NHL'94 Forums

SNES Dynasty League

I've decided to run a single division Dynasty league, with separate championship and consolation playoffs, using the 92-00 ROMs I've created(see attached). Each coach will pick a team to use for ALL 8 seasons. Coaches are not allowed to change teams throughout the 8-season league. The complete league would consist of 8 short(20-30gp) seasons, one for each ROM, while skipping 94 since we always use that during Classic. It would be over a period of a few months in between various Classic and SDL seasons. We will be using the same rules as Classic: 5-minute periods, penalties on except offsides, manual goalie, line changes OFF. Team selections will be in order of skill level(part ELO/personal experience) with B players having higher picks since we'll be using a single division each season.

However, since the 92 ROM doesn't have ANH, FLA, OTT, etc those won't be selectable until they appear in a later season's ROM. If someone really wants to pick, say,  OTT (ahem @Bob Kudelski) from 93 onwards they can just pick a bottom tiered team in 92 for a single season OR just wait to join the 93 season. I mention this because ANH and OTT especially get decent towards the end of the decade.

I'm looking for dependable players to get games in rather quickly. Since there are 8 seasons(leagues) it will take a few months to get through all ROMs. I'm more concerned with finishing each season quickly and possibly taking a little time between each season so it's not a grind but that could change as the league progresses. If you want to play a season here and there that's fine but please don't quit during your team's weaker season(s). You may not get the same team if you drop out a season and return for a future season. If your previously used team is still available when you return it will be automatically assigned to you. If someone else took over the team in your absence you can choose a new one at an equal or lower tier according to the Team Ranking chart(see below) that is available.

I plan on having a FINAL playoff(after 2000 playoffs) to be played after all seasons are completed. Final playoff seeding would be based on cumulative standings from all seasons. All participating teams make the Final playoffs. A "Super" ROM will be created where everyone picks a single season roster they used from any of the 92-2000 ROMs. If they want to use a 94 roster for the FINAL playoff they can do so even though we're skipping that season for this league.

Below are the team rankings which include a year-to-year chart on team rankings, tabs containing team lineups per ROM, as well as by team. I've also included the Team Rosters sheet that contains the rosters and player attributes for each ROM. For other info on these ROMS go here: https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/25062-snes-nhl-hockey92-nhl-2000-roms-in-nhl-94/ . One thing to note is for the 99 and 00 ROMs I sourced the rosters from the PC version where weights were finally corrected by EA(i.e. Sundin being an 11wgt in 99 and 00 instead of 7wgt from 92-98). You can see the weights in the Team Rosters link below.

Team Rankings/Lineups

Team Rosters(attributes)

Interested/Semi-interested list(if you want to be added/removed to/from the list below just let me know):

@kidswasted

@koke_45

@dangler

@Triple A

@TecmoJon

@Mooney

@annatar

@angryjay93

@TheProfessor

@Skankhunt

@Bob Kudelski

@stewy
Discord channel: https://discord.com/channels/149631645589176321/1033019757336731668

92-00 ROMs.zip

Edited by kidswasted

8 hours ago, kidswasted said:

I've decided to run a single division Dynasty league, with separate championship and consolation playoffs, using the 92-00 ROMs I've created(see attached). Each coach will pick a team to use for ALL 8 seasons. Coaches are not allowed to change teams throughout the 8-season league. The complete league would consist of 8 short(20-30gp) seasons, one for each ROM, while skipping 94 since we always use that during Classic. It would be over a period of a few months in between various Classic and SDL seasons. We will be using the same rules as Classic: 5-minute periods, penalties on except offsides, manual goalie, line changes OFF. Team selections will be in order of skill level(part ELO/personal experience) with B players having higher picks since we'll be using a single division each season.

However, since the 92 ROM doesn't have ANH, FLA, OTT, etc those won't be selectable until they appear in a later season's ROM. If someone really wants to pick, say,  OTT (ahem @Bob Kudelski) from 93 onwards they can just pick a bottom tiered team in 92 for a single season OR just wait to join the 93 season. I mention this because ANH and OTT especially get decent towards the end of the decade.

I'm looking for dependable players to get games in rather quickly. Since there are 8 seasons(leagues) it will take a few months to get through all ROMs. I'm more concerned with finishing each season quickly and possibly taking a little time between each season so it's not a grind but that could change as the league progresses. If you want to play a season here and there that's fine but please don't quit during your team's weaker season(s). You may not get the same team if you drop out a season and return for a future season. If your previously used team is still available when you return it will be automatically assigned to you. If someone else took over the team in your absence you can choose a new one at an equal or lower tier according to the Team Ranking chart(see below) that is available.

I plan on having a FINAL playoff(after 2000 playoffs) to be played after all seasons are completed. Final playoff seeding would be based on cumulative standings from all seasons. All participating teams make the Final playoffs. A "Super" ROM will be created where everyone picks a single season roster they used from any of the 92-2000 ROMs. If they want to use a 94 roster for the FINAL playoff they can do so even though we're skipping that season for this league.

Below are the team rankings which include a year-to-year chart on team rankings, tabs containing team lineups per ROM, as well as by team. I've also included the Team Rosters sheet that contains the rosters and player attributes for each ROM. For other info on these ROMS go here: https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/25062-snes-nhl-hockey92-nhl-2000-roms-in-nhl-94/ . One thing to note is for the 99 and 00 ROMs I sourced the rosters from the PC version where weights were finally corrected by EA(i.e. Sundin being an 11wgt in 99 and 00 instead of 7wgt from 92-98). You can see the weights in the Team Rosters link below.

Team Rankings/Lineups

Team Rosters(attributes)

Interested/Semi-interested list(if you want to be added/removed to/from the list below just let me know):

@kidswasted

@koke_45

@TheWiz84

@dangler

@Triple A

@TecmoJon

@Mooney

@annatar

@angryjay93

@TheProfessor

Discord channel: https://discord.com/channels/149631645589176321/1033019757336731668

92-00 ROMs.zip 5.17 MB · 1 download

If you wanted more seasons. I'm doing 1910-2023 rosters. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

If you wanted more seasons. I'm doing 1910-2023 rosters. 

I will probably play those for fun but for this league I'm just going to go with the 90s ROMs with the EA player attributes. I'm excited to see how your ROMs come out! You do great work.