S6: skankhunt42

Draft Cameos: 

S2: Jeremy Roenick

S3: Luc Robitaille (no show)

S4: Russ Courtnall

S5: Teemu Selanne

S6: None

CDL Season 7

I plan on starting this league in a few weeks. I will give a week, starting 05/24/23 for S6 players from A, B, and C Leagues to let me know if they are returning. Once the week is done (or I've heard from everyone), there may be some open spots. Open spots in A will be filled by previous A league caliber players (ones who have played in A and still qualified to stay in A), or I will do a play in of sorts from top B teams to determine replacements (though I doubt we will need this). Open spots in B will more than likely be filled by C league players from S6, with a play in as well. This all depends on who signs up. There may be exceptions to the rule (where someone of B quality returns, they would participate in the play-in as well).

Note, the only thing holding up the draft will be A and B signups. Once this is figured out, I will announce the start of the draft (along with the draft order). Post Draft show participants is TBD at this point (hopefully the usual 4).

C league signups will be open up to the day of the A/B League Draft, and are open to anyone.

Current league cap is 24. This may change, depending on signups. C league signups will be limited to the number of A/B league teams.

Relegation and Promotion

The criteria is still the same. Last season we had 12 teams in A, and 12 in B. 2 players from A will be moving down (worst reg season record, not counting the fill-ins), 2 players from B will be moving up to A, and another 2 moving down to C, and 2 players from C will be moving up to B.

As of right now:

Moving up to A - Wittgenstein (B Champ) and Charlesworth (.693 win PCT)

Moving down to B - hokkeefan2 (.307 win PCT) and INDIO (.318 win PCT, lost the 4 way tiebreakers)

Moving up to B -  skankhunt42 (C Champ) and skills324 (best reg. season record - .868 win PCT)

Moving down to C - bvish (.205 win PCT) and Mr. T (.364 in PCT)

Again, this could change, depending on who is returning, signing up, etc. There could be more movement.

Sign-ups

C League is more of like a "farm" league, where coaches will choose (via a Team Selection Draft) one of the drafted A/B teams to play a season with, continued with a playoff. The C Champ and the team with the best reg. season record will be promoted to B league the following season, and allowed to partake in the A/B draft. This league is geared more towards the guys who are more novices at the game, especially draft leagues. They can choose a team during the Team Selection Draft that fits their abilities.

C is open to any player whose setup has been CONFIRMED to work (they will have a role assigned to them in Discord). Sign-up deadline will be the day of the A/B League Draft, and cannot exceed the total amount of A/B teams (currently 24).

League spots are for CDL6 returnees first. Empty spots in A and B will be filled by my choice; see first paragraph.

Draft News

Once A/B returnees all report, and I fill out the remaining spots, I will post the draft order. The draft order will use the previous season's record as a base. The A champ will pick last in the list, the B champ will pick 18th, and the 2nd promoted player from B will pick 15th. The 2 teams from A that were relegated will pick 16th and 17th. The rest of the selections will go by winning pct and playoff performance from CDL 4, regardless of A or B league. 

As far as the draft show, we will do a post A/B draft show, analyzing the teams and hopefully giving some insight that can help the C league players before their Team Selection Draft.

Uncle Seth, as A champ, has been assigned to get the Cameo for the draft show. Since AJ missed on the previous Cameo, we can try and do 2 for this show, 1 for AJ, 1 for Seth.

League Info

The ROM will not change from S6:

- 5 min periods, 10 min OT, 1 min Penalties

- Quicker control and longer range of Goalie

- Goalie stat boosts (+1 to agl, +1 to each Stk/Glv attribute, excluding Roy and Belfour)

- 0 Team Bonuses and PP/PK bonus

- Warm/Cool Bonus (very slight hot/cold, attributes in the Edit Lines screen will be accurate)

- Small Home Team Bonus in the Playoff ROM (+1), to make home ice a little more meaningful.

- Reduced Penalty Shot timer

Rules

Warning! There are glitches in the game. A majority of them are unavoidable. Some of them are able to be triggered. In this league, anything goes. If a glitch causes a goal against you, you are free to talk about it with your opponent and decide an outcome, and come to an agreement. But there is no rule stating they have to reciprocate the goal. Double penalty shot? Play to the whistle. Next time blow your opponent out if he does something to piss you off.

One rule regarding pulling the goalie - It must be done while having possession, or before a faceoff in the offensive or neutral zone.

Let me know if you are returning or not, by posting below, or DM me in Discord. If I don't hear from you, I will assume you are not returning.

• chaos changed the title to CDL7 - Signups and Returnees

(blizzard)

IN - (provided theres a slot available - recent years signees probably have priority)  ....... so C league , but don't mind any level

Edited by dmm1000
  • Love 2