NHL'94 Forums

Video: Western Conf Finals Games 3, 4, 5, 6

backhandfloater

Exciting games! Too bad the files were currupted :(

Games 1 and 2 used the camtasia codec but we felt a little lag due to my cpu usage. Tested out Divx and Xvid and both are CPU whores. Finally thought I had it nailed by using no compression but the 4 gig files ended up being corrupted when brought into Virtual Dub.

Does anyone know much about Camtasia and or Compression? Should we have a 3rd person join game 7 to record it?

Any tips for a lag free recording?

• 2 weeks later...
Exciting games! Too bad the files were currupted :P

Games 1 and 2 used the camtasia codec but we felt a little lag due to my cpu usage. Tested out Divx and Xvid and both are CPU whores. Finally thought I had it nailed by using no compression but the 4 gig files ended up being corrupted when brought into Virtual Dub.

Does anyone know much about Camtasia and or Compression? Should we have a 3rd person join game 7 to record it?

Any tips for a lag free recording?

There is a very fast codec called Huffyuv: http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html

It only compresses about 50-60%, but it takes minimal CPU time and is completely lossless. You can then compress to high quality divx (or xvid or...) and it'll look great.

See also the 3rd post on this page for a patch that adds keyframe detection or something like that: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76396

I don't think this patch will make much difference when compressing nhl94, though, since the screen stays the same most of the time.