NHL'94 Forums

Do not turn on?? (In NHL 07)

I'm looking for the answer of what that option does if turned on. Preferably by the rom creators if possible. My friend and I play with it on all the time so our user records are saved, but I'm wondering if there is any negative to doing that.

I'm looking for the answer of what that option does if turned on. Preferably by the rom creators if possible. My friend and I play with it on all the time so our user records are saved, but I'm wondering if there is any negative to doing that.

If you turn it on, use one of the last two (added teams) being VAN or WSH, play a game, then check the win loss ratios of the teams you will see that VAN or WSH percentages etc. will be wrong.

This is because the game only ever made the battery backup expecting only 28 teams. The above is a simple example of potential corruption to the battery backup data. There may be more corruption when it goes to save player data for these teams? Over extended use, this could completely stuff your games save. It might work. It might not. I wasn't going to test it until the cows came home because the the team win/lose ratio stuff up was enough for me to work out it might not best to leave on the User Records.... that why you "Leave Off!"

and no, I don't think I'll ever work out how to make the battery allocation bigger to support 30 teams properly...

• Like 1

If you turn it on, use one of the last two (added teams) being VAN or WSH, play a game, then check the win loss ratios of the teams you will see that VAN or WSH percentages etc. will be wrong.

This is because the game only ever made the battery backup expecting only 28 teams. The above is a simple example of potential corruption to the battery backup data. There may be more corruption when it goes to save player data for these teams? Over extended use, this could completely stuff your games save. It might work. It might not. I wasn't going to test it until the cows came home because the the team win/lose ratio stuff up was enough for me to work out it might not best to leave on the User Records.... that why you "Leave Off!"

and no, I don't think I'll ever work out how to make the battery allocation bigger to support 30 teams properly...

Ok, thanks for the answer. It has worked out so far, all the data has been saved. I rarely use those teams so maybe that is why. I guess I was most concerned that it was doing something to affect the gameplay.

I've noticed some wierd things on the game but it plays fine. The puck seems harder for players to catch and the bounces are irregular at times. Also, shooting is a bit different than on NHL 94. When I go back to that game it feels like a different game. I'm sure that some gameplay tweaks were made which is fine by me. It feels like its own game basically.