blades of steel (shhwing). one timers a bad thing? why dont we wear skirts to play as well? and goalie control is a bad thing? turn it to automatic and watch me score 15 on you. work it out.

so whos this guy? i think he needs to whip out his NES and play some blades of steel (shhwing). one timers a bad thing? why dont we wear skirts to play as well? and goalie control is a bad thing? turn it to automatic and watch me score 15 on you. work it out.

It's funny you mention "skirts" and you love NHL 94, which is the biggest pussy game in the series.

Step up to the plate and play some NHL 92 and NHLPA 93, hockey games for real men, with fighting and blood. Not the pussified 94. :rolleyes:

And with my defense you would not be scoring 15 goals on me, but I might very well on you. You're used to having the goalie bail you out, but in 92 and 93 you actually have to learn to play defense. :lol: