NHL'94 Forums

SNES A LA vs WINN Round 2

pokrchamp

Well it was an easier series than I expected, but Fenty did give me an early scare!

Game 1: Fenty's 1st playoff game, & I thought he might come out flat as I did my first post season game.

This was the worst game I've seen fenty play, I probably coud have won this game by even more.

6-1 Winn

Game 2: This was a great hockey game. Back & Forth the whole way, never more than 1 goal

separating the 2 teams. It was 5-4 Fenty when I scored with 30 seconds left to even it up.

Blake then took a penalty with 1 second left & I knew I'd have the edge going into O.T. I poured it on

in overtime. Within a minute Selanne is hauled down on a breakaway & gets awarded a Penalty Shot.

Fenty made one of the best saves I've seen in 94 as he made a quick glove save off a selanne wrist shot.

The next 2 minutes I had chance after chance, the puck must have been in the LA zone for over 2 minutes!!!!!

That was the best goaltending display I've ever seen, at least 4 or 5 point blank saves. Fenty then came back

the other way and scored on a rocket one-timer & took game 2

6-5 LA

Game 3: I had a 1-0 lead early in the period & what I feared most happend. Blake rocks Selanne who lay motionless

on the ice. I await the injury report, & sure enough out for the game! Fenty even scored a short handed goal on the ensuiing

Winninpeg PP to tie it at 1. At this point I thought I might be in some big trouble. But I managed ok without selanne & won 6-3

I think fenty missed a big opportunity, and momentum was back in my favour.

Game 4: 5-1 Winn Game 5: 9-5 Winn

After game 3 I really had all the momentum & never looked back. I think fenty was at a disadvantage not being able to play

his 1st round games. But as always fenty was a great sport! He's improved alot over last season & is slowly climbing the SNES ladder. I expect Fenty to get even better next season!!!

As for me, I get my first crack at the seemingly unbeatable JotaC & the St. Louis Blues.

I'm really looking forward to this series, it will be a war for sure!!!!