NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA '93 [a tale of discovery]

von Ozbourne

Figured I'd vent since it might also help me find what I was looking for, but I had a concept that would be assisted by limiting the number of selectable teams in NHLPA'93.
Had some information on '92 and '94, and had a few spare minutes to see if that information would be transferable to the one in the middle. Turns out the option to limit the teams in the Playoffs was easy, Regular Game options were not as obvious.

But then I come across some code that looks similar, but has 0003 instead of 0020. Figured I'd mess with it to see what it does and almost didn't notice this.
image.png

Not obvious here, but there are actually four active penalties to that home team. So lets increment.
image.png

Hypothesis appears confirmed, so obviously...
image.png

Well clearly the next obvious step is to get excited...
image.png

And then immediately feel disappointed.

Guess the search continues.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

To limit selectable teams in NHLPA '93

at 00013D2E change 001A 001A is the Hex # of teams (default 1A = 26)

at 00014492 change 0017 where 17 is the Hex # number of playoff teams -1 (default is 0017 =23)

at 00014498 change 7417 where 17 is the Hex # number of playoff teams -1 (default is 0017 = 23)

at 00013BAC change 7818 where 18 is the Hex # number of teams (default is 24)

• Thanks 2

It's also worth noting that the address seems to be different between revisions. I remember when I was fiddling with Hockey 93 back around the holidays, I had to switch versions because when I went to those addresses in the version I started on, I found different data. Don't remember which version that was, though.

7 hours ago, CoachMac said:

at 00013D2E change 001A 001A is the Hex # of teams (default 1A = 26)

Dude. All of the thanks. I had all of the other ones changed, but it appeared that offset 00013BAC only took care of the Playoff teams and 00014492 and 00014498 didn't actually do anything. My notes were missing this one and that was exactly what I needed for exhibition games.

To add to what @Sedge said, this is using the 32-team mod of NHLPA'93.

And on a side note, if anyone is interested in removing icing calls, that one appears to be at 0000CC9E. Just change 08F8 to 6002.

Edited by von Ozbourne
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1