NHL'94 Forums

SNES B RD2 Buffalo vs Philadelphia

ThePimpImp

After 2 weeks of delay the first 2 games finally got underway in Buffalo.

Game One: A very defensive affair, where Philadelphia hit several posts after 2 periods was tied 0-0.

The third period saw buffalo score one about 2 minutes in, and then an answer by philly.

Looked like it was going into OT, but the sabres managed to get one late to take the opener 2-1.

Game 2 was a different game, but the intensity was just as high. The scoring opened quickly as mogilny got open. Yet again philly answered in the same period. the second was intense but not much happened. The third had buffalo open the scoring again and things looked good. Philly then took a penalty to make things look better. This was a false sense of security as philly broke out and tied the game up short handed. Then the juggernaut Lindros took the puck up ice and muscled off the entire team and scored to win the game and tie the series up at two.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series, and hope we can get it in.

Game 3: 2-1 philly

1st 2 philly goals 2nd 1 buf goal

Game 4: 5-4 ot philly

philly first the 2 buf in 1st second buf goes up 4-1 phi scores end of period third phi sores 2 early to tie end of period buf has about 7 wrap around chances. ot after stopping lindros on breakaway he gets one timer and puts it away

Game 5: 4-3 buf

1st 2 goals by mogilny 2nd 1 phi mogilny and lafontaine 3rd long 5 on 3 2 phi goals

Game 6: 8-2 Philly

FUHR was terrible brindamour was a machine d was outta position the entire game

I coudl do nothing right this game teh Ai was definately not helping at all, missing breakaway passes they get all season

The series basically was full of great defense and great manual goaltending which owned me. I am pretty sure i out chanced him fairly wel, but he handled it well. If I didn't blow the game 4 then I would have probably won.

I really think this guy could be going the distance.

Great series PaulCoffeySon and I look forward to revenge and to next season.

Game 3: 2-1 philly

1st 2 philly goals 2nd 1 buf goal

Game 4: 5-4 ot philly

philly first the 2 buf in 1st second buf goes up 4-1 phi scores end of period third phi sores 2 early to tie end of period buf has about 7 wrap around chances. ot after stopping lindros on breakaway he gets one timer and puts it away

Game 5: 4-3 buf

1st 2 goals by mogilny 2nd 1 phi mogilny and lafontaine 3rd long 5 on 3 2 phi goals

Game 6: 8-2 Philly

FUHR was terrible brindamour was a machine d was outta position the entire game

I coudl do nothing right this game teh Ai was definately not helping at all, missing breakaway passes they get all season

The series basically was full of great defense and great manual goaltending which owned me. I am pretty sure i out chanced him fairly wel, but he handled it well. If I didn't blow the game 4 then I would have probably won.

I really think this guy could be going the distance.

Great series PaulCoffeySon and I look forward to revenge and to next season.

Nice series...congrats to PaulCoffeySon.....it's a pennsylvania showdown now.