NHL'94 Forums

Who's actually the best team to play with?

baron#1

Personally, i find Detroit, with balanced scoring up front, and a stay at home d man in Chaisson on the point to be most advantageous to my style of play. But i know there are some Kirk Muller fans, Mari-omir combo (mario and jaromir), Roenick and company, Calgary and even Boston fans. Now why choose these squadrons to play with? I mean Yzerman, Dino and Federov, how can you beat that up front? and TImmy Cheveldae does his job between the posts. However, i believe Kirk Muller is the most dominant force in the 94 season. Whats your team and why the hell are they better than Detroit (what). Work it out

Personally, i find Detroit, with balanced scoring up front, and a stay at home d man in Chaisson on the point to be most advantageous to my style of play. But i know there are some Kirk Muller fans, Mari-omir combo (mario and jaromir), Roenick and company, Calgary and even Boston fans. Now why choose these squadrons to play with? I mean Yzerman, Dino and Federov, how can you beat that up front? and TImmy Cheveldae does his job between the posts. However, i believe Kirk Muller is the most dominant force in the 94 season. Whats your team and why the hell are they better than Detroit (what). Work it out

Ah yes, the powerhouse known as Detroit. Stevey Y, Dino and co. Why not just be Chicago?

As a former Habs player, converted to a Goulet-less Blackhawks squad, I've been playing the the Sabres lately. LaFontaine doesn't suffer concussions in video games and Mogilny's in his prime. "Dale Hawerchuk blows" you say? He plays a similar style to Brent Sutter, but has more offensive prowess.

Doug Bodger and Petr Svoboda aren't push overs, and Svoboda can bury some end to enders if need be.

Grant Fuhr can hold his own.

LD Lee Norwood

RD Jeff Brown

LW Craig Janney

C Brett Hull

RW Brendan Shanahan

Use the wings to drop it to Hull for bullet like one timers. The shift to right wing for Shanahan is a natural one. Lee Norwood just for the challenge. And, of course, Cujo.

I like using Winnepeg as well. High ratings with speed to burn.

I use the Kings and think they rock (at least they can put together a good first line). Jimmy Carson plays like a poorman's Kirk Muller so move him to center and have Gretz play wing. Demote lucky Luc and use Granato if anyone gets injured. Blake takes care of business and if Marty is feeling too slow, put in Zhitnik. With this line up, I'll take on all comers.

Although youve supplied a good enough starting line-up with a few substitutions when people are hot and cold, you have omitted to address the issue of Kelly Hrudey being the tendy. In my personal opinion, which corresponds with many others, I feel Mr.Hrudey should stick to "Behind the Mask" on Saturday nights in Hockey Night in Canada rather than sporting his flavorful bandana in Chel 94. Any other teams worthy of overtaking the Wings?

Although youve supplied a good enough starting line-up with a few substitutions when people are hot and cold, you have omitted to address the issue of Kelly Hrudey being the tendy. In my personal opinion, which corresponds with many others, I feel Mr.Hrudey should stick to "Behind the Mask" on Saturday nights in Hockey Night in Canada rather than sporting his flavorful bandana in Chel 94. Any other teams worthy of overtaking the Wings?

Kelly Hrudey can hold his own against Timmy Chevldae without a doubt.

I think your dream of a Red Wings dynasty will be overshadowed by Buffalo's emerging power.

As mentionned by a perhaps cloudy minded baron, the habs are a great team. While they don't boast the most talented laiden line-up, its hard to argue against them. Damphousse, Bellows hold their own up front although they definately could use more of an offensive touch. Desjardin and Schnider are a sturdy yet offensive pairing on the back end. But really this is all a moot point unless you factor Muller and Roy into the mix. Muller and Roy are debatedly the best at their respective positions and each can take control of a game in an instance. The only other potential combo that could match up to the is JR and Belfour. But lets be honest. JR doesn't match up to Kirk.

Cloudy minded? please.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to the former Quebec Nordiques. Had this team remained a stronghold in our separatist province and maintained that top line through the ages, it is inconceivable how many cups they would have won. With a starting lineup consisting of Sundin, Sakic, Nolan, Leschysen, Duchesne and Hextall, with the likes of Kamensky, Ricci and Kovalenko to back them up, you have to admit this team could have developed into a force to be reckoned with.

Cloudy minded? please.

I'd like to give an honorable mention to the former Quebec Nordiques. Had this team remained a stronghold in our separatist province and maintained that top line through the ages, it is inconceivable how many cups they would have won. With a starting lineup consisting of Sundin, Sakic, Nolan, Leschysen, Duchesne and Hextall, with the likes of Kamensky, Ricci and Kovalenko to back them up, you have to admit this team could have developed into a force to be reckoned with.

They did win a cup(s) with many of these fixtures....... see Colorado Avalanche. Definately not even close as far as best team in the game though Mr. Baron.

They did win a cup(s) with many of these fixtures....... see Colorado Avalanche. Definately not even close as far as best team in the game though Mr. Baron.

Yes, but had they maintained a roster with Sundin in the lineup i mean. And badger, we're all living in the past by playing nhl94. cause that was 12 years ago. grow up

its your world, we're just living in it

ill run everything by you next time

The ratings don't lie.

The Chicago Blackhawks, equipped with a first line in their prime, are the cream of the crop.

Their undoing, however, can be summed up in two words. Two french words. Michel and Goulet.

If playing an offensive minded team, Brent Sutter can extinguish an offence, and Christian Ruutu can provide some scoring punch against a more defensive team.

Eddie Belfour: unbeatable.

Although their biggest problem is who is controlling them at the helm. Usually you badg. and rankings are meant to show the weakness of the player.

Chicago is the best without line changes. Chicago's got a good front line as long as you put in Sutter or Ruuttu instead of Goulet, not to mention the second best defenseman in the game in Chris Chelios, the unstoppable combo of Larmer and Roenick (Larmer can really work in Gens, either zip a quick pass to JR for the one-timer or carry it on his own) and of course the Eagle in net.

With line changes, Quebec. Quebec are extremely well rounded - a starting line of Leschychyn, Duchesne, Sakic, Sundin and Nolan, Ricci, Gusarov, Kamensky and Foote making up a good second line core, and a good goalie backstopping an already strong defense with Ron Hextall.

Honorable mention to LA - great first line and some good defensive depth as well as a bit of offensive depth and not one but TWO good goalies - however, Kelly Hrudey is VASTLY underrated in this game, but Robb Stauber is a good backup. LA lack the kind of depth Quebec have and just aren't as all-around dominant on top line as Chicago, though.

Also honorable mention to Buffalo with a great first line core and two good goalies in Fuhr and Hasek, but a lack of depth and defense severely hurt them.

Another honorable mention absolutely HAS to go to Boston with their dominant first line containing three all-stars with Neely, Oates and Bourque, Sweeney and Wesley give good defensive options, but their goaltending isn't really up to scratch even behind their defense.

Pittsburgh have great top-two line depth with Tocchet, Mullen, and Francis, but lack defensive depth to back up a great pair in Samuelsson and Murphy - their goalie is above-average, but a lack of defensive depth without the amazing goaltending of Montreal or Chicago can hurt.

. One final honorable mention to Vancouver - amazing first line dominance with Ronning, Bure, Courtnall, Lidster and Lumme, good depth with Nedved, Linden and Diduck, a good goalie in McLean but lacking the kind of full-dominance of Chicago again, and not quite the depth of Quebec.

Thats a lot of honorable mentions. As well, depth is only if some of the players on your bench have lots of skills. While many of the players you mentioned turned out to be great hockey players, they were not great players in the game (i.e. Gerald Diduck 56 and Petr Nedved 60). 60 and a 56 rating does not consititute as depth in my books.

Thats a lot of honorable mentions. As well, depth is only if some of the players on your bench have lots of skills. While many of the players you mentioned turned out to be great hockey players, they were not great players in the game (i.e. Gerald Diduck 56 and Petr Nedved 60). 60 and a 56 rating does not consititute as depth in my books.

Nedved and Diduck are actually quite underrated - they're better even in game than their ratings show. Kelly Hrudey is usually rated around a 58, yet he's amazing.

I thought the name of this thread was "Who's actually the best team to play with?"...

With that said, why is Hrudey's name anywhere on this thread?

Lets be honest, he's terrible.

I glad to see I have a supporter against Badge's empty argument supporting the sieve wearing a bandana that is Kelly Hrudey. Like i said, stick to commentating, for its easy to observe and say "do as i say not as i do".