NHL'94 Forums

NHL 96 with new (or silenced) main menu music?

rholmberg

I'm one of those rare guys who prefer NHL 96 over 94. Yes yes, I know. But still, I really can't stand the music that's playing on the main menu. It makes me nauseous. 

Would it be possible to get an NHL 96 rom with the widescreen patch (https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7511/) and new (or silenced) main menu music? Perhaps it's possible to reuse the music from '94?

I can't code at all so I have no idea about the scope of what I'm asking for here. Sorry in advance!

All the best,
Robin

I doubt we will ever see a NHL 96 rom. People have shown interest in one but no one has accepted the challenge of creating one. Not saying its not possible but Life comes first.

I guess that depends on what you are looking for.

I've made this one, but it was a bit tricky to make all of the new art fit in. And unless someone knows how to expand the ROM, you are limited in the number of teams you can have just due to the logistics of space.

If you're looking for an NHL roster update, your better bet would be to attack NHL'98 due to it allowing you to use 31 teams. With the fact that there are two hidden teams in there in theory pushing your total to 33. The only problem being that you can only access those two by using a cheat and overwriting the two All-Star teams. So I suppose if someone were able to figure out how to hack the game to allow all of the teams to be selectable simultaneously, that would cover all the current teams, plus one extra, but, while I'm not saying that it can't be done, I'm saying that it will likely not be straight forward and I'm not the guy who is going to be able to do it.