NHL'94 Forums

Idea for an NHL 94 rom hack

I'm not a hacker or tech savvy at all, so I don't know if this is possible . . . but I'd like to see a version of NHL 94 with no music or crowd noise. No sounds during the game except the tones to indicate when the line changes have occurred. I usually play it with the audio disabled on the emulator, but then I can't tell when Gretzky has magically taken over another player's body.

A hack with all-new music would also be cool.  

Edited by jake-stanley

Music is something we're just starting to figure out (see some video examples here: https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/19935-editing-musicsounds-in-nhl-94-a-start/)

Taking the music out is possible. Sound effects.. probably also possible...

But you could solve your problem by playing with manual line changes, too.

On 3/10/2023 at 6:43 PM, jake-stanley said:

I'm not a hacker or tech savvy at all, so I don't know if this is possible . . . but I'd like to see a version of NHL 94 with no music or crowd noise. No sounds during the game except the tones to indicate when the line changes have occurred. I usually play it with the audio disabled on the emulator, but then I can't tell when Gretzky has magically taken over another player's body.

A hack with all-new music would also be cool.  

NCAA Hockey road to Tampa has all new music. Decompress the zip to get all the bin files.