NHL'94 Forums

SNES A WiNN vs St. Louis

pokrchamp

Well, I've been writing about all my series wins, so I think its only fair to write about my losses too!

I really didn't get any practice games in this week whatsoever. I kept waking up at 12 & couldn't find anyone to play.

Jota said he hadn't played much either, so it was a level playing field, but I keep thinking now that maybe we both could have played on a higher level if we had gotten some games in. (Thanks to bloodythroats for the few games I did get in)

As good as I remember

Game 1: Jota said he was nervous. He played pretty bad. Probably gave up half way through & this game was over quickly. I knew there was no chance the rest of the series would go like this & I kept thinking that I had to win game 2. 9-2 Winn

Game 2: Was the best game I've been in all season. I had a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd. There weren't many chances but Jota managed to tie it up, & he made some big saves to send it to O.T. OT was really defensive, not alot of chances for either player. This was a first for me this season as we went the whole OT without a goal. 2nd OT & Hull gets in & picks the corner.

5-4 St Louis

Game 3: I got an early lead & never looked back. 7-2 Winn

Game 4: Jota took the early lead. I kept tying it up, & he would take the lead again. I believe it was tied when he scored the winner with 2 minutes left. He probably made a big save or too & held on for the win. 5-4 St Louis

Game 5: Again the nightmare happens. Selanne gets injuried in the 1st period, & is out for the game. To make matters worse Jota scores shorthanded on the Winn PP. Jota then knocks out Selanne's replacement Davydov. Jota had the lead & kept a 2goal lead the whole way. 5-3 St Louis

Game 6: This game was really tight. Tied going into the 3rd, when I scored a couple of quick goals to ice the win. 7-4 Winn

Game 7: This was a frustrating game for sure. It was tied at 1 early when Steen misses a onetimer for a sure goal. He then takes a penalty immediatly after. Jota scores on the PP takes a 2-1 lead. Selanne somehow finds himself with an open net as the goalie is out of position. But the D-man saves a goal & Jota comes back & scores. Jota built a big lead but somehow I get 2 fluky goals to get myselft back in the game. I was thinking maybe somehow I could pull this one out. But It wasn't meant to be.

Pokerchamp with his head down, picks up his clubs & heads straight for the course.

I had a blast playin this season. Thanks so much to those who run the site Evan, Schwartz, groundsedit ( I believe)

You guys do a great job, I hope you'll let me play again next season.

Great series Jota. You played great, the better man one. I'm not quite at that level yet.

GL in the finals!

Congrats boys on what looks like it was an awesome series. Two really closely matched players, I had a feeling this one was gonna go the distance. But man nobody can seem to solve Jota in a playoff series and especially in a Game Seven. The man is teh Claude Lemieux of this league (to steal a quote from someone else, forget who though), and is unbelievable under pressure. Has to be the most "clutch" player on either console, it's amazing how he finds a way to win every time. 7-0 in playoff series now.

pokerchamp, congrats on an awesome debut season, it's gonna be a while before a totally new player comes into the league and has the kind of immediate success and impact that you did. No shame losing to Jota, nobody's found a way to beat him in a playoff series yet. Can kid or McMarkis do it? We shall see!

Good series....jota deserves credit..after getting ripped 9-2 and 7-2 most guys would probably get demoralized...but that's why he's defneding champ....if 94kid wins his series...a SNES finals rematch....I'm calling my local cable company to get SNES centre ice package.