NHL'94 Forums

Wrap Arounds?

baron#1

What are the sentiments on wrap arounds around here? In regina we play no wrap arounds, and with a play in question, the decision is made by an observer. If it is deemed to be a wrap around, the person that scored has to allow a goal by removing his tendy. Just wanna know what else goes down elsewhere. WHOS THE BEST I OFTEN PONDER? RIGHT NOW (94) STEVIE WONDER!

Yea, when playing friends on the console.. it's easy to setup some basic rules. But when playing online, it's virtually impossible to say any type of goal isn't allowed. That would cause all sorts of arguments. So, you just have to know how to stop the typical goals.

I can tell you when I play online, I only try for pretty goals just out of morale.

-Evan

Ah yes, that which was affectionately known as the "skate-by" was in fact outlawed unofficially. Allowed only in a blowout by the blown to get back in the game. Hey, it was better than one of those accidental console bumps resulting in the never ending frozen siren when it freezes up. I believe this move is specifically hilighted in the official NHL 94 card set. Look for "the brook".

I suppose its a clever way of covering up a rather glaring bug in the gameplay.

Ah yes, that which was affectionately known as the "skate-by" was in fact outlawed unofficially. Allowed only in a blowout by the blown to get back in the game. Hey, it was better than one of those accidental console bumps resulting in the never ending frozen siren when it freezes up. I believe this move is specifically hilighted in the official NHL 94 card set. Look for "the brook".

I suppose its a clever way of covering up a rather glaring bug in the gameplay.

How to stop the crease-cut: Manual goalie. Manual goalie will 99% of the time stop crease-cuts. The auto goalie will go down really early and leave an open net, but with manual you don't need to go and make a save, just stay with the puck carrier.

One can easily say goalie control will stop this goal. But its really not that simple.

Like many of the other goals, it becomes a Rock, Paper, Scissors game against a savy offense. You think you can stop this goal everytime? Try playing Tickenest.

Try doing it drunk as s**t.

its not about "knocking down" the wrap around Mr.... Badger was it? its about having no other alternative that one has to revert to trapping a sluggish computer controlled goalie on the post. although i do see i have neglected a part of the game in manual tendy-ing and will have to put in a few hard hours to hone my skills.

Badge makes a great point.

Since the goalies are industructable and made out of depleted uranium: I try to pull the goalie as far as it can, out to the top of the crease. So I can cut down the angle on the shot and collide with the player if I foresee the "cross crease.cheese" TM..We all know one slight love tap to a skater from a netminder and a he'll spill all over the ice like he just tripped a claymore.

While I have no probs with the ccc. I do feel stopping in front of the cage on a penality shot is somewhat unsavory. Playing back in the day it was the only rule we ever had.

Personally, im from the old "hard-knock" school of no wrap arounds. Im your typical old fashion defensive minded kind of guy who thoroughly enjoys a 2-1 or 3-2 game all though thats not usually the case. Like mentioned before, wrap arounds add another "rock, paper, scissor" type element to the game where your guessing at what your opponents are going to do. I like the games to be more hindered on skill rather than luck. But thats the beauty of chel, anyone can win (even Ottawa).

Mr.Lauchy, sir, i misunderstand your quote as to how you like to have the game "hindered on skill rather than luck." Microsoft Word defines "hindered' or "hinder" as to delay or impede. So if everyone would like to contribute a small amount of money to purchase this young lad a dictionary, it would be greatly appreciated! (And Ottawa can only win if they're playing J-Lau)

When I see someone cut across the crease...i type 'nice goal' just before he scores it...and then get ready for the face off as he types back 'thanks man'.