NHL'94 Forums

Lance et compte/Les boys roms

I got the puck

Hello there...been a long time I did not post but thought I could do one with older roms that were never released before that are inspired by seamor's awesome 3 on 3 rom 'on the pond'...These are roms that if you are Quebecers, French Canadians or you are very familiar to the Quebec culture, you will surely know about these blockbusters tv/movie series Lance et Compte (i.e. He shoots he scores) and Les Boys.  They are very popular. everone familiar with these hockey stories knows the movie lines just like you would for the movie slapshot.  So there was enough material for me to do the roms as all the characters are included in it.

The lance et compte rom has the team 'Le National de Laval' with all the characters in the tv series and movie and they are facing a team of former Quebec nhl stars who became sportscasters in Quebec.  

the second rom 'Les Boys' carefully and successfully recreate the final game in the very first movie, which I consider a true classic where everyone knows the lines.

Hope you enjoy it and even though you are not familiar with it,  hey these are more free roms for your enjoyment.  Hope you like it.  I will probably post something new sooner than later.  Cheers!!

image.jpegimage.jpegLes Boys on the pondvf.binLance et Compte on the pondv4.bin

• Like 1

I think I remember seeing this show back in the day on English CBC. Was this the one where the team had Nordiques uniforms but the logo was changed from an "n" to an "m"? Didn't see too many episodes at the time, but thought it was pretty cool that it was a show about a hockey team. Especially since it was the last show I'd seen until Power Play got a couple seasons in the late '90s.

Didn't know they made movies.

Yeah, you got it von!! on cbc, it was titled 'he shoots, he scores'.  It did not have the same impact on cbc than in Quebec but the storyline is very good and engaging.  Les Boys is less dramatic and more funny than he shoots he scores.  Power play rings a bell but I can't exactly remember it.  Another great Quebec hockey show that was cancelled after one season is 'Demain des Hommes'  the story of a junior team in northern Quebec.  I watched it and found it really great.  I screamed when they cancelled it but maybe the series would be less interesting and thus made history with one great season.  Les Boys had many spinoffs and movies but none as great and super than the first original one.