NHL'94 Forums

SNES A - Phillidelphia vs. Hartford

schwartz

After McMarkis handed me some spanks taking our series in 6 I thought it would only be fair to do a quick write up about the play. The scores do a good job of speaking for themselves but prepare yourselfs for a summary newhow!

Game 1: Handsome, confident and sporting the nicest jersey in nhl history, Schwartz and his Whalers take to the ice

Both teams had some kinks to work out of their game and McMarkis was also competing with some sort of half functional controller. He still managed to make a game of it but Hartford felt in control throughout. I hadn't played McMarkis much if at all in the regular season and it was difficult to gauge the guys skill. I don't think I became over confident but I definately didnt expect what was to come....

HFD WINS 4-2

Game 2: Revenge is sweet and so is Rachel McAdams

Very back and forth for the majority of the game and really set the tone for the rest of the series. All was well until late into the 3rd when McMarkis transformed like he was Optimus Prime or something. The guy became a demon with pants of fire as he methodically took apart the Whalers player by player, sending goal after goal passed Burke. Hartford lost any momentum they had coming into the series and went home to weep, get some sexual healing from their wives/significant others and regroup for game 3.

PHI WINS 9-5

Game 3: Heartbreaker in Philidelphia

It hurt :(

PHI WINS 3-2

Game 4: Heartbreaker in Philidelphia x2 resulting in mass panic in Hartford

It hurt worse :(

PHI WINS 6-5

Game 5:

In a final act of desperation Hartford threw everything they had at McMarkis and was able to squeak out a win. By squeak I mean simply that luck was one my side as McMarkis consistent offense was somehow held off in the final few minutes. The entire series was a great test of nerves as the majority of the games were decided within the last minute of the 3rd.

HFD WINS 3-2

Game 6: Fin

McMarkis finally revealed his true power in game 6 and reminded me that my losses had nothing to do with bad luck or goofy bounces, but simply being outclassed. Every run I took on the net was quickly and completely shutdown as McMarkis took one of the few shutouts I've given in the past while. It hurt my heart but luckily my booze was within arm reach and I was able to quickly drown my sorrows.

PHI WINS 3-0

McMarkis: well played and well deserved; I have no complaints going down to you and I am gonna be your #1 fan for your cup race NEVER FORGET THAT.

It was a funny season boys but if you played me at all this year then you have given me some hapiness along the way and i thank you for it. Now I will end this post but I will be watchin closely as I honestly have no idea who the hell is gonna take the cup. I love it :)

That was hillarious Schwartz, wish my writeups were that good.

Your all class man, & a terrific sport!

That series looked awesome. I had a chance to play a few exhibition games vs Mcmarkis & he was playin

a perfect style with the Flyers. I think he could give the shak/caper winner a good run!

You played me as well as anyone Schwartz, I think your right up there with the best of them.

You just gotta pick a different team..... do you live in Hartford or something??

The Whalers are such a wimpy team, hard to matchup against teams like Pitts, Chic, or Det.

I know well see Schwartz next season sporting a new Whalers jersey!

One of these days he'll pick a real team & kill us all ya!!

Great write up Schwartz. A class act all the way.

Even after the controller malfunction for game one, Schwartz wanted to make sure I felt the game was fair.

This was a great series with three games decided by one goal, and fun as hell to play. I do have to give you a shout out on your Denis Savard spin-o-ramas, you seem to have perfected that move.

He even taped Heroes during the game and offered to send me the tape… What a Schwartz

Great writeup Schwartz, and sorry to see that you've joined me on the sidelines. You still had a really good season in which you showed a lot of improvement from last year, and you were the biggest thorn in my side during the reg season for sure.

However, congrats to McMarkis for finding a way to move on to rd 3 after a trying season! Makes me even happier about my choice for "Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times". :) You seemed to struggle with the Flyers all season but found a way to make them work just in time for the playoffs; I noticed a big diff between the regular season games I played against you and the exhibition game we had just the other day.

Congrats to both guys on what looks like a tight, exciting, and well-played series.

Good luck McMarkis against the winner of 94kid/shakazuzu!