NHL'94 Forums

TOOL/PATCH: Sean's NHL 94 Music Patch

Sean

Hey all.

I have finished my music patch and created an accompanying Excel Music Table Generator that will expedite the process for anyone looking to plug the songs into a ROM.

I don't know if any of this is useful to anyone except me, but please feel free to use it if you want a more modern sound in your game.

The music catalog has mostly stadium jams and a few pep/marching band songs just to accommodate my NCAA project, but also a feel references either to the original NHL 94, other video games (New Vegas and Undertale fans may find a surprise inside), and TV shows in NHL markets.

The patch is compatible with any ROM and only updates the music notes, not the table because the location changes in different ROM sizes.

There are 66 total songs added in, and only a few from the original game remain as the "tone" didn't match on many of the longer/more advanced songs.

The Excel Spreadsheet has an input page you'll type songs in on, and then an output page that will spit out the hex combination for you to paste over your table. I recommend not leaving any song slots as "Random" if you're doing retro ROMs because I don't know how to control what that pool pulls from, and Kanye West or Metallica might throw off any 70s vibe you're going for.

I don't plan on updating this any soon because it was a slog, but if there are bugs please let me know.

Download here.

v1.1 Updates

I tried to live with it, but The Sopranos Theme midi was so bad. It's been replaced with some ABBA, and the spreadsheet had a new offset added for no music per discussion on Discord.

Sean's NHL 94 Music Patch v1.1 Update.zip

Edited by Sean
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Like 1